CHAPTER TEN

Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a red glow. A faint red glow coming from the discarded string laying on the ground in between us. Jungkook stood at the other end, his face full of concern with a slight bit of relief mixed in. 

"I found you," he said, mimicing the dream exactly how I saw it last night. This was a continuation, which has never happened before. It's always been repeats until one day, it'll suddenly change. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we're physically next to each other? I don't know. Whatever the reason, I was getting creeped out. The hairs on my arms stood on edge and goosebumps dotted my arm as I reached my hand out towards him. I moved forward until my hand hit something solid with a sudden thud.

A piece of glass.

Jungkook noticed my confusion and ran up to it, his hand own hand hitting the glass with a lot more force. He banged on it, almost like he wanted to break through but it held up against his strength. "What is this?" he scanned the area, moving across the room with his hands still up. His fingertips touched the glass in a way that confirmed that it stretches down as far as we could see. Probably around the whole arena. He came back to where I was standing and pressed his hands against where mine were. It felt so cliche but at this moment, it was what comforted me the most.

"Kook-ah, you have to get out of here," my lips were moving on their own. It was my body knew what it wanted to say before my brain even registered the words. "There's no more time left. They're gonna catch you if you don't."
"But they caught you," his eyes scanned my face, tears b at the edge. "How the heck am I suppose to walk out of here with you trapped on the other side?"

I realized that his English was near flawless. How many years into the future is this then? The fact that we were still together this far down the road made me automatically smile. But my body wouldn't listen. Instead, I kept the same pained expression on my face, eyes pleading at him to leave.

"It's too late for me. You need to go. I'm so sorry for not listening to you before, I just....I needed to make sure you were safe."
"But you're not! Do actually expect me to be happy knowing that you're not?"
"Jungkook, a lot more people care abo-"
"I DON'T CARE!" his fist slammed against the glass, shaking the section we were standing in front of. I seriously thought he had broken through. "I care about you and that should be enough reason for you to stop doing things so selfishly!"
"I'm sorry. I-"

Suddenly, the lights , blinding the both of us in a flash of bright white. He held his hand in front of his eyes and stared intensely behind me. I turned around and saw a group of people standing next to a reclining chair with tubes and wires laying all around it. It wasn't an arena. It was a lab. And I was the test subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I screamed, feeling my body jolt straight up out of bed. Jungkook's arms were immediately around me, his head perched on top of mine. His hand was my back in small circles while he hummed a tune in his soft voice, trying to calm me down. 

"That was the worst one so far," I said in between sobs, feeling slightly embarassed and guilty that I got snot and tear stains on his shirt. He didn't even notice them. If he did, he didn't look like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter