CHAPTER SIX

Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I let out a squeal that sounded like something between a baby pig and a banshee.

Jungkook's head poked out from behind me. His arms were tightly wrapped around my legs, and his chest was pressed against them. It didn't look like he was even struggling. I quickly grabbed the first two cups I saw from the shelf that I could now reach. "Ok, I'm good!" He released me slowly and gently, even checking to make sure my feet were on the ground before letting go. It took me a second to register what had just happened and get my brain back from wherever it flew off to. Meanwhile, Jungkook was standing literally 2 inches away from me. We were so close that I could see his chest rising and falling with every breath he took. I could even smell the slight scent of whatever cologne he wore. And I'm pretty sure he could also see that I was desperately trying to remember how to breathe with him standing so close to me. Even though my eyes were fixed on the ground between us, I could feel his head move towards mine, as if he were trying to kiss me.

"Um....I totally forgot to ask if you even drink tea!" I held up a bag of loose leaf jasmine tea in between our faces long enough to make sure he had backed away a bit. Once I saw the top of his head move, I lowered it to reveal him staring blankly back at me.

That's his " you better translate that ish for me" face.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and typed in the word "tea". 

차 (cha)

"Do you drink this?"
He nodded, taking the bag from me and opening it to smell it, "I love this kind of tea. But honestly, I think I like the smell of it the best." I took the bag back and started to spoon the leaves out into disposable tea bags. "I'm guessing that means you like it?"
"Joh-a means 'I like' in Korean," he popped the bags into the cups and stepped out of the way when I brought the kettle around and said, "Well, I thought I heard you say that so I'll take that as a yes." The smell of jasmine tea is seriously one of my favorite scents on the planet. And it doesn't smell any better than when the water hits the leaves for the first time. I took a deep breath of the scented steam as I took the mugs from the counter top and handed one to Jungkook. And if I wasn't seeing things, it also seemed like he took a wiff too.

I headed in the direction of my room on instinct, only realizing as I sat in my chair that we should've probably just stayed out in the living room. Jungkook stood there with the mug in both hands, eyeing the articles of clothes that were scattered all over the floor, the piece of old artwork tacked up on the walls, and my small bookshelf that was overflowing with well loved books. Thank God he didn't realize that I was eyeing him the entire time. Like how does someone come into your room for the first time and look more comfortable in it than you do?

After a bit, he spotted the blue Muji bean bag I had in the corner, right across from my chair, and carefully sat down on it so the tea wouldn't spill. 
He seriously looked like a doll.

"So," I slowly sipped the tea, feeling the warmth radiate through my body, "I guess we should start from the beginning right? When did you.....uhhhh.....start having your dreams?" 
"3 years ago. You were wearing white and had a..." he trailed off, looking around for my phone so he could use Google translate. But I knew exactly what he meant even without it. "Red string?" I wrapped my hand around my wrist, feeling it start to tingle like it did before. "There was a red string right? And it tied us together?"
"How did you know?"
"Because I saw the same thing."

We spent nearly 2 hours going back and forth, comparing our dreams and telling each other what we saw. Of course, Google translate was a real life saver for the few English words Jungkook didn't know but for the most part, he understood pretty much everything I said. It took him a while to form sentences but his English really wasn't all that bad. My Korean on the other hand balls. By the time we had finished telling each other everything, I had chills running up and down my spine and goosebumps on my arms. Turns out, we were having the exact same dreams and at the exact same time, just from a different perspective. Like for the first once, he saw me floating, and for the second one, he was looking for me instead of me looking for him. They even changed on the same nights, which meant yesterday was also the first time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter