CHAPTER THREE

Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well," Soo sat back down at her desk, which was directly across from mine, "maybe he's also having dreams?" 
"You're kidding."
She shook her head, "I don't know, think about it! You said there was a red string in the first one right? And then a red light in the second one? Doesn't a red string or a red line mean something?"
"You mean like the red string of fate? You think that's what it meant?" I asked as I closed the tab with his pictures on it. His face was giving me the chills and I have yet to determine if they're good or bad. Across the table, Soo shrugged as she finally went back to her open project for work, "I guess? Honestly, I would tell you to go ask him how he knows you but I don't really see that as a possibility considering the circumstances. I think you might be better off with just leaving it. If that red string wants to bring y'all together, it will. Just...I don't know. Follow your dreams. God, I sound like a Disney movie." She let out an airy chuckle before plugging in her headphones and getting back to work. I let my hands rest on my keyboard again and let them type out the first thing that popped into my head.

B T S.

Again, their faces flashed onto my screen, and again, my eyes went directly to him. I clicked into a related website that listed their profiles and scrolled until I hit him.

Name: Jeon Jungkook
Birthday: September 1, 1997
Age: 19 (USA), 21 (Korea)
Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
Height: 178 cm (5'10")
Weight: 66 kg (145 lbs)
Position: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Sub-Rapper, Center, Face of Group, Golden Maknae

Seriously? The dude is only 19 years old??
Holy frick. I'm 23 and he's 19.
Oh my lord, I'm a cougar.
This is not okay.

But in my defense (or maybe his defense), he doesn't actually look 19. He could totally pass for 24 or 25. Maybe. His picture made him look more like a some untouchable doll meant to be put on display, but the guy I saw today seemed so much more...real. I mean, aside from the fact that he was there in the flesh but I don't know. I'm definitely thinking too much into it. I shook my head, trying to empty it out. The rest of the work day crawled slowly by until finally it was 5. I saw Soo's arms poke out from her computer as she stretched out her back and got out of her seat.

"You ready?" She tapped on my desk as I closed out Photoshop and logged off. "I am in desperate need of some KBBQ." 
"Ugh, you and me both. I need at least 2 bottles of soju to go with that," I picked up my bag and swung my jacket and scarf on as I followed her to the elevator down the hall. It was late March and winter was slowly starting to melt into spring but the nights were still pretty cold. My mind flashed back to that rude fangirl from earlier today dressed in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter