CHAPTER TWO

Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My fingers were moving by themselves.

Everything was on autopilot and I didn't even care.
I probably also have the most spaced out expression on my face too.

I was just replaying the events from this morning over and over again in my head, trying to memorize every last detail of what just happened.

It was him. It was definitely him. The boy in white from all of my dreams. There's no way I could ever forget that long, slender nose and those deep, brown eyes that you in without even trying. He was here. In New York. Literally a few feet away from me. 

And the only thing I did was wave like an idiot with my mouth hanging wide open.
I didn't even get a chance to say anything. I mean, I don't think he would've heard me anyways, what with all the screaming fangirls surrounding him, but he was pushed into the car before he could also say anything else. I didn't even catch his name. 

"Hello? ____________? You alright? HELLO!?!?!?"

I jolted my head up, my eyes quickly scanning the room over before landing on the scrunched up, concerned face of Soomin (or Soo for short), my coworker and coincidentally, my best friend in the city. She had immigrated to America from South Korea when she was super little so she doesn't remember much from her life over there, but she makes sure to keep in touch with her Korean roots via her coming and going obsessions. Her parents call it "childish" but she apparently gave up on making them understand some time during middle school. They just let her keep going since it helps her practice her Korean. Me on the otherhand, she hasn't given up on. The little I know about Korean music and shows is all from the bits and pieces she tells me at work when another group comes out with another new song. Aside from that, I know next to nothing.

"Yeah, what?" I stared at her confused face with my expressionless one. My mind was still wandering to the boy's face, how his hair framed his features so perfectly, how his lips formed the two words he said to me, how the air between us suddenly felt different and the screams seemed to fade away. And if I wasn't trippin, it also looked like he took a glance back at me while being shoved into the van. 

But I probably was trippin.

Soo propped herself onto my desk, her legs dangling off the side, "Girl you've been spaced out since you got into the office. You wanna share what's going on or do I have to get it out of you?" She rested her chin on the back of her hand while staring me down with one raised eyebrow. One does not simply say no to Soo when she raises her brow at you. Cause even if you say no to her, she'll eventually find out.

"You're gonna think I'm insane."
"Try me man. I've seen you after 6 drinks. Nothing is going to surprise me anymore." 
I sighed, feeling the anxiety buil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter