Childhood Sweetheart

Extraordinary Mother

The school year was over and the summer wave is on, Irene love and dont love summer at the sametime just because its hard for her to control the 4 kids at home unlike when there is school she only watched Yeri crawling at her crib, also the heat in South Korea could made you realized somehow that winter season could be better, Well she loved summer because its not the hard time for her to dry up her laundries.

 

“Its my turn unnie! Its so hot!” Joy whined as she keep pulling her big sisters short telling her to come down, her big sister was on the top of the table where she dig her faced to their air condition fan.

 

“Yah! Stop pulling me down! Arraso Ill come down!” Wendy scolded Joy.As Joy impatiently climbs up and stand up to the table where Wendy is.

 

“Could you two stop facing the aircon! You guys blocking the cold air all the way from here!” Seulgi irritatedly said to her younger siblings as she came forward where her sisters are and putting them down one by one.

 

“Unnie!” Joy and Wendy whined.

 

“No buts!” Seulgi said giving her sisters a looked as she keep away the table near where the aircon is.Wendy and Joy pouted as they sat down in the sofa and leaving them no choice they fan theirselves with a hand fan.

 

“Now that is much better” Seulgi chuckled as she joined her sisters in the living room watching their favorite cartoon as she also fan herself with a hand fan.

 

“Unnie! When we’ll go to the beach?” Joy asked as she was lying in the sofa still fanning herself with the hand fan.

 

“About that, I dont know, mom dont wanna go to the beach ever since that you buried Wendy at the sand and leaving her there” Seulgi chuckled as it flashback in her mind.

 

“Yah! See its your fault you little-“ Wendy annoyingly said before she continues Seulgi stopped her.

 

“Dont start it Wanda” Seulgi remind her sister cause this might end up a fight again.

 

“Hey its not my fault you told me to buried you at the sand, Iam just obedient ya know” Joy giggled and reasoned out.

 

“Yah! That is not what I meant!” Wendy halfly shouted, as Joy raises her hand defending herself before flying pillow landed her face, Joy loves to older sisters.

 

“Whats the noise about?” Irene asked, as she went out the bedroom with Yeri on her arms as she put Yeri besides Seulgi at the white rubber mat.

 

“Oh nothing mommy hehe” Seulgi said giving her mom a goodmorning kiss.

 

“Good morning eomma!!” Wendy stood up as she open her arms hugging her mom and gave her a kissed on her cheeks.

 

“Eomma!! Goodmowning!” Joy cheerfully said waiting her turned to be at her mother’s grip and giving her mom a sweet kiss.

 

“Aigoo, why my kids are so sweet today huh?” Irene smiled at her kids appreciating their sweet gestures she knew her kids where up to something.

 

“I think I know what it is, still a no” Irene said as she walked to the kitchen.

 

“But mom!” Joy and Wendy followed her mom to the kitchen and whined.

 

“No is no” Irene coldly said as she pull out some food from the refrigerator.

 

“But its hot mom! The weather is killing us!, like this” Joy slightly and playfully strangled Wendy.

 

“Hey why would u do that?” Wendy quickly removed Joy’s hand from her neck.

 

“For mom to know how the weather killing us” Joy whispered to Wendy telling her to just play along with her.Irene chuckled by her third child’s action.

 

“See, that is why I dont wanna go to the beach or any thing involving family vacation” Irene faced the two, how Wendy and Joy bicker each other could be one of the reasons. 

 

“But mom, I know that I buried Wendy unnie and forgot her there, I promise it wont happen again, I just missed beach mama” Joy reason out and whined as she keep pulling her mother’s night gown to get her attention.

 

“Yes mama, promise we will not bicker there or make scene there, I will not let Joy buried me again promise” Wendy said raising her right hand.

 

“Please mommy, my classmates already going to the beach with their family” Joy gave her mother her cutest eye that sparkled.

 

“Me and Yeri also wanna go to the beach momma!” Seulgi said and smiled from the living room hearing their conversation.

 

“Okay, lets first have a deal we will go to the beach today but if you guys misbehave we’ll go home eventually” Irene strictly said.

 

“Yay! I love you mama! We promise!” Joy hugged her mother.

 

“Its definitely a group hug!” Wendy also hugged her mom.

 

“Wait for us!” Seulgi giggled and eventually joined the group hug.

 

“Hahaha alright alright I cant breath! Mommy loves you too! Now lets have a breakfast before we could fix our things okay?” Irene giggled and said.

 

“Okay mommy I could—“ Joy stopped at the middle as the doorbell rang.

 

“Who could that be at this time?” Irene curiously asked and suppose to put down the plate she’s holding for her to get the front door but Seulgi offered instead.

 

“Ill get it mom” Seulgi rush to the front door.

 

“Surprise!” a guy wearing a blue polo shirt  and manly shorts who’s very attractive holding some box of donuts.

 

“Oh! Uncle Bogum!” Seulgi cheerfully hugged the person infront of her.

 

“Bogum? Youre here?” As soon as Irene heard the name she immediately run Irene couldn’t believe to the guy in front of her.

 

“Well of course you think this is a picture?” Bogum chuckled.

 

“Tssk you never change” Irene laughed as well as Bogum.

 

“Hey when did you arrived here? All the way from Australia?” Irene curiously asked.

 

“Ahm before I could answer that can you let me in first? The donuts will get cold, how rude your mother is?” Bogum faced Seulgi as Seulgi giggled.

 

“Omg! Uncle Bogum!!!” Joy run to the living room.

 

“Oh be careful sweetheart haha” As Bogum welcomed Joy by his arms and twirl her arround.

 

“Are these donuts??” Joy pointed the box of donuts.

 

“Well yes it is! And more bavarian flavors” Bogum winked.

 

“Thank you samchon! You d best!” As Joy happily said as she free from Bogum’s grip and carried the box of donuts all the way to the kitchen.

 

“You didnt answer my question” Irene chuckled and said.

 

“Oh right just Joy is too cute haha oh yeah I forgot to tell you because I want to surprise you and tada” Bogum said and let a small laugh.

 

“Well you succeeded haha, youll go back there eventually?” Irene replied.

 

“No, the contract already ends at Australia, you know once the building was done business end, civil engineers work that way” Bogum smiled.

 

“Well you have more clients more than I thought” Irene replied.

 

“Well that was in Australia, hopefully Ill get some here in Seoul” Bogum explained.

 

“Of course you can, that skills of yours and non stop construction building every single day I saw each time I went to the city” Irene chuckled, well you can never deny how huge the buildings in Seoul are.

 

“You’re just saying that for me to stay, dont worry hon my mind wont change Ill stay” Bogum went closer and whispered.

 

“Iam not saying anything” Irene giggled.

 

“Oh yeah what brings you here?” Irene changing the mood.

 

“To visit you and the kids, its also my responsibility as your bestfriend” Bogum smiled.Irene smiled back, Bogum was her childhood bestfriend ever since they were young Bogum was always there for Irene, they go to school and went home together, play at the village playground during the afternoon and weekends,love to tease each other, he is someone that Irene can rely on.

 

Many people thought that as soon as they grow up they will definitely end up together, the fact that Irene’s mother already think about what their wedding look like but apparently her mother was shocked the moment that Irene decided to get married and Bogum’s name was not written as the groom her mom quite disappointed that he thought Bogum is her soon to be son inlaw but of course she respect Irene’s decision.

 

On Irene’s side the moment she saw Bogum she always have this thought that what if I definitely end up with Bogum? Maybe life could be more happier if he really is the father of my children maybe he wont leave me the way Suho leaves me, what am I thinking?..

 

“Hello Irene?” Bogum waves his hand infront of Irene as he saw Irene was spacing out.

 

“Oh Im sorry what was that again?” Irene replied.

 

“Iam asking how are you and the kids here” Bogum chuckled, he always found it cute when Irene sometimes dont pay attention.That innocent face of her.

 

“Oh were fine” Irene smiled and frowned.

 

“I think you’re not, I know you, that face” Bogum replied this time he went closer and look Irene to her eyes.

 

“Well being a single mother was hard but seeing my children happy Iam happy and contented already” Irene smiled as she look at Seulgi helping Joy to arrange some plates at the kitchen.

 

“When was the last time Suho visited?” Bogum seriously asked.

 

“Last month but that was in our old house” Irene replied.

 

“You guys the last time you hang out?” Irene added.

 

“The moment that I knew that he cheated on you, damn that f—“ Bogum was stopped by Irene’s hand on his mouth.

 

“Yah! There are a lot of kids!” Irene said.

 

“Oh yeah hehe” Bogum realised and fix his self.Irene laughed.

 

“But you guys are friends” Irene said.

 

“No definitely no, he damn hurt you, I trusted him, I told him that the moment he’ll hurt you he will not know me anymore, apparently he did, I dont break my words” Bogum seriously said.

 

“I dont know Bogum he just change” Irene sadly said.

 

“Ayst, we have nothing we can do if he change already, what we can do is to live better, and what you are showing to him that you are strong and you raised your kids this past years, its enough to show to him that you can stand without him and its not your lose always remember that, I dont know anymore if it is not something he cant regret on, is he even a human?” Bogum shook his head.

 

“That words of wisdom of yours, where did you get that?” Irene chuckled.

 

“From the Aussie’s I guess?” Bogum laughed and this also earned a laughed from Irene, that sense of humour he had how come Irene didn’t fall to him earlier?.

 

“Eomma, Yeri dont wanna be on her crib” Wendy went out from her bedroom with Yeri on her arms.

 

“She might dont wanna sleep, hand me Yeri, maybe she wanted to be on her high chair at the kitchen” Irene said.

 

“Oh Bogum samchon is here Wendy” Irene smiled and said to her second child and rocked Yeri on her arms.

 

“Oh yeah” Wendy coldy bowed at Bogum and greeted as she head to the kitchen.

 

“Wendy, dont be rude” Irene slightly scold her daughter, Wendy doesnt response.

 

“Iam sorry about her” Irene looked at Bogum.

 

“No its okay I understand, Wendy there are some donuts I bought plenty of strawberry flavours just for you” Bogum said and smiled to Wendy.

 

“Ne, kamsahamnida” Wendy again coldy replied.

 

“Do you hate him that much Wanda?” Seulgi asked as she noticed her sister act that way whenever Bogum is around.

 

“Its not that hate unnie, its just—“ Wendy supposed to continue but Joy answered.

 

“Its just unnie hated that mama will have another potential courter” Joy replied as she ate her donuts.

 

“What? Where did you get that word? And hey why did you ate donuts you havent eaten breakfast yet” Wendy replied and stole the donut Joy holding and place it back to the refrigerator.

 

“Tssk, and for that, Ill eat your strawberry donut later” Joy stuck her tongue and ran away all the way to the playroom.

 

“Its fine I understand you but you dont have to be rude that way, he is still eomma’s bestfriend and our uncle, he is a good guy Wendy you know that” Seulgi said and tap her sister’s head.Wendy sadly smiled back upon hearing her older sister.

 

 

“Is that Yeri? She grew up already!” Bogum said as he looked baby Yeri at Irene’s shoulder.

 

“She giggled so hard, its her first time to smile this way especially to the person she saw for the first time” Irene happily said and handed Yeri to Bogum’s arms and then surprisingly Yeri hid her head to Bogum’s neck and hugged him by her cute little arms.Irene smiled by her daughter’s action.

 

“I think she likes me already, well 3 down, 1 to go” Bogum teasingly said.This earn a playful slap from Irene.Both of them laughed.Irene immediately shifted her eyes to Wendy at the kitchen and looks at her worriedly she’s trying to figure out why Wendy act that way, but Irene have this feeling she knew what it could be.