You’re my Daughter

Extraordinary Mother

 

Another fun and amazing day the Bae Family have been up to, they went to the zoo and the theme park at the same time, Irene promise the kids that they will go to the zoo the moment after they watch Seulgi summer dance recital, Bogum and Seulgi let Irene and the rest of the kids head first to the zoo while Seulgi and Bogum went to buy some snacks in the convenience store near the zoo, when it comes to big crowds Irene is cautious she watched her four kids, making sure that they will not lose by her sight, well she surely assured it but sometimes we are not perfect we tend to distract by other things, everything went well until there is one problem. 

 

“Woah Giraffes are so tall!” Joy exclaimed as she is holding some grass to feed the giraffes.

 

“Arent they scawy unnie?” Yeri asked holding her big sister’s hand.

 

“Nope, you wanna try?” Joy crouched down at Yeri’s level and hand her some grass to feed some giraffes.As Yeri slowly hand the grass to the giraffes.

 

“Oh oh the baby giraffe ate it!” Yeri happily said as the toddler jumps up and down out from excitement.

 

“See I told you” Joy smiled, while she is holding Yeri’s hand.While Yeri busy in feeding the giraffes, Irene’s phone keep on ringing.

 

“Oh Joy yah please watch your sister I need to answer this” Irene smiled she instructed Joy and turned around for a second as she answered her phone.Joy nod in reply.

 

“Joyii!! I saw some caramel puffs! Can you go with me please? Eomma is busy, Lets buy some!” Wendy said as she’s running toward to Joy and Yeri.

 

“Omg those are my favorite! Its been decades the last time I ate it!” Joy giggled.

 

“What? Its not decade yet your still 5” Wendy giggled.

 

“Oh right! Iam just excited” Joy giggled.

 

“Wait no one will look at Yeri” Joy worriedly said.

 

“Eomma is standing there” Wendy said as she pointed Irene still talking someone on the phone, she’s standing near around Yeri but she’s facing another direction.

 

“Wait a sec, Yeri yah? Wendy unnie and Joy unnie will buy some caramel puffs okay? Promise we’ll make it real quick, promise me to stay here and never get farm away from eomma okay?” Joy knelt down as she instructed Yeri.

 

“Okay unnie” Yeri smiled as she continue in feeding the giraffes.

 

“Come on you better treat me Joyii as you lose the game last night!” Wendy exclaimed.

 

“Fine, youre lucky I do have savings unnie” Joy giggled as she let go of Yeri’s hand and run away together with Wendy.

 

Minutes have past Irene is still on the phone talking to someone, while Yeri still having fun feeding the giraffes but not until a bubbles catch the toddler’s attention.

 

“Oh! Bubbles!” Yeri excitedly said as she chase the bubbles as she hops up and down to pop the bubbles, little did she know, she’s far away from her mother’s sight.

 

“Alright its already 2:00 in the afternoon lets go find your appa and Seu—-“ Irene said while she kept her phone in her pocket as then she looked up suppose to talk with her 3 daughters but apparently they are not there feeding the giraffes, the only sight she have right now is the baby giraffe happily chewing a bunch of grass, Irene starting to panic.

 

“Where are they?” Irene calmly said as she start to roam around every food stalls.

 

“Wendy yah! Joy-ah! Yeri-ah! Where are you?” Irene whispered to her self as she continuously searching them upon the food stalls.

 

“Come on Bogum pick up” Irene dialed Bogum her hands currently shaking as she holds the phone.

 

“Irene nah?” Bogum picked up from the other line.

 

“Do Wendy, Joy and Yeri are with you already?” Irene worriedly asked.

 

“No, Iam just with Seulgi, whats wrong?” Bogum asked as he can heard the worried tone of Irene.

 

“I cant find them” Irene said as she’s starting to tear up.

 

“What?! We are on our way okay? Calm down Irene nah” Bogum said.

 

“Come on quick” Irene worriedly said as she hanged up.She’s starting to lose hope but two familiar voices called her.

 

“Oh? Eomma!!” Wendy and Joy said as soon they spotted their mother on the other side of the food stall.

 

“Oh my god! Where have you been! I told you not to get far away from me! You scared me to death!” Irene rush to her two daughters, she’s half worried and angry.

 

“Iam sorry eomma, youre busy we tend not to disturb you” Wendy looked down as she hug her mother holding a pack of caramel puffs.

 

“Iam sorry eomma” Joy pouted as she hug her mother too.

 

“Wait where is Yeri?!” Irene asked as she starting to panic again as she look from side to side she didnt see her youngest.

 

“She’s still feeding the giraffes eomma” Joy confidently said.

 

“Ne, she’s with you eomma” Wendy added.

 

“What!? I just came from there but she is not there!” Irene suddenly stood up in shock.Wendy and Joy startled and feels scared and worried at the same time.

 

“Goodness, you left her there!?” Irene confronts the two, not caring with the people who passes by.

 

“I told her to just stay with you eomma and keep feeding the giraffes” Joy honestly said as she was scared right now she has a habit of biting her hands when she’s scared, Irene is the scariest when she’s angry.

 

“You’re busy with your phone eomma thats why we didnt tend to aaassk per-mission to to you” Wendy utterly said as she was also scared to her mother right now.

 

“I cant believe this! Now we need to find her!” Irene disappointedly said as she hold Wendy and Joy towards to the direction where Yeri last found.Wendy and Joy felt they could cry any minute now.

 

As soon as they back where the giraffes are, Bogum and Seulgi have arrived.

 

“Irene nah!” Bogum waved.

 

“Eomma!” Seulgi run towards where Irene and her other siblings standing, and the look of their face seems the whole world turned upside down.

 

“Bogum mah! Yeri is no where to found!” Irene started sobbing at Bogum chest.

 

“Hey calm down, we will find her” Bogum whispered as she taps Irene’s back to calm her down.

 

“Hey what happened?” Seulgi crouched down talking to Wendy and Joy, the two starting to tear up as soon they saw they’re eldest sister.

 

“We cant call the police, they’ll just entertained us if Yeri is missing within 24 hours but its already been 4 hours Bogum mah!!! Can they change they’re ruling? 4 hours is still freaking long!” Irene ragely said.

 

“We will search the place again” Bogum said.

 

“We have been searching past 4 hours! Goodness my baby” Irene cried.She’s starting to think where is Yeri right now, she could even dont want Yeri lay some mosquitoes on her how much now she dont know where she is right now is she doing good? Or crying?.Probably calling her name.

 

“We need to go to the police even not yet 24 hours we have to inform them, we cant just be the only one searching her its getting darker” Bogum seriously said.Irene sadly nod.

 

“Ahm eomma, we have another option, we can wait Yeri at home, Remember Joy made her a cute i.d where our address written there, Joy made her wear that before going to the recital because Yeri want to wear it because its purple” Seulgi said giving them hope.

 

“That also could be but we hope that the person found her return her to us” Bogum said still calming down Irene while Bogum also cant stop from worrying.

 

“We need to try, come on if this wont work after 12 hours we need to go to the police” Irene said as she put Wendy and Joy on their car seat at the back while Seulgi followed and Irene on the front seat and Bogum’s on the driver’s seat.

 

As soon as they arrived at home, Irene cant help herself walking around the living room back and forth and thinking who to blame is.

 

“Kim Joy!! I told you not to leave her but why did you leave her?!” Irene scolding her daughter, you know when Irene is mad she include the surname they got from their father Suho when calling them.

 

“Iam sorry eomma, I just told Yeri just to stay where she is but..” Joy looked down in answering her mother as she couldnt help her self in tearing up.

 

“But what? And now she is no where to found! Your sister is just 3 year old she can be distracted in other things around her! Thats why I trusted her to you for the meantime Joy as I answered some calls” Irene scolded.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you girls that before doing things you wanted to do you should asked permission to me huh? Is it hard? Whether eomma is busy or not you need to ask first, I could just hold on the call for the meantime if you wanted me to go with you to buy some food, look what happen” Irene scolded as she’s right hand on her hips facing her children.Seulgi sat down playing with her hands as she dont like her mom gets mad as well as Wendy and Joy.

 

“You’re not allowed to play with your dolls for one week Joy” Irene said as she decided she needs to discipline Joy on her irresponsible action.

 

“But mom!” Joy whined and stood up from where she seated.

 

“Eomma! Its also my fault! Iam the one who told Joy to come with me to buy some caramel puffs!” Wendy defended as she also stood up.

 

“You want it for two weeks? Then your Wen-“ Irene supposed to continue but Joy yelled.

 

“NO! I GET IT! IAM ALWAYS THE ONE WHO IS WRONG, SOMEONE TO BE BLAME!, YOU HATE ME EOMMA! YOU TOLD ME YOU DON’T HAVE A DAUGHTER LIKE ME!” Joy yelled and cried out loud heading upstairs.

 

“Yah! Dont scream at me young lady! Iam your mother! And when did I say your not my daughter huh?” Irene shouted enough for Joy to hear upstairs as Joy sobbed can be heard all the way downstairs.She suppose to go upstairs but Bogum stop her.

 

“Hey Irene nah, calm down, this cant be fix when you girls are fighting, dont be too hard on her, its no one’s fault” Bogum calmly hold Irene on her shoulders.

 

“No! She need to be discipline Bogum, not everything in this world she can get and the world is full of danger, they need to know the reality early as now” Irene said facing Bogum.

 

“I know I know but its not the time to blame somebody, Joy is also a child Irene” Bogum said.

 

“Ill manage her” Bogum sadly smile he then slightly tap Irene’s shoulder as he head upstairs to comfort the crying Joy.Irene let a big sigh as she hold herself from crying.

 

“Wendy yah, the next time ask me okay?” Irene faced and approach Wendy now in the understanding tone.

 

“We are very sorry eomma but please dont be too hard on Joy, its also my fault I should be punished too” Wendy innocently said and look at her mom.

 

“You cant play with your ipad for one week” Irene said.

 

“Fair enough” Wendy said.Irene always amaze by Wendy being fair at all times in any circumstances she don’t want to be bias.As Wendy hugged her mother.

 

“We need to go to the police now” Irene suddenly said its already 7pm in the evening.

 

“Ill go with you eomma to detailed everything” Wendy insisted as she hold her mother’s hand heading to the front door.

 

“Ill just stay with appa and Joy, eomma” Seulgi sadly smiled.

 

 

As the two suppose to open the door, the door bell rang.Irene peak at the monitor as she was startled by the people who are outside.

 

“Eomma!” Yeri cried out loud upon seeing her mother.

 

“Irene nah!” A young lady called out as she held the crying Yeri on her arms.

 

“Omo!! Yeri yah! Its okay eomma is here” Irene immediately carried Yeri on her arms as she rocked her comforting the 3 year old.

 

“Jennie yah!” Irene hug the person who found her daughter.

 

“How did you find her?” Irene said with the relief on her face.

 

“Lisa was playing around the corner in the play ground near the zoo with her bubbles then she saw Yeri popping it” Jennie smiled.

 

“Oh my gosh thank God, thank you Jennie” Irene thankfully said.

 

“Iam worried that you are currently worried by now, I dont have your phone number luckily Yeri had this cute i.d on her pocket thats why we immediately came here, sorry took me so long to find your house” Jennie chuckled.

 

“Thank you Thank you! Iam glad youre the one who found her Jennie, what if its a stranger” Irene gratefully said as she have Jennie tight hug.

 

“Yeri is a brave girl ,you well trained her, she wouldn’t come to me if I weren’t showed her a picture of me and you” Jennie chuckled.

 

“No problem, I would do the same” Jennie smiled and added.

 

“Come in first, have some coffee” Irene offered.

 

“I would love to stay Irene but the kids are waiting at home” Jennie said.

 

“Oh its okay, Ill just set up a family dinner with your family soon” Irene smiled.

 

“That sounds good!” Jennie giggled.

 

“So Ill go ahead! Bye! Dont cry Yeri youre home already” Jennie smiled as she caress Yeri’s hair.The toddler hid her face at her mother’s neck.

 

“Its Jennie imo, Yeri yah” Irene said.

 

“Ba bye Jennie imo” Yeri manage to wave her cute hands towards the person who saw her.

 

“Bye Jennie yah! Ill see u soon thank you again!” Irene smiled and wave back as she closed the front door.

 

“Omo! Yeri ah! Youre home!” Seulgi run toward where Irene and Yeri standing and hugged them.

 

“Yeri yah! You scared us! Where have you been?, Iam sorry we leave you” Wendy said.

 

“Its okay unnie, Iam a bwave gurl” Yeri giggled as she keep on sniffing.

 

“Ill tuck her to bed first, you two go brush your teeth okay? Before going to bed” Irene instructed Wendy and Seulgi.Irene decided to let Yeri sleep in the masters bedroom because Joy was crying in their room currently talking to Bogum.

 

“Okay eomma” Seulgi and Wendy replied as they both head to the bathroom.

 

1 hour have passed.Yeri, Seulgi and Wendy already fell asleep after Irene tucks them to bed,Irene went out and heads to the living room there she saw Bogum sitting at the sofa sipping a cup of tea.

 

“She fells asleep?” Irene asked.

 

“Oh yes she cried too much” Bogum replied.

 

“I hate that I yelled at her a while ago, she must be on shock she never saw me angry like that” Irene sighed.

 

“Its okay, you must be also shock to the happening a while ago, luckily Jennie saw Yeri out of the people there at the zoo.. Dont worry about Joy I let her understand you” Bogum smiled.

 

“But you should talk to her, she keep on saying that you hate her and she is your least favorite among your daughters” Bogum added.

 

“What? You know that is not true, I treat them and love them equally” Irene startled.

 

“Well yes of course you do, but sometimes in the eyes of the child its not” Bogum explained.

 

“Ill talk to her” Irene sadly smiled and went upstairs.She regret in yelling at Joy today, but she need to discipline Joy but she could just do it in a more understanding way she thought, she hated that she hurt her little girl feelings.

 

“Joy, I know that you are sleeping now but I want you to know mommy felt sorry about yelling at you” Irene softly said as she Joy’s hair.

 

“I scolded you because I cared, I want you to learn from your mistakes but I think mama was too hard on you a while ago, I should just have talk to you in a calm voice” Irene looked down as she held Joy’s hand.

 

“Eomma?” Joy woke up and sat up trying to open her sleepy eyes upon hearing her mother’s voice.

 

“Oh did I wake you up? Iam sorry sweetie” Irene said.

 

“No, Iam sorry eomma, its bad to scream at you it’s disrespectful, Iam sorry eomma” Joy tears up again and hugged her mother. 

 

“Don’t you ever think that I yelled at you means I hate you and you are my least favorite cause I love you all more than anything, Iam sorry Joy if you feel that my attention with you and other siblings are not equal that sometimes eomma is not perfect” Irene said as she cried while hugging Joy.

 

“Iam sorry eomma, I know that you love us so much its just maybe out of anger I said that” Joy said.

 

“Its fine now,Yeri was found by your aunt Jennie luckily, Iam proud that the id you made for Yeri helps thats why eomma felt guilty I ever scolded you” Irene said.

 

“I understand eomma” Joy smiled.

 

“Wait did I say that I dont have a daughter like you? When did I said that?” Irene asked as far she remembered she never said that.

 

“Mommy you dont, but in my dream you said that, thats why Iam afraid youll said that in real life” Joy explained.

 

“What? I will never said that no matter how angry eomma is I will not said that, you know even you are naughty sometimes and tease eomma how old she is.. you are my daughter Joy, you came from my tummy, you grew up with me, you smiled at me the moment you where born thats why I named you Joy and it will never be change” Irene giggled and sweetly kissed Joy forehead.

 

“Really eomma?” Joy hugged back as tears flowed from her eyes.Hearing the history where her name came from always made Joy emotional.

 

“I love you my Joy” Irene smiled and said.

 

“I love you more eomma” Joy smiled and said.

 

“Now lets go to sleep, I put some spoons in the refrigerator for our puffy eyes,we will apply it tomorrow morning” Irene chuckled as well as Joy then the mother and daughter lay down on the bed and eventually fell asleep.