I called him Appa

Extraordinary Mother

 

 

In the Bae’s residence everyone are busy preparing for Yeri’s 3rd Birthday, there would be mini gathering this evening with their closest family and friends.These past months after they went to Daegu, there are wonderful things happened, after Wendy accepted Bogum to be part of their family, Bogum decided to asked permission to the kids about dating their mother surprisingly they agreed into it, as long as their mom Irene is happy with it they supported it, of course Irene also have talked to her children about it and still their answer is a yes.Irene couldnt be more happier to the blessings that she received and about to come.The kids decided to called their Uncle Bogum to “Appa” since from the very start they knew that their uncle Bogum will persue their mom, its the kids idea cause they called their biological father “Abeoji” so they’ll not be confuse, at first they need to adjust but eventually they use to it.Bogum instantly have four children how amazing is that? He all treated like his own daughters, the kids felt like Bogum was eventually their father even not biologically but by heart he is.

 

“Appa, why it doesn’t work for me?” Seulgi asked while she is having a hard time to pump mini apparatus where its use to bloat a balloon.Bogum suppose to help Seulgi with it but a shout from the garden made him stop.

 

“Appa! Wendy unnie! Cant go down from the table its so high” Joy rushes inside the living room while she was holding little flags she suppose to give it to Wendy for another decoration thing to hang for the party.

 

“What?!, wait a sec Seul” Bogum said and Seulgi nod in reply.

 

“How come you climb up all the way from there and cant go down?” Bogum chuckled and bring Wendy down from the table.

 

“Sorry Appa, I didn’t realise thats high” Wendy giggled.Bogum suppose to say something but Joy speaks.

 

“Appa, where would I put this unicorns?” Joy curiously asked as she raises a bunch of paper unicorns in a strings.

 

“Oh right, lets think about it later after these little flags will be hang arround the corners” Bogum smiled while securely tying the little flags that Wendy hanged.

 

“Oh okay, meen I didnt know party preparations are hard” Joy scratched her head.Bogum and Wendy giggled by Joy’s action.

 

“Ill go back to you two after Ill help your big sister with the balloons, before she’ll fight again with just apparatuses” Bogum giggled as he remembered how Seulgi mostly will have a fight with small apparatuses I think its not really for her to deal with those kinds of things.

 

“Typical unnie” Joy smirks.

 

“Clumsy bear tssk” Wendy teasingly said as she shook her head.

 

“I can hear you, you know” Seulgi said standing while her hands on her hips and tapping her feet leaning her back at the sliding door that lead to the backyard garden.

 

“Now where doomed” Joy come closer to her Wendy unnie and whispered as the two younger ones nervously laughed.

 

“Who said Iam clumsy huh, oh yes you two are so doomed” Seulgi chasing her sisters around the garden.

 

“WAhh run for you lives!” Joy screamed while she and Wendy are laughing while running from an angry little bear, the little bear laughing as well as she’s trying to catch a chick and a squirrel.

 

“Okay thats enough before anyone get hurt” Bogum chuckled as he carried Wendy to his other arm and Joy to his other free arm.

 

“Appa, just let me pinch them because they are so cute!” Seulgi said in a sarcastic way, well Seulgi love her siblings but sometimes it pisses her off.

 

“No appa dont let her” Joy giggle as she buried her face to Bogum enable to hide it from her big sister.Wendy followed as well.

 

“Appa put us down, I think eomma needs to wake up for the cake!” Wendy giggled.

 

“Stop teasing your big sister so I could put both of you down, oh Seul can you wake up your mom about the cake? Yeri is still sleeping” Bogum smiled.

 

“Dont worry Ill hold this two for you” Bogum chuckled.While the chick and the squirrel keeps on giggling.

 

“Fine, thanks appa” Seulgi said as she runs upstairs.

 

 

“Eomma wake up! Appa is here already!, We are making the balloons and stuff already, We need you to bake the cake eomma!” Seulgi said as she rush to her mother’s bedroom and trying her best to wake up her mom.if you ask Irene didnt let Bogum live in the house yet but until the day if Bogum will propose and Irene will decide to said yes she surely let Bogum live in the house with her and the kids, of course in the right time.

 

“What? Its still early, does your sisters awake? I can heard their voices” Irene sat down from her bed trying to open her eyes resisting from the outside’s morning sunlight.

 

“Yes mom, but Yeri is still sleeping she’s the birthday girl though” Seulgi giggled and Irene smiled motherly.

 

“Alright Ill just wash my face then we’ll head downstairs” Irene said as she picks up her face towel and head to the bathroom.

 

“Okay! Ill go down first eomma! There are still decorations need to fix! And oh by the way mom even you didnt wash your face appa accepts you the way you are!” Seulgi giggled giving her mom her cutest hand love gun shots.

 

“Alright!” Irene giggled and reply her daughter another hand gun love shot, as Seulgi head downstairs.

 

“Alright!” Seulgi teasingly mock her mother on how the way Irene said it.Both of the girls laughed.

 

“Joy! Could you make it faster!” Wendy said to her sister, her shoulders are aching because Joy was sitting on both of her shoulders inorder for them to reach the wall where they will place the triangle flags says “Happy Birthday” and below on that is “Yeri turns 3”.

 

“Cannot wait?! Did I place it straight?” Joy asked.

 

“How could I see it if you blocked my eyes with your hands, just go down first” Wendy irritatedly replied.

 

“Opps sorry” Joy giggled as she went down.

 

“You girls are fighting again?” Irene said as she went downstairs.

 

“Whats new?” Seulgi smirks and replied while she is placing the purple balloons near the banner.

 

“Goodmorning Eomma!” Joy runs toward her mother as well as Wendy.

 

“Good morning!” Irene replied planting kisses to her little ones.

 

“Good morning beautiful” Bogum said as he also comes forward giving Irene a kiss on her forehead.Irene smiled.

 

“Isnt tough handling them?” Irene asked as she knew Bogum also having a difficult time dealing with decorations at the same time with the little kids.

 

“Oh no no , there are behave and responsible” Bogum chuckled giving her daughters wink on his left eye, the bear, chick and squirrel giggled.

 

“Very good” Irene chuckled.

 

“Eomma! Come on! Ill help you bake the cake! Before Yeri will wake up” Wendy said as she excitedly dragged her mom going to the kitchen.

 

“Oh okay” Irene giggled.

 

“So? I placed it and supposed to be the one who’ll check it whether its straight or not?” Joy said as she scratches her head, the 5 year old pouted.Seulgi laughed and nod to her little sister, as Wendy left her from the air.

 

“Its fine Joy! Good job” Bogum said as he looks the triangle flaglets in the wall giving Joy a thumbs up, the little girl gave her appa a smile.

 

When the clock turns 9:00 am in the morning, everyone succeeded in decorating the whole house and baking Yeri’s unicorn cake.As soon Wendy and Irene put some candles at the top of the cake, a loud cry heard all the way from the upstairs.

 

“Oh great timing!” Wendy squealed as the cake ready to present to her little sister.

 

“Ill get her” Bogum offered as he hurriedly went upstairs to get Yeri from her room.

 

“Eomma! Hold the cake, Ill light it up” Wendy said as she light up the candles above the cake using kitchen torch.

 

“Okay, slowly honey dont burn yourself and oh does mama looks good?” Irene smiled as she asked her daughter just to make sure she’ll not look bad in the camera if Seulgi will take a video while she is holding the cake, they are all ready in surprising their birthday girl.

 

“Beautiful as it is!” Wendy replied as she tiptoe to reach her mother’s hair fixing it both sides.

 

“Oh Seulgi! The camera!” Irene said heading to the living room holding carefully the cake.

 

“Oh right!” Seulgi said as she pulled out the camera that she placed a while ago in the center table.

 

“Joy go get ready with the party confetti popper” Irene reminded her third child as they went in their places ready to sing happy birthday as soon Bogum and Yeri head downstairs.

 

“On it!” Joy said holding the party confetti popper.

 

“Saengil chuka hamnida! Saengil chuka hamnida!” Everyone is singing the moment Bogum and Yeri head downstairs, Bogum carried Yeri on his arms, well the face of Yeri was startled and confuse at first the trace of crying still there but eventually the baby smiled seeing some balloons and colorful decorations around the house.Yeri giggled when she heard her family singing her happy birthday.

 

“Saengil chuka!” Joy said as she twisted the party popper and the confetti comes out, the funny thing is Yeri was startled to the sound and eventually her mood shifted as she cries.

 

“Aigoo gwenchana Yeri-ah” Bogum said as he rubbed Yeri’s back and rattle her to his arms to stop crying.Right,Yeri dont like to be startled especially she just woke up.

 

“Opps mianhe Yeri-ah” Joy hugged Yeri so she could stop crying.Wendy and Seulgi are laughing to the scene that Yeri giggled a while a ago but eventually cried again when she’s startled from the sound of party popper.

 

“Omona hahaha gwenchana Yeri-ah, come here look its your unicorn cake! Because its your birthday! Saengil chuka hamnida!” Irene said smiling widely to her daughter as she try to stop her from crying as they sing again the birthday song to lighten up again the mood.

 

“Saranganeun Bae Yeri! Saengil chuka hamnida!” As they sing the last lyrics,Yeri is giggling again as she claps her two hands then the family claps too as the song ended.

 

“Now you go blow the cake!, make a wish first” Irene said holding the cake, then Bogum move beside her while Yeri on his arms, so Yeri could bend down and blow the cake, the little girl closes her eyes and then she blows, Seulgi captured and recorded it by her camera.

 

“Yey!” Her siblings cheered.

 

“Ahmm” Yeri face her appa as she wanted to be put down.

 

“Okay, Ill let you stand here in the chair, is there you wanna say Yeri-ah?” Bogum smiled.

 

“Kamsahamnida!” Yeri bowed 90 degrees while she was standing up in the chair as Bogum hold her so the child wont stumble from her standing.

 

“Awe Your Welcome Yeri-ah!” Seulgi said behind the camera.

 

“Oh you better be, its hard to put that triangle flags behind you Yeri-ah” Joy teasingly said, Yeri giggled as she understand her big sister.

 

“You made her cry though” Wendy laughed.

 

“I didnt meant to!” Joy defended.The whole family are laughing about it.

 

“Hey! Where did you learn that?” Irene giggled when Yeri tossed her finger to the cake and put an icing to her mother’s cheek.

 

“Seulgi unnie! On her borrthday” Yeri giggled and trying to speak straight as she wanted to get over with her baby talk, remembering her big sister’s last birthday.

 

“But its another way around sweetie, we should be the one who’ll put an icing first, because its you birthday” Bogum laughed as he eventually put an icing to Yeri’s nose and the baby giggled.Yeri get her revenge she also put some icing on her appa’s cheek.

 

“Mmm its sweet” Bogum chuckled as he get a portion of an icing from his cheek and taste it.This earned a laughed from everyone.

 

“The big sisters could also put some icing on their baby sister!” Seulgi comes closer to the table and put some icing on Yeri’s face, Yeri giggled.

 

“Oh yeah because she is not a baby anymore, she’s a toddler already” Wendy laughed as she placed an icing on Yeri’s nose, Yeri giggled again.

 

“Even I admit before Iam jealous that Iam not the youngest anymore and I hated you for getting mama another attention, Iam sorry Yeri-ah, you are the best baby sister I ever had, and I thanked God for that” Joy whole heartedly said and hugged her younger sister, Irene looked touch and smile to Joy from her confession.

 

“That is so sweet of you Joy” Irene smiled and hugged Joy.Then Wendy and Seulgi joined the hug as well as Bogum and Yeri.

 

“Group hug!” Bogum yelled as they feel each other’s warmth.

 

“I wish I could receive that kind of message on my birthday soon Joy” Seulgi giggled.

 

“Of course unnie! But first you need to have an icing on your face! Ha!” Joy laughed as she put an icing on Seulgi.

 

“Yah! Then you should have also!” Seulgi laughed as she place an icing on Joy’s nose, now the two started running.

 

“Oh boy I should start hiding” Wendy said suppose to go to the kitchen but then Seulgi grabbed her.

 

“Wendy unnie!” Joy chasing the two out to the garden eventually Joy successfully place an icing to Wendy’s whole face.

 

“Yah! This is not fair! You guys just got some icing only some parts of your face but I got the whole face?! Ayst jinja” Wendy is laughing and the family are laughing too hard.

 

“Dont worry Yeri almost got the whole face” Joy said as she went inside and place an icing to Yeri’s forehead the toddler giggled again.

 

“Alright thats enough kids, you need to take a bath first” Irene said as she hold Joy and Wendy leading them to the bathroom.

 

“I think you too mommy” Joy said as she put some icing on her mother’s face and Wendy follows, this earned another laughed from the kids, Irene was startled.

 

“Oh yeah, I think appa also” Irene turned to her back then put some icing on Bogum’s face, Irene let out her signature laugh.

 

“Okay, now you’re trying me huh” Bogum chuckled as he got more icing on his hand ready to attack the girls, Yeri went down from her chair and followed her appa, the toddler keep on giggling to the sight of her family playing.

 

“I think we should run” Irene laughed holding tightly Joy and Wendy into her hands, Seulgi followed as they crouched down behind the sofa giggling.

 

“Appa! Stop! I have too many icing on my face!” Wendy laughed as she covered her face.

 

“Oh no I just want your eomma” Bogum laughed as he and Yeri ready to attack Irene with an icing from their hands.

 

“You girls love mama dont give me to him” Irene played along while laughing.

 

“Nah, you can have her” Joy teasingly said as she laugh so hard.

 

“Yeah, she have the least icing on her face you should put some” Wendy said to her appa giggling.

 

“Yah! Hajima!” Irene squeals when she felt a paired of arms on her waist dragging her out behind the couch, protecting her face by her palms from the icing that Bogum and Yeri trying to put on her face, the father and the daughter successfully planted the icing on Irene’s face as they couldn’t stop laughing.Its been a while they laughed and play like this so hard.

 

“Alright Alright stop now, you guys won” Irene said giggling as she surrendered.

 

“You traitors, and for that I will buy red bean flavored ice cream later for you to eat” Irene teasingly said to her girls.

 

“Opps I think its bad making her as your enemy” Bogum chuckled.

 

“Eomma! Mianhe” Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy lovingly hugged their mother as they keep on giggling.

 

“Yah! You girls just spreading icing all over my shirt!” Irene laughed.

 

“We still love you eomma!” The three eldest said.

 

“Yeah yeah I heard that I love you too” Irene replied as she hugged back her oldest daughters, with icing all over their face.

 

“Its just we hated red bean eomma, how could you do that to your 4 happiness, pride, and strength?” Joy teasingly said, as far could she remember Irene confesses and always remind her children that they are her happiness, pride and strength.

 

“I hated why I told you about that” Irene giggled.

 

“Fine, Iam just kidding now go to the bathroom before it changes my mind” Irene added and chuckled, surely she cant help herself when her kids gave her all of their puppy eyes.

 

“Okay eomma!” The three head to the bathrooms.

 

“Now we need all to take a bath, gosh this icing is all over, you help me in cleaning Mr.Park” Irene said as she raises her eyebrow to Bogum.

 

“Where? From your face?” Bogum teasingly said.

 

“Ew, no! From the floor of course” Irene scolded and chuckled as she shook her head.

 

“Well if you need my help —“ Bogum laughed again.

 

“Bogum-ah! Yeri is listening!” Irene playfully slap Bogum, Yeri keep on giggling as if she could understand them.

 

“Alright we should take a bath together” Bogum chuckled.Irene made her eyes bigger from what Bogum said.

 

“Yah!” Irene scolded once again.

 

“Okay! Okay Iam just kidding” Bogum laughed raising his both hands.

 

“You should go wash your face first, Ill take Yeri to bath, because of that Yeri keep on giggling” Bogum chuckled referring to Irene looking like a clown because of the icing all over her face,as they turned around and head to the main bathroom.Irene throwed pillow aiming his back, Bogum realise Irene probably kinda angry to him right now because how teaseful he is, at least if he could say those words eventually it will fade away her fuming emotion.

 

“I love you!” Bogum added enough Irene to hear.

 

“I hate you!” Irene teasingly said, and chuckled.Well even Bogum pisses her off sometimes, she do love him wholeheartedly.

 

Hours have past after the kids have their bubble bath, then they took their lunch together and after that the family took some leisure time in the living room,as they wait for their relatives and friends to come for dinner.Irene sitting in the couch watching some afternoon news, Bogum still seating beside Irene but he is busy with Joy teaching her with math problems, While Seulgi and Yeri squatted in the carpet where in the center table having fun in coloring their coloring books, then Wendy was also squatted near her siblings busy in figuring out how to solve the rubrics cube she’s playing.

 

“Yeri-ah? Where you going?” Seulgi asked when Yeri tend to stand up and head to their playroom.

 

“I will just gwet some pwaapers” Yeri run with her chubby cute little legs.

 

“She what?” Joy asked Seulgi as she dont understand sometimes Yeri talking about,  her tongue still adjusting. 

 

“Oh she will get some papers, I think she wanted to draw” Seulgi smiled, Joy nod in reply and get back in answering her math problems.

 

“Did the papers and colored pens place on her table?” Irene asked worriedly as she dont want Yeri to climb up something or somewhere just to reach it at least if its place on Yeri’s table its just on her reach.

 

“Ne eomma, dont worry” Seulgi smiled.Irene replied in relief.

 

“Appa?” Wendy faced her appa and put down her rubrics cube.The little girl just realize something out of the blue.

 

“Isnt it strange I didnt hear Yeri called you Appa, Appa?” Wendy curiously asked, Irene and the rest pause from Wendy’s sudden question.

 

“Really? Out of the blue Wendy?” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“I mean she’s already 3” Wendy added.

 

“Maybe, she just dont use to it, she dont feel having a father for 2 years but now she does” Joy said talking like the older one.

 

“Why you always talked look like that your older” Seulgi giggled, Joy shrugged her shoulders giving her big sister her wide smile.

 

“Well for me, there is only one father that Yeri known from her entire existence and that is appa, maybe she just dont know what to call him first but I think she heard it from us she will follow eventually” Seulgi smiled.

 

“We’ll just give her time” Bogum smiled.Irene and Wendy nod in reply as Yeri cameback with the paper and colored pens on her hand, how could it all fitted on her cute hands? Maybe she got that talent from her mother who can carry a lot of things with just one hand.

 

“What do you wanna draw Yeri-ah?” Seulgi asked her youngest sister beside her.

 

“i roeke (like this)” Yeri pointed the cover page of her coloring book.

 

“Namja? (Man)” Yeri smiled.

 

“Arraso, watch me and follow me okay?” Seulgi smiled as she start drawing the lines as Yeri trying to copy her.

 

Minutes have past, When Yeri successfully draw the man, she gets another piece of paper and draw another person she did several more, Seulgi not really paying attention to Yeri’s drawing because she’s busy with hers too.

 

“Appa, I saw my classmates doing multiplication by their hands, can you teach me how to do it?” Joy politely asked as she trying to position her hands on how it looks like the one she saw on her classmates.Seems like Bogum was spacing out.

 

“Appa?” Joy asked and wave her hands, to get his attention.

 

“Oh right like this” Bogum snap out and taught Joy how to do it by his hands.

 

“Hey, Bogum-ah are you okay? Irene come closer and whispered as she notice Bogum spacing out lately.

 

“Oh Iam fine” Bogum smiled.

 

“Is it about Yeri?” Irene worriedly asked.

 

“Dont worry okay? She’ll learn it eventually, she’s a fast learner you know” Irene smiled.

 

“Iam just worried she might not recognize me as her father” Bogum replied.

 

“Isnt it Suho should be the one saying that?” Irene chuckled.

 

“You know you dont have to worry about that, she’s with you when she cry and laugh, you take care of her when Iam not around, Iam sure she knew you are her father, she demands a lot from you” Irene giggled.

 

“Yeah right, thanks Irey” Bogum smiled calling Irene by her nickname.

 

“Hey, mom only can calls me that” Irene laughed.Bogum chuckled.

 

“Eomma?” Yeri stands up and give Irene the paper she’s holding.

 

“Oh ige boeyeyo? (What is this)” Irene smiled at her daughter.

 

“Eomma” Yeri giggled pointing her drawing.

 

“Awe sweetie its beautiful!” Irene replied and hug her youngest tightly as she stared to Yeri’s drawing, a drawing of her with some hearts surrounded to it.After that Yeri heads to where Bogum is, as she also handed a paper to Bogum.

 

“Oh I have one too?” Bogum amusingly smiled to Yeri.Yeri cheerfully nod in reply.The next thing happen Bogum couldn’t believe what is he hearing right now.

 

“Appa neun! (My father)” Yeri giggled as she pointed the drawing.As she sweetly hugged her appa.

 

“Oh my god! Did I hear it right? Irene startled from what her toddler just said.

 

“Omg! She did she did!” Seulgi excitedly jumping up and down.

 

“Hallelujah!” Wendy and Joy sang in sync.This earned a laugh from the whole family.

 

“Did she just called me Appa?” Bogum couldn’t contain the happiness he felt right now.Seulgi immediately grab her camera this time she’ll record the precious moment.

 

“Appa!” Yeri climb up into his arms and surrounds her cute arms around Bogum’s neck as she sweetly hid her face into his crook.

 

“Awe” Irene,Wendy,Joy and Seulgi gave them their warmth gaze.

 

“I cant she grew up already, it was just yesterday she was a baby” Irene said rubbing Yeri’s back slightly.

 

“Are you crying?” Irene chuckled.

 

“No, Iam just happy” Bogum said holding his tears.

 

“I hope she’ll grew up kind” Seulgi said.

 

“Pretty!” Joy added and giggled.

 

“Well I do hope she’ll not grow up like Joy” Wendy teasingly said.

 

“Yah! Unnie!” Joy yelled.

 

“Kiddin” Wendy laughed.Now Joy started chasing Wendy around the living room.

 

“You better embrace yourself when Yeri grow up already, another child running around like that” Irene whispered to Bogum and let a small laugh.

 

“Iam born to be ready” Bogum replied with a smirk.They all laugh hard on how funny Bogum said it.Bogum handed Yeri to Irene as he would stop again the two.

 

“Alright! Stop it you two” Bogum chasing the squirrel and the chick as he successfully hold them in his both hands.

 

“Appa! Not again” Wendy and Joy whined as they where on Bogum’s arms again.

 

“Ill put down both of you if you stop hurting each other, if not Ill confiscate your phones” Bogum strictly said.

 

“But..Eomma!” Wendy and Seulgi looked at their mom asking to defend them.

 

“Listen to your father” Irene replied while putting Yeri into sleep.

 

“Okay we’ll stop now” the two sisters replied.

 

“Great job” Irene said to Bogum while they are heading upstairs.

 

“Annyeong appa!” Yeri said as she cutely wave her hands to Bogum while her head resting on Irene’s shoulder.

 

“Have a goodafternoon sleep Yeri-ah! Listen to eomma okay?” Bogum smiled, Yeri nod in reply while Irene smiled from behind.