Operation to Like You

Extraordinary Mother

 

Its already afternoon, Irene decided to let Bogum be with them at the beach, well she dont have a choice, Bogum beg Irene if he could go with them and with that he’ll do everything he even offered Irene that he could be a babysitter to her children, personal driver and bodyguard or even personal assistant, Irene love hearing that coming from her bestfriend seems like this will be the time she’ll took her revenge against how teaseful Bogum to her since when they where younger, Irene laughed upon hearing Bogum.

 

“Yah! Joo Hyun nah Iam serious!” Bogum said.

 

“Hahha are you that eager to go to the beach?” Irene said and laughed.

 

“Well Iam cause its been a while the last time I went to the beach” Bogum chuckled.

 

“You’re still a child” Irene laughed again.

 

“Yah! A child who’ve you fell in love with” Bogum smirk and stare at Irene.Irene was mesmerised again by that sparkling eyes of his.

 

“Alright you go change” Irene slightly slaps Bogum shoulder as she head to the kitchen.Irene knew to herself that she also love Bogum the way Bogum love her not that just his besfriend but more than that, but Irene not yet ready to commit again another relationship aside that shes afraid to love again but also she thought what will be her kids reaction to that if thats happen, that their mother love Bogum it could be hard for them especially for Wendy as the kid still hoping that her dad will comeback and be with them, as the child have this feeling that Bogum sees her mother more than friends, so Irene decided to disregard that feeling for a while.

 

“Alright the moment I get back everyone are ready to go okay?” Bogum went to the front door.

 

“Oh! Youll going with us uncle Bogum?!” Joy excitedly run towards Bogum.

 

“Absolutely sweetie” Bogum knelt down and tap Joy’s head.

 

“Yay! This will be fun!” Joy run back to her room.

 

“You go change now Joy!” Irene reminded her daughter.

 

“Alright mommy!” Joy shouted back replied from her room.Then Bogum went out from the house, he will go back to his apartment to get his things.

 

“Uncle Bogum will be with us eomma?” Wendy curiously asked.

 

“Yes honey” Irene smiled while she dressing up Yeri.

 

“But its a family outing mommy” Wendy replied.

 

“Yes, is your uncle Bogum not part of the family?” Irene pause in dressing up Yeri and looked at Wendy curiously.Wendy just looked at the ground.

 

Every single day ever since Bogum went home from Australia, he visited Irene and the kids every weekends or if he is not busy, this is the time that Irene felt annoyed and thankful at the same time well annoyed that the house freaking noisy because the kids giggle so much when they bond to their uncle and thankful that there is someone who can Irene rely on aside from her parents and her sister, household tasks easy to do whenever Bogum is around, but aside from all of that Irene couldn’t stop worrying that she notice Wendy less interact to her uncle while the rest of her sisters play with Bogum, Wendy just be on the corner and play with her cooking play set in her playroom, although Bogum persue her everytime, the little girl refuse to.Irene decided to talk to her child in perfect timing that cant hurt her little girl’s feelings.

 

“Sweetie? Is everything alright? You can talk to mommy” Irene knelt down to level at her daughter as she looked Wendy straight to her eyes, a concerned looked.

 

“Nothing mommy, Iam sorry” Wendy hugged her mother tightly as Irene immediately carried her.

 

“Awe sweetie Why are you saying sorry? Its fine” Irene sweetly caressing her daughter’s hair.

 

“I want you to know that mommy loves you okay? No matter what” Irene said, she decided not to open yet the topic as its too emotional to brought up.

 

“I love you too eomma” Wendy hugged back.

 

“Awe alright now you go with your Seulgi unnie at the car, Ill wait for Joy to come out so we can go okay?” Irene smiled.

 

“Okay eomma” Wendy immediately go straight where her big sister is.

 

“Are you okay Wendy?” Seulgi asked her little sister as Wendy went to the back seat beside Seulgi.Wendy nod in reply.

 

“I know you, come on you really love beach you should be excited lil sis” Seulgi smiled as she tap Wendy’s shoulders.

 

“Is this about uncle Bogum again?” Seulgi added.Wendy just about to pull her earphones but Seulgi spoke up.

 

“I know that you are worried about mom and uncle bogum status now am I right?” Seulgi again try to talk to her sister.Wendy still not responding.

 

“Its okay you dont have to response but Wendy we are not sure if uncle Bogum and mommy are dating, she will surely tell us if they will so you dont have to worry about okay? And besid—“ Seulgi supposed to continue but Wendy cut her off.

 

“Thats the problem unnie mommy didnt tell us!” Wendy halfly shouted making Seulgi startled.

 

“What?!” Seulgi curiously asked.

 

“I heard uncle Bogum if he could” Wendy stopped and look Seulgi at her eyes.

 

“What? What is it?” Seulgi come closer to Wendy to hear her clearly.

 

“That if he could date eomma” Wendy replied.

 

“Are you sure? You havent just misheard?” Seulgi asked calmly although she was shocked on what she heard coming from her little sister but she have to stay calm unless nothing is that official.

 

“Iam not!, Yesterday when we play at our playroom and I went to the living room to look for Joy’s doll under the table as Iam under the table I heard mom and uncle bogum talking” Wendy said.

 

“What did mom answer?” Seulgi curiously asked.

 

“I didnt hear mom’s answer because mom went to the kitchen and then they talked there and then Joy called me already” Wendy replied.

 

“Wanda, you dont know what’s eomma’s answer there is nothing to worry about okay? We have to trust mom, I know that you’re still hoping that mom and dad will be together again and so do I,even every children with their biological parents want that but we need to trust mom okay? Unless its not coming from eomma we need to trust eomma” Seulgi smiled and held her younger sister hands, those words coming from Seulgi made Wendy stop from worrying as she smiled back to her big sister.

 

“Whats the serious talked about?” the toddler jump in inside the car to her car sit.

 

“Nothing, we are just talking about how you loved those polka dots two peice of yours Joyii” Seulgi said and Wendy laugh along with it.

 

“Whats wrong? Its gorgeous! Halmoeni gave it to me last christmas!” Joy holding the color green polka dots two peice and teasingly tossed it to her sister’s faced.

 

“Yah! Gosh I know you loved it but you dont have to slapped that into my face put it back on your bag!” Seulgi scolded at the same time laughed at Joy.

 

“You’re just jealous” Joy stucked her tongue and bubbly giggles.

 

“Yeah yeah whatever” Seulgi said and chuckled, Joy won again.

 

“Whats with the two peice?” Irene suddenly showed up with Yeri as she tacked in Yeri to her baby sit besides Joy.

 

“Joy keep on bragging about how gorgeous her two peice eomma” Wendy said and giggled.

 

“Haha oh the one youre grand mother gave?” Irene chuckled.

 

“Ne eomma!” Joy cheerfully replied.

 

“Hahah youre grandma had great taste when it comes to two piece” Irene said as she went to the front seat.

 

“I bet next time Halmoeni will give us matching pajamas animal print next christmas” Wendy laughed as well as the whole family.

 

“Did I miss something?” Bogum suddenly showed up to the driver’s seat.

 

“Thanked God youre here already Samchon we need to go!” Joy excitedly clapped her hands.

 

“Daegu here we come!” Seulgi cheered.

 

“Wait you’ll drive?” Irene asked and seated at the front seat.

 

“Of course who else be?” Bogum chuckled.

 

“I thought youll bring youre own car?” Irene asked.

 

“No, my car out of gas and besides aint fun if I dont go with you guys, road trip also fun” Bogum exclaimed.

 

“Alright, we can take turns in driving just tell me when your tired” Irene offered, Bogum nod in reply.

 

2 hours later with full of conversation, laughter, bickering and on how amaze the kids are along the road as they admire beautiful sceneries on their way to their destination.Finally they have arrived in the beautiful country side of South Korea which also reigned as one of the top 3 big cities in South Korea and their mother’s hometown, Daegu.

 

“How many are they sir?” 

 

“Ahm two adults, and four kids” Bogum said while he is currently holding the sleeping Yeri on his arms and a backpack on his back as their other things where put in one of those hotel bag trollies which mostly hotel staffs pushes going to your hotel room as the receptionist of the resort asked.

 

“Oh here is your ticket sir, this is the pass card of the room that you booked” the receptionist smiled and said.

 

“Oh thank you” Bogum replied with a genuine smile.The receptionist smiled back.And then the family proceed first to their hotel room.

 

“Wow mommy is this how big hotels in korea is?” Joy said forming letter o shape of her lips while she holds her mothers hand.

 

“Like in korean dramas!” Wendy replied as she was holding her mother’s other hand just following their mother and samchon where they head to.

 

“Those big chandeliers Looks like they will fall anytime” Seulgi looked up and added the moment when they are in the elevator, as she was holding’s Yeri favorite stufftoy as Yeri was still sleeping on their uncle’s arm.Irene and Bogum smiled on how the kids admired the place they should go to Daegu more often.Once they arrived at their room Seulgi, Wendy and Joy ran away towards the different bedrooms.

 

“I want to sleep in here! So comfy!” Wendy said as she cheerfully jumping up and down in the king size bed.

 

“I wanna sleep here also!” Joy climb up and joined her big sister jumping up and down the bed.

 

“Ahm there are just only two bedrooms?” Seulgi said as she scratched her head.

 

“Oh about that I decided that Yeri and Seulgi will sleep with me to the other bedroom while Wendy and Joy will be at uncle Bogum’s bedroom” Irene smiled to her kids.

 

“Okay mommy!” Joy happily said.

 

“What?” Wendy replied.

 

“But mom I dont want to sleep in wide windows” Wendy whined.

 

“Who said you will sleep in wide windows? Youll sleep of course to the room that you wanted Wendy” Irene said while placing their luggages their respective bedrooms.

 

“Alright mommy” Wendy said with little frown on her face.Well that is not what she meant she just dont wanna be with her uncle Bogum.

 

“Psst Seulgi unnie” 

 

“What is that Joy?” Seulgi replied while she was busy fixing her things.

 

“We need to help mommy” Joy said this time closer to her big sister.

 

“In what?” Seulgi curiously asked.

 

“In making Wendy unnie like uncle Bogum, that Wendy unnie will stop her hate to uncle Bogum” Joy replied.

 

“Oh yeah about that, Wendy dont like the thought of that, eomma already worried to Wendy why she is like that whenever uncle Bogum is arround” Seulgi replied.

 

“Is that because Wendy unnie is afraid that uncle Bogum will take away mommy from us, well uncle Bogum wont do that I trust him” Joy seriously replied.

 

“How come I talked to a 5 year old kid?” Seulgi replied as she realised at the young age Joy is she manage to understand things like that.Joy chuckled.

 

“Just follow my lead okay?” Joy said.Seulgi nod in reply.

 

 

“Mommy! My tummy hurts” Joy whined as she approach her mother.

 

“What? What did you last ate?” Irene asked worriedly and carried Joy into her arms.Surely the kid is great in acting.

 

“I dont know eomma” Joy whined.

 

“Maybe the burger she ate a while ago mom that causes her indigestion” Seulgi decided to play along.

 

“Oh boy this is a problem out of all the medicines Ive brought I forget the medicine for indigestion” Irene said as she focuses her eyes to the medicine kit she brought.

 

“Oh I can go buy one Irene” Bogum offered.

 

“Oh I cant leave Yeri here, ahm Seulgi can you go with your uncle Bogum?” Irene asked.

 

“Ahmm I need to watched Yeri for you eomma while youre taking care of Joy hehe” Seulgi nervously replied, she’s definitely bad at lying but she pulled that off this time.

 

“Oh right, Wendy can you?” Irene said as she face her daughter coloring her coloring book at the center table.

 

“Huh? Suddenly?” Wendy startled from her mother’s favor, though she didnt hate going on pharmacies inside a convenience store this things love Wendy to do but to the person whom she will be,  she dont know what to feel.

 

“Okay, for Joy, this will be awkward” Wendy murmured as she jump out from the sofa she was sitting.

 

“Mwo?” Irene asked if she just misheard it.

 

“For Joy, I will eomma” Wendy smiled.

 

“Thank you, you’ll have youre orange flavor popsicle icecream later when you got home” Irene smiled and kissed Wendy’s forehead.

 

“Really mom?” Wendy replied in amused.Irene nod in reply.

 

“Yeah, dont tell your sisters about it” Irene chuckled.

 

“Oh I can smell favouritism here” Bogum teasingly said this earned a slight arm slap by Irene.

 

“Hey Iam not, its her reward for agreeing to go with you, you know its hard for her to you know hang around with you” Irene whispered and giggled.

 

“Yeah right” Bogum scratched his neck.

 

“Now you guys go before Joy will have tantrums” Irene said leading them to the front door.

 

“Take care of Wendy for me Bogum be sure to go home before dinner! Irene reminded.

 

“Okay!” Wendy and Bogum replied in sync.