Sick

Extraordinary Mother

 

 

Irene hates cold season not that she hate the thought of snowing itself but she hated what it brings to her kids, The kids often got cold and cough when one will, the other one follows.

 

“Mommy my nose hurts (sniffs)” Joy whined to her mother the 5 year old reach out her arms as she wanted to carry by her mother. 

 

“Mom my throat hurts” Seulgi said to her mother, the 7year old was laying in the sofa.

 

“Mommy (sneeze) same as mine (sneeze) its itchy” as Wendy rub her nose.

 

“Oh no its starting, seems like Yeri the only one didnt catch a cold, wear this sweetie” As she put a mask to Yeri to prevent from catching a cold from her sisters.

 

“Lets go to the pharmacy” Irene immediately drive going to the nearest pharmacy.

 

“Ahhm Do you have any antihistamine and lozenges for sore throat?” Irene ask to the pharmacist in the counter.

 

“Mommy it hurts huhuhu” Now Joy is crying while her mom carrying her, the little girl suffered from rhinitis again.

 

“Hang on mommy will buy your medicine okay shussh youll be fine” As Irene tap the back of Joy while rocking her to stop her from crying.

 

“Oh Irene!” the pharmacist called Irene, both of them were startled.

 

“Oh Jennie! I didnt know you assigned here my ghad its been forever!” Irene chat with the pharmacist apparently her childhood friend.

 

“Yes its nice to see you!, what happen to your girls Irene?” Jennie ask worriedly.

 

“Well due to the cold weather my girls catch cold except my youngest” Irene said.

 

“Oh mommy she’s Rosé’s mother! Hello Mrs. Kim!” Wendy greet Jennie cheerfully 

 

“Your bestfriend at school Wendy?Rosé?”

 

“Yes mommy (sneeze) sorry” Wendy apologize as she sneezes.

 

“Oh she’s the Wendy always my daughter Rosé talks about I didnt know shes your daughter Irene small world haha” Jennie said.

 

“Well I didnt know also, but now I know haha” Irene said.

 

“Lets have a family friend dinner next time when the girls already fine” Jennie smiled to her longtime friend.

 

“Yes of course” Irene said excitedly

 

“Okay thank you! I already wrote the directions in taking the medicines Irene” Jennie said as a pharmacist.

 

“Thank you now we’ll go ahead still need to take care my girls send me hugs and kisses to your daughters Jennie!” Irene said

 

“Of course I will,  Jisoo, Rosé and Lisa would love that Ill see ya around!” As Jennie wave her hands for goodbye.As Irene and her daughters drive home , its time to take the medicines.

 

Among Irene’s daughter Joy really hates to got sick, she dont have an appetite to eat the 5 year old cried to her mother that she dont want to eat.This is the greatest challenge of Irene among her daughters.

 

“Seulgi take this” Irene said to her eldest daughter and Seulgi took it 

 

“Wendy-ah lets spray some medicine into your nose” Irene said as Wendy approach her mother.

 

“Joyii come here lets treat your nose” Irene lovingly approach her daughter.

 

After that its time for dinner, Irene put Yeri in her baby chair and called Wendy, Seulgi, Joy to come downstairs to have dinner.

 

“Wendy-ah, Seulgi-ah, Joy-ah dinner’s ready” 

 

“Mommy! Joyii crying so hard as Seulgi Unnie keep on pulling her to go downstairs” Wendy run downstairs informing her mother.

 

Irene rush upstairs to go see her daughters.

 

“Joy-ah come on you need to eat to feel better” Seulgi comforting her younger sister.

 

“No! I dont want to eat unnie! The food taste bitter!” Joy complained to her sister.

 

“Seulgi its okay, Ill handle it. You go downstairs with your sisters” As Irene smiled to her eldest daughter.

 

The moment Joy saw her mother she immediately covered herself with her blanket.

 

“Joyii its mommy” 

 

“Mommy I dont wanna eat” Joy still crying behind her blanket.

 

“Please face mommy joyii” Irene said as Joy immediately took away the blanket from her.

 

“You said to me that youll be braver now and our joy dont break promises right?” Irene remind her daughter and comforting her daughter. As Joy stop crying and nod to her mother.

 

“Now come on if you eat, Ill buy your favorite kiwi flavored icecream” 

 

“Really mommy? All by myself?” Joy said amusingly.

 

“Of course, your sisters hate kiwi” Irene smiled at her daughter.As she carried Joy downstairs going to her chair in the dining room.

 

“Cwybaby” Yeri giggles, Wendy and Seulgi laugh at Yeris statement.

 

“Hey where did you learn that word?! And Iam not!” Joy ask her younger sister. Yeri pointed Seulgi and Wendy.

 

“Theres no way its coming from me” Seulgi defensed holding her laugh.

 

“Me neither” Wendy raises her hands indicating that she didnt do it while holding her laugh.

 

“Unnie!” Joy said

 

“Fine fine haha but seriously Joy-ah lets eat, here your favorite milk” As Seulgi put some milk on her glass.

 

“Oh also I put more sugar on your porridge to taste sweet joyii” Wendy handed the porridge to Joy.

 

Irene was smiling behind those conversations of her daughters shes so lucky to have them, that Joy and Yeri have big sisters who really are caring to their young ones.

 

“Okay lets go to bed its getting late” As Irene carried Yeri with the other hand holding Joy going upstairs the eldest daughters followed.

 

Irene thought to herself that its not that hard today’s season because only Seulgi, Wendy and Joy got sick today, but few moments later when the outside suddenly got colder, Irene heard her masters bedroom door’s open.

 

“Mommy?”

 

“Oh what is that Joyii?”

 

“I cant sleep Yeri keep on crying I think shes not okay” Joy said while rubbing her eyes.

 

“What?” Irene rush to the youngest bedroom and hears the loud cry of Yeri. As she touches Yeri she already know the answer.

 

“Omo Yeri-ah youve got fever! Lets go to the nearest hospital” Irene immediately carried her baby as Yeri keep on crying on what she felt right now.

 

Irene almost forgot that she is the only adult in the house which she cannot leave her other daughters at home at middle of the night. She dont have choice she need them to go with her.

 

“Joy-ah! Go to your Unnies room and wake them up we’ll go to the nearest hospital” Irene worriedly looked her daughter in a hurry tone.

 

“Okay mommy!” Joy run to her Unnies bedroom.

 

“Unnie wake up wake up!!” As Joy keep on pulling Seulgi’s feet out of the bed.

 

“Mmm waeyo?” Seulgi whined

 

“Yeri not feeling better! High fever! Pali!!” 

 

“What? Come on!” Seulgi immediately stand up to wake up Wendy

 

“Wendy-ah! Wake up wake up! We need to go to the hospital!” Seulgi panics

 

“What? What happen Unnie?” As Wendy still rubbing her eyes.

 

“Yeri got sick!” Seulgi said

 

As the three went downstairs they saw their mother holding the crying Yeri in her one hand while she’s fixing hurriedly the baby bag.

 

“Seulgi-ah! Please bring the rest of your sisters in the car, We’ll follow” Irene said to her eldest.

 

“Okay mom!, come on” As she hold Wendy and Joy by her two hands going to the main door as she get their winter clothes and hand it to her younger sisters to wear them to protect themselves from cold weather outside.

 

While they are inside the car going to the nearest hospital Irene call her mother.

 

“Mom? Can you come to Jungil Hospital? Yeri’s not feeling better” Irene said while her voice is shaking as a mother shes afraid what might happen to her daughter.

 

“Okay mom thank you” As Irene ended the call.

 

“Eomma!! Huhuhuhuhu” Yeri is still crying in her baby sit beside Seulgi.

 

“Hang on sweetie where almost there” Irene said

 

“Youll be fine Yeri-ah” As Seulgi holds Yeri’s hand comforting her youngest sister.

 

.........................................

 

“Dont worry, your daughter will be fine Ms.Bae she just caught a fever because of the cold weather, most kids admitted today at the hospital, their sickness commonly cause by the weather today.Ill prescribe an antibacterial medicine for her  and acetaminophen to calm down her fever.” the doctor said to Irene.

 

“Thank God, Thank you doc” Irene said in relief.

 

“We’ll just monitor the baby today and when shes fine you can go out tomorrow afternoon” the doctor follow up.

 

“Okay doc, thank you very much” Irene said as the doctor replied with a smile and go out from the room.

 

“Mommy? Yeri will be fine?” Joy said worriedly as she not that understand what the doctor said.

 

“Of course honey, shes brave like you” Irene said to Joy , and the 5year old smiled to her mother.

 

“Mom? I ask some coffee and hot choco from the nurse station they gave me, they said their giving it for free” Seulgi said to her mother happily.

 

“Ohh thats good, thank you Seulgi-ah” Irene manage to smile to her eldest as you can really see the exhausted eyes of Irene.

 

“Mommy Ill sing a lullaby to Yeri so she will have a good sleep and feel better” Wendy approach her mother and Yeri in the hospital bed. 

 

“Of course honey” Irene said.

 

As the room filled with Wendy’s sweet voice, her sisters fell asleep.

 

“Okay come here my little munchkin, Lets go to bed” As Irene carried Wendy and tuck her in the sofa with the rest of her sleeping daughters.

 

“Goodnyt mommy” As Wendy said to her mother while rubbing her eyes as the little girl feel sleepy.

 

“Goodnyt too Wendy-ah” As Irene kissed Wendy’s forehead and went back beside Yeri, laying in the hospital bed.Irene about to sleep but someone is calling.

 

“Yeobosaeyo? Ne Eomma?” Irene’s mother called.

 

“The doctor said she’s fine dont worry mom”

 

“Its okay it not also good to be in the road at this hour, youll see them tomorrow morning mom, rest well dont worry that much”

 

“Goodnyt mom love you!” Irene said in sleepy tone.As she ended the call and look at Yeri and gave Yeri a goodnyt kiss on her forehead.

 

“Sleep well my little angel” Irene smiled and suddenly fell asleep.

 

This is one of the exhausting day for Irene, her four daughters got sick.She managed them all by herself and shes proud of it.Shes also very grateful that she have brave and strong daughters that help her out to fight on this kind of situation.