Chapter 2 : Ong Seongwu

Alive

Actually, Ong Seongwu has never dreamt to be a model. He just wanted to be a government office worker that has stable income and pension for his old days. But fate brought him to a very different route in his life. One day, when he was still in high school, a person from talent agency approach him on the street and cast him to be a fashion model for teen magazine.

 

At first, he only wanted to try it for fun. A new experience wouldn’t hurt. That was what he thought at that time. Never in his strangest dream that his pictures would be so popular among teenagers when the magazine first came out. The magazine sold out in just a week and the demand of the magazine to reprint was no joke. The most unbelievable thing for him was, his fans are not only women, a lot of men also love his face and body proportion.

 

Talking about Ong Seongwu’s life, it’s not complete before we talk about his friends. A cool person like him of course has a lot of cool friends too.

 

Yoon Jisung, 31 years old, his manager and his most beloved older brother that he has ever had. Jisung is very kind and has a lot of patience. One of the most fortunate day in Seongwu’s life is the day when he met Jisung and works with him. Knowing how clumsy Seongwu could be, Jisung is a llife saver for him.

 

Hwang Minhyun, 27 years old, his high school best friend. Minhyun is working as a Korean Literature Professor in Tokyo National University, Japan. Minhyun was with Seongwu when that person from talent agency offered them to be fashion model. But Minhyun refused the offer, so only Seongwu went to the agency.

 

Kang Daniel, a year younger than him, is a person that he always love and care like his own brother since they were little kids. Daniel is an only child. So it was just natural for him to be close to Seongwu and Seongwu’s sister since his family moved to Seoul and became neighbour with Seongwu’s family.

 

Other than those people mentioned above, he is also close with his labelmate model Lai Kuanlin and his manager Kim Yongguk, his other model friend Kwon Hyunbin and his manager Takada Kenta, also the social butterfly in fashion world Ha Sungwoon.

 

Sungwoon and Seongwu have this special chemistry that is hard to be explained. They are so different yet similar in some ways. They could understand each other even without one of them explaining what is in their minds. Seongwu relies on Sungwoon a lot, especially since they are working in the same industry.

 

Seongwu also dots on Kuanlin a lot. He is a baby for him. Despite their large age differences, Kuanlin matches well with Seongwu in their character and personality. Kuanlin is much more mature than other people his age. That’s why, sometimes Seongwu also comes to talk to Kuanlin when he has a lot in mind.

 

About Hyunbin, he was actually very insecure when he first joined the modelling world. Seongwu talked to him first when he saw Hyunbin feeling nervous in his debut walk. He reassured him that everything would be okay and he would not mess up the show. He looked a little better after Seongwu consoled him. And of course, Hyunbin made a big impact on the show as he showcase his confident walk.

 

Those are Seongwu’s little circle of close friends that he cherishes so much.