Chapter 4 : Friends

Alive

When Seongwu finished showering, he went to the living room and was quite surprised to see Daniel eating with Kuanlin. Daniel said hi to Seongwu with his mouth full of chicken.

I guess you’ve met your deadline,” Seongwu said while rubbing his wet hair with towel. He sat down beside Kuanlin on the floor.

No, actually there is a little problem with the printing department. I need to check on them again tonight.”

Then, why are you here? My apartment is far from your office.”

Daniel gulped his water and wiped his mouth sloppily. “It’s lonely at the office. Thought I could come here and annoyed you a little.”

Seongwu wanted to smack Daniel’s head, but Daniel dodged it perfectly.

 

Daniel hyung paid the meal for us,” Kuanlin informed Seongwu happily.

Thanks, Nielie.”

Daniel only smiled and nodded his head a little.

This month’s cover is Hyunbin hyung, right?”

Yes, that’s right.”

Problem occurred because it’s Hyunbin,” Seongwu and Kuanlin laughed.

 

Seongwu was finally getting his hands on the jokbal and eating it deliciously.

Anyway, Daniel… Minhyun is in Korea right now.”

Oh, he came back to Korea?”

I don’t know whether he is coming back to live here or he just has a short vacation. Do you want to join us tomorrow?”

So unlucky. I have already had an appointment with other people tomorrow,” Daniel sighed, “Please give him my greetings. I miss him so much. It’s been a year since the last time he visited Korea and that was only a three days vacation. Man… Minhyun hyung sure is a busy person.”

I’ll ask him whether he could join us for lunch on Monday.”

That would be wonderful. Ask Sungwoon hyung to join us too. He will be so happy to see him.”

Ah! That’s right. Kuanlin and I have schedule with AllureHome on Monday. The five of us could have lunch together!” Seongwu spurted his food a little when he spoke. Kuanlin and Daniel looked at him with disgusted faces and Seongwu pouted.

 

Kuanlin and Daniel cleaned up the table on the living room after their meal. Seongwu went outside to throw the trashes. Kuanlin asked Daniel to help him with the camera to finish up his video since Daniel is also well known for his camera work.

 

It’s 8:25 PM now. Daniel excused himself and went back to his office. The deadline for printing is Monday. He couldn't afford to slack off even if he wanted to, sometimes. Besides, his title as a Chief didn’t come easy. He couldn't betray his title.

 

09:00 PM

 

Hyung...”

Yes?”

Didn’t Jisung hyung said that he will be here? Where is he?” Kuanlin asked with worried expression pasted on his face.

Ah, that’s right. I forgot about him. He said he was on the way three hours ago. I’ll call him.”

Yes, please.”

Seongwu called Jisung, but he is not picking up.

It’s ringing, but he doesn’t pick up his phone. Maybe he is somewhere with someone. Let me call him again after five or ten minutes.”

Kuanlin frowned.

 

A minute later, Seongwu’s phone made a ding sound. A long text from Jisung has come.

 

It’s Saturday and there was traffic jam at that time when I want to go to your place. Red light, I looked at my right side and I saw my friend, Sanggyun. I’ve been with him. Sorry can’t go to your place and make you worried. See you monday.

 

Seongwu read the message to Kuanlin and Kuanlin sighed in relieve. He loves Jisung like his own brother too. Being ten years apart in age, Jisung babied Kuanlin a lot and takes good care of him. He already thought about something bad that might happened to Jisung when he was not picking up his phone. Kuanlin made a mental note that he will nag Jisung when he meet him on Monday.