Subtle Jealousy not so Subtle

INSTALLMENT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Dabin sat keeping her hands neatly folded on top of her notebook and wondered if her junior pest had come to college today. She hadn't seen her the day before and she didn't receive a single text from her.
She breathed out deciding that yesterday had been a pleasant day not having to deal with that burdensome pest of a girl.

 

 

She blinked a couple of times and shook the useless thoughts out of her mind and tried to focus on the professor.

But her mind always had the tendency of going back to thinking about someone she didn't want to think about.

I hope her ankle is completely fine now. I mean it would be bad if she misses giving her presentation because of her ankle. She thought as she subconsciously bit on the end of her pen.

 

Wait, what am I thinking? Of course, I don't care. In fact, it will be wonderful if she doesn't show up for a couple more days. She is such a pain in the neck anyway.


Lee Dabin once again decided that the only time Nancy was ever sweet and adorable was when she was asleep.
She couldn't deny the fact that Nancy looked cute sleeping with her lips slightly parted. And her soft snores made her all the more adorable.

 

Yeonwoo took in a contented sigh and closed her eyes and tried to recall Nancy's sleeping face for a while.
Her junior arguably possessed the most perfect nose Lee Dabin had ever witnessed in real life. And her lips so perfectly sculpted that she almost wanted to trace her thumb over them before leaning in to-

" No! I don't want to kiss her" Yeonwoo suddenly said out loud, her eyes becoming wide when she realised she had said it aloud.

 


She fearfully turned her head to the side and came face to face with her friend Hyebin who was now looking her way with a smile so dirty, Lee Dabin swore she had never seen her friend wear before.

 

"Its-its not what you think H-Hyebin"

 

Did Hyebin buy it? No.

 

 


***

Later...

 

 

Yeonwoo found herself parking near the restaurant on her way back home.

 

 


Daisy came out a little later and waved at her.
"unnie? Nancy isnt here yet. Do you want me to get you anything?"

 


"Why would you think I am here for her? I-I came to talk to my uncle"

 


Oh really? Daisy wanted to comment but she couldn't since she respected her Yeonwoo unnie. Therefore, Daisy settled with a simple.
"Oh"


Daisy knew an excuse when she heard one. "Anyway, Can I get-"

 


"I want iced coffee"

 

Daisy nodded and turned around.

 


"Wait, Daisy" Yeonwoo called before Daisy could leave. "Did Nancy come yesterday?"

 


"No, she said something about spraining her foot. But she will be here today. she texted me a while ago and ordered food. She said she's bringing someone over. "

 


"S-She texted you?" Yeonwoo asked. And yes, she felt ignored and avoided for a moment. "Wait...Someone W-Who?" she added, feeling a little jealous all of a sudden. "Wait, it dosen't matter. Daisy, I'd want black coffee. Straight black coffee"

 


Yeonwoo's small but pronounced display of jealousy did not go unnoticed by Daisy.

 

 

 

 


Ten minutes later, Yeonwoo noticed the place getting busier with customers. so it was really true what her uncle had told her- that the evening shift had been swarming with people ever since Nancy had joined.

 

 

Just when Yeonwoo took the first sip of her black coffee, Nancy made her entrance followed by Jooe. She seemed fully recovered. Nancy waved and smiled at the customers as she made her way further inside. And at that very moment, Lee Dabin briefly wondered if Nancy was only exclusively showing her annoying side to her because Nancy seemed so friendly and kind as she high fived a little boy.


Nope, Dabin concluded as she remembered how Nancy treated the blond guy from before. She is selectively bitter and annoying to some people. 

 


And yes, Dabin wouldn't admit it but she was relieved Nancy brought Jooe with her and not some random guy, or worse, Sung Min.

 

 

Nancy looked her way a moment later. Yeonwoo saw it when Jooe gave Nancy a playful jab on her side after which Nancy's cheeks took a light shade of pink. Yeonwoo had to look away and pretend to focus on her bitter coffee.

 


Yes, Jooe had come up with a strategy to test if Lee Dabin really liked Nancy back. Jooe had prohibited Nancy to go see the senior or send the older girl any texts saying if Lee Dabin really liked Nancy back, she'd defenitely be bothered by the lack of msgs from Nancy and that she'd eventually call or text her. And here, something even better had happened. Lee Dabin was here, flesh and blood.

 


A victorious gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter