| Awake

Solstice | Vminkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

World n°1

A month ago

Jungkook woke up, eyes flicking to the side, expecting Jimin to be laying right there next to him. But the latter wasn't there, and Jungkook was one blink away of utter panic. 

“Jimin!” Jungkook called, but no reply has been heard. Jungkook went out of the chamber, and he was met by the guard. 

“Did Jimin tell you where he went?” Jungkook asked, hope igniting fire in his eyes, but the guard's look was weird, for he squinted his eyes at him like he was saying some useless nonesense. 

“Royal Advisor, Park Jimin, didn't leave the room, sir. I was standing here all night.”  The guard confirmed, in a tone of finality, like what he said must have been very obvious. 

But Jimin wasn't in the room, where could he have gone if he didn't leave at all. Did he simply vanish? It made absolutely no sense. 

“But Jimin is not in the room. He must've left without you seeing him. Useless guard. What are you even here for?” Jungkook sneered, anger swirling at the pit of his stomach, face contorting in what was close to rage but overpowered by disbelief and worry. 

Taehyung heard the yelling, and he headed towards the source of the noise. He didn't expect to see Jungkook in Jimin's door, screaming at a guard for not knowing the whereabouts of Jimin. When did that servant get so entitled? 

“What's going on there, huh?” Taehyung asked, his voice immediately drawing Jungkook’s eyes to him, and the guard bowed in deep respect. Jungkook was confused as what to tell Taehyung. He for first, hated him, and second, he may have crossed the limits by sleeping in Jimin's chamber, so how could he voice out his worry about Jimin. 

“He was scolding me for not knowing where Mr. Park is. I don't know your highness, I haven't seen him leaving.” The guard spoke, and Taehyung raised an eyebrow at that. Well, what was that supposed to mean? 

“Why are you asking where Jimin is, Jungkook?” Taehyung asked, eyeing Jungkook with no emotion in his face. Jungkook's face was turning darker and darker by every word that left Taehyung's lips. How was he supposed to explain? 

“Because Jimin was in his room, and how he isn't. I'm worried about him. This is very alarming, please help me find him.” Jungkook decided to say, and helplessness flickered in the depth of his eyes. Taehyung didn't need to hear it to know Jungkook was sleeping in Jimin's chamber. He felt treason slip in his mind, swirling and falling in the depth of his soul, bitter, unforgiving, ruthless. 

“And how do you know where he was, Jungkook?” Taehyung asked, and Jungkook could see it in his eyes, the way he doubted him, the way he doubted Jimin and the way he felt betrayed. His emotionless fascade just dropped at some point of time and his weakness could be observed as bright as the sunlight. 

“I.. I di-did know, he-” Jungkook stuttered, for he didn't know what to say. Should he really say he slept with Jimin in his room because the latter was angry at Taehyung after their fight? Jimin wasn't there to protect him anymore and he was dead scared of Taehyung. He had all the power and something inside him told him that Taehyung already knew what he feared to say. 

“You were with him all night, that's why, right?” Taehyung interrupted him, jaw clenching in anger. And Jungkook's eyes widened, like a dear caught in the headlights. 

“Nuh-no, your highness, I-” Jungkook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter