Nanwoo Mini Stories 1: Casino

Reply 1430
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're almost out of money." Nancy said one day.

 

"Hmm." Yeonwoo replied.

 

They were in Daegu, one of the larger cities in the south, and they hadn't any money. Well, technically you could still get a roof over your head with that amount of money, but they would not eat delicious food and go shopping with that pittance left.

 

"Hey, no worries." Yeonwoo ruffled Nancy's head fondly. "We can survive."

 

"But you said you'd bring me to Daegu for the food and markets!" Nancy whined. "Don't you have any method of making money?"

 

"Hey." An idea flashed in Yeonwoo's brain. "How much do we have left?"

 

"Only enough for two bowls of rice." Nancy emptied some coins onto her palm. "Why?"

 

"Get up." Yeonwoo instructed. "We're going to the local casino to gamble."

 

"Unnie, if you lose, we won't have food altogether!" Nancy said.

 

"That's the point." Yeonwoo ruffled her dress. "I never lose at gambling."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two stood at the door, watching the people inside shout and roll dice.

 

"Welcome." A person at the door bowed. "Will you go in?"

 

Yeonwoo snorted. "Of course. But what are the contests today?"

 

"Dice, yut and calculus." The man said. Yeonwoo chuckled.

 

"See your unnie in action." Yeonwoo told the younger girl.

 

She sat on a cushion...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sejong sat on a cushion thirteen years ago. "Let's play a game, Dabin."

 

The nine-year-old Princess Dabin nodded. "What shall we play, Father?"

 

"Dice." Sejong frowned. "Personally I do not approve of gambling, but I hear that dice has become a trend."

 

"How do we play?" Dabin asked, lifting the four cubes scattered across the table.

 

"We put the dice into a small wooden barrel, like this." Sejong said. "Then, we shake it, and then open the barrel. The player with the smallest number wins."

 

"Okay." Dabin shook the barrel, and the four cubes rolled about inside. She opened the barrel...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeonwoo opened the barrel.

 

She dared to look inside. Dice could not be calculat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter