Nanwoo Mini Stories 3: Reunion

Reply 1430
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was dawn in Jeonju.

 

The two girls were currently leaving the city, with Daisy in tow.

 

"Do we really have to do it like this?" Daisy whined, hands tied behind her back.

 

"It's necessary..." Nancy muttered, thinking about yesterday's events.

 

"Hmm." Yeonwoo thought about how close she had come to losing at chess. Nightmare. It was fortunate she had surrendered, rendering Daisy the winner, thus making her Yeonwoo's, shall we say, maid.

 

"So, where are we going now?" Nancy asked.

 

"Hanseong." Yeonwoo replied. "The capital."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because, as I have said before, I want to go to the Exams." Yeonwoo explained. Daisy sniffed sarcastically. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Young-sil. Chang, Young-sil." Yeonwoo passed a heap of papers for the guard.

 

This was another of Yeonwoo's preparations. The file was forged (obviously) with her Father's help. With the alias of Chang, she could pass off as a man and enter the Royal Exams.

 

"Hmm." The guard said. "Welcome to Hanseong. First time, eh?"

 

"Yes." Yeonwoo lied, and Daisy smirked.

 

"Who are these two?" The guard pointed at Nancy and Daisy. 

 

"She is my maid," Yeonwoo pointed deliberately at Daisy, then Nancy, "and she is my wife." 

 

"Wife, eh?" The guard looked at Nancy. "You're lucky, sir, to have such a beautiful wife."

 

"Thank you." Nancy automatically replied, then flushed a bright shade of pink. Even Yeonwoo looked embarrassed, though only Daisy knew why.

 

"Come on in." Yeonwoo hurried the two girls inside.

 

"Wow! So this is the Capital!" Nancy's eyes shone. "I've only been to seashore cities before..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of a sudden...

 

"All hail the Emperor!!!" A voice shouted, and the civilians in the city knelt before a man clad in red, on a magnificent steed. The Emperor.

 

Nancy automatically knelt down, and so did Daisy. Now only two people stood, face to face.

 

Sejong did not look surprised, indeed, he looked like he was expecting his daughter to appear in a man's clothing.

 

The two stood, face to face.

 

Then the civilians dared to look upwards, to see what happened. They immediately received death glares from the royal guard.

 

"I have insulted Your Majesty by not bowing." Yeonwoo mouthed. "You will take me to the palace for punishment."

 

"Indeed." Sejong mouthed. "What a convenient way to enter the palace."

 

"These two are with me." Yeonwoo mouthed. "They enter with me."

 

Sejong whispered something to the royal guard, and the captain spoke out loud. "These three are arrested for not bowing to the Emperor (impoliteness, tre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter