1430 Overture

Reply 1430
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was so unbelievable.

 

 

Yeonwoo watched Nancy's body fall to the ground. Her features were so serene, so at peace, that it was almost comedic. If it wasn't for the gallons of blood just oozing out of her wound, Yeonwoo could swear she was just sleepy.

 

 

Not another one, Yeonwoo thought, after Hyebin's death.

 

 

It was the first time her brain had stopped functioning. She felt numb, worse than a tanning gone wrong or eating a bad apple. It was like having all of your senses go into overdrive, while at the same time feeling air chugging slowly around you. It was painful to endure, even more painful than the ugliest torture.

 

 

Even Yasuo was surprised. He momentarily lowered his bloodstained sword, processing the new situation around him. In his life of killing, murdering, assassinating, he had always followed the traditional 'hit and run'. Now, as he stayed there, eyes glued to yet another soul he had killed, his eyes wavered for a second. And he did say that he would only kill two people.

 

 

Not to mention Sana and the two maids, who were simply stunned at the sheer aura of the two people. Yasuo, who was a professional killer doubting himself; Yeonwoo, the prodigal genius whose ego had lost her the love of her life. Both were scarred and tortured; albeit a time difference in the happening of their pain. Yasuo's anger was beaten by practice and experience, while Yeonwoo's was fresh. 

 

 

They projected a strangely similar aura to each other; one born with unrivaled anger, shock, trauma and potential. One that emerged from a shocking tragedy. One that would provide a strengthened wit and bravery to do anything, now that they had pretty much nothing to lose. 

 

 

Stunned. Blinded by rage. Masked by fear. Slapped in the face by sorrow. Yeonwoo's face was like running water, shifting with every second. Yasuo also stood there, motionless, eyes shooting daggers at the princess.

 

 

With no words, Yeonwoo gently propped Nancy's dying body onto the library table. Nancy blinked, trying to figure out what had happened, as if the pain receptors in her body were malfunctioning.

 

 

Yasuo watched her with mild interest.

 

 

She approached the two maids, who were still cowering. They knew that they had inadvertedly caused their princess' beloved's death, and were shaking to the toes. Yeonwoo's face was literally burning with anger.

 

 

Yeonwoo looked at them with a chilling pokerface. "What are your names?"

 

 

"I... am Kim Minji." One of them stuttered. "She's Kim Nayun."

 

 

"Nice names. Perhaps I shall kill you painlessly. I know some ways." Yeonwoo creepily grinned.

 

 

She drew a shortknife, the ones used for hunting. She traced the blade alongside Minji's nape, sending chills to the girl.

 

 

"I- I'm sorry... I know my worthlessness... I am so so so sorry..." Minji desperately said, while Nayun just cried. 

 

 

"Saying that you're sorry does not save lives." Yeonwoo whispered. "My anger is yet to be vented."

 

 

"Unnie." Nancy gently opened , which caused a trickle of blood to fall out. "Don't kill them."

 

 

In a flash, Yeonwoo dropped the blade, and sat beside Nancy. "Are you feeling better now? Why do I not need to kill them?"

 

 

"No..." Nancy gasped. "They aren't responsible for this. Nothing can be changed. Just... don't kill them." Nancy felt around in her pockets. "Unnie, take this book. I wrote it, and it is about our adventures. I... I am so sorry I couldn't finish the book. I'm so sorry. Please, just... be merciful.

 

 

"No. Rest, and I am going to bring you that ninja's head." Yeonwoo stood up and glared at Yasuo. He stared back coolly.

 

 

She radiated anger, by the way she stood, as if she would pounce at Yasuo, but she did not do that. To act rashly was to be killed by that skilled ninja.

 

 

"What now?" Yasuo drily laughed. "I am nothing, but this nothingness has taken away your most valued person in the whole world. Pray tell me then, who is the strongest among both of us?"

 

 

 

"I cannot say for sure, but once you have provoked me, I will always win, no matter what." Yeonwoo snorted. Leisurely, she felt around for her daggers. They were nested between her clothes, and she knew she could not take them out now. She had to wait for exactly the right moment. The only element she had on her side now was surprise, and she was not about to give that up. What could she do?

 

 

 

She was quickly running out of options.

 

 

 

Moments passed, and none of them moved, save for the two maids who cowered behind the shelves of books.

 

 

 

Yasuo sauntered to Yeonwoo's side. "You know, you don't need her." He gestured. "We could conquer the whole world. Your intelligence, my strength, no one would be a match for our brawn and brain combination. You could say no, of course, but I'm quite enthusiastic to kill you. I don't mind at all."

 

 

 

Nancy coughed, and Yeonwoo saw specks of blood fall on her beloved's face. That steeled her.

 

 

 

"Let me tell you something." Yeonwoo draped an arm around Yasuo, and a smile tugged at his lips. He was enjoying this. Beside them, Sana trembled from anger and resentment. Yeonwoo's lips drew near Yasuo's ear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter