05 - Plaything?

Don't Play Me!

Chapter 05 – Plaything?


Jungkook

 

“Thank you.” She murmured when I opened the door for her, wrapping her arms around her middle like she was cuddling my jacket.

 

Years! That’s how long I have been looking for her before I gave up ever seeing her again. Now here she was showing up on literally my bed so unexpectedly. The most shocking surprise ever. I couldn’t quite figure out what but something’s weren’t adding up. It was clear Mina didn’t expect to see me here by the way she was pretending like I wouldn’t be able to recognize her earlier.

 

So the question was, what the hell was she doing? I’m yet to find out which of the guys had arranged for this prank. “What are you doing with her?” RM frowned looking from me to Mina when we both entered my room together. I guess I’m about to find out.

 

Jin gave the corridor a quick glance before slamming the door shut. There was a moment of silence as everyone just stared at each other, looking clueless.

 

“Hell! Is she someone you have been with before?” V asked looking sheepish. “I specifically asked them to send someone who none of us has been sent before. Sorry bro.” He sighed, giving Mina a disgusted glance.

 

“What?” I asked V, having no idea what the hell he was on about. Typical of V to pull a prank like this but I couldn’t quite comprehend the rest of what he was saying.

 

“Crimson Wings.” He shrugged, like it was no biggie. “That’s where I got her from.”

 

I gave him a wide-eyed look while my brain was trying to catch up with facts. What the hell!

 

“You called her Mimi.” Jimin said into the tense silence, pulling me back from the train wreck of my thoughts. He gave me a knowing look mixed with worry before looking at Mina, who in all of this seemed to have sneaked up to the bed and was getting her hands on her stuff. She was getting ready to bolt, like hell she was.

 

Everyone knew our pasts, that I came from a poor childhood. We were all so close like that but the part Mina played in my life, only Jimin knew it, that too very briefly. It wasn’t something I went around talking about.

 

“Come on, lets’ go guys.” Jimin called out heading for the doors while giving pointed looks at everyone. “Jungkook, we are heading down to eat but join us soon.” RM ordered before leaving, followed by Jin who gave me a nod before closing the door behind him.

 

I moved towards the sofa. “Put you’re stuff down Mina, We need to talk.” I didn’t waste time beating around the bush. I needed answers.

 

She sighed looking resigned before taking a seat on the bed. I took a seat on the sofa facing her but I was too tense to get comfortable.

 

“It’s been a long time.” She smiled tentatively. “I would ask how have you been but everyone knows how well you are doing these day, it’s practically public knowledge.” She snorted as if laughing at her own joke but her amusement died when she got no reaction from me. Yeah, nice try but I’m not falling for the topic change.

 

“What are you doing here? Why the hell are you here under a damn service?” I shot right to the point and the exasperation I felt was clear in my voice. “What the hell were you thinking?” It seems I still felt protective of her, old habits died hard I guess. I knew her personality; I knew she could be an angel at times, a spoiled princess when she wanted and a rebellious nightmare when she felt like it. But this seemed a little too excessive, even for her. Crimson Wings, ing hell, it’s nothing better than a whorehouse with a classy name.

 

I saw the way she flipped right before my eyes. Her nervous hesitation was replaced with anger as she glared at me. She always had a short fuse, that hasn’t changed either it seems. It almost made me smile.

 

“Oh look at you being all judgey now that you are right at the top.” She snapped.

 

She sounded furious but I took offense to her words. I was doing no such thing. “What the hell does that mean?” I frowned back.

 

“Well you want to judge me for cleaning dirty houses and toilets till my hands are raw? For being a plaything for rich spoiled brats like the one you seemed to have turned into?” Her eyes glistened with tears and disappointment, she blinked them away but every word she spoke felt like sharp stones being thrown at me. “Well guess what? I don’t ing care because you’re rich friend just paid me the money that I need to survive for the next three weeks.”

 

She threw my jacket off her shoulders and pulled her t-shirt on before picking up her bag. My eyes dropped down, taking in her creamy white skin, feeling a kick in my heartbeat that was totally uncalled for. My mind flashed back to all those years ago when she loved to prance around in her bikinis when we hung out at her parent’s pool, teasing me for blushing when she caught me looking, she had certainly been a looker then but now she has fully grown into her curves. Hell! I was being a total guy.

 

“I’d say it was nice seeing you but that would be a lie.” She snapped bringing me back to the now. I blushed at being taken so off guard. What the hell, I didn’t blush. Ever. I wasn’t a green fifteen year old anymore. However, I didn’t have time to ponder on that because while I was lost in ogling her, she seemed to have packed up all her stuff and was making her way towards the door. “Goodbye jungkook.” She snapped over her shoulder and that was my cue to jump up.  

 

“Wait!” I called out. “What the hell do you mean plaything?” I asked with a frown. Surely she didn’t mean the obvious?

 

As if on a reel I thought back to all the faceless girls I’ve been sent when I was after a quick with anonymity and no drama.

 

Holy ! Did she just say she – I shook my head. My brain just refused to accept that. I was right behind her, slamming up my hand against the door when she tried to open it.

 

She tried to pry my hand away from the door before giving up with a sigh and turning towards me. I moved back putting some space between us. I needed a clear head for this.

 

“Tell me, what the hell is going on Mina?” I asked trying to coax her.

 

I knew my reaction to her was just basic instinct. These days, I saw girls as nothing but a good , a good time and a good ing distraction, which explained my initial reaction to her but this girl was the only one I would never let myself see that way because one; she was too good for that and two; she maybe all woman now but she was my best friend before all that. She loved me when I was at my lowest and a bond didn’t get any stronger than that. I knew this, even after all the ways fame has messed me up.


A/N: Hope you liked a small peak into Jungkook’s mind.

Don’t forget to Comment, Subscribe and Upvote if you liked