09 - Heartbreak

Don't Play Me!

Chapter 09 – Heartbreak


Jungkook

 

“V please.” I heard a breathy moan as soon as I entered the room and knew I was well and truly played.

 

“Oh come on! Really funny Tae.” I laughed. I’m not sure how V got the man I hired to watch Mina to play lip service to his games but there was no other explanation. I came here expecting a disaster with Mina but here was V, tangled up with some girl. “You freaking got me with this one. As hard as it was to believe, I honestly thought I’d walk in and find Mina with some .” I continued. I saw him stiffen and pull back, giving the girl some breathing room. “How on earth did you know about the man I had-” I felt my voice break and trail off as my eyes met a sad pair of big brown eyes that was familiar over V’s shoulder.

 

There was no explaining the way I felt. I felt my breath freeze, my stomach dropped, my head felt light and my chest felt like someone just dropped a ton of bricks on it.

 

“What the !” I didn’t even realize I had moved closer to them until I was pulling V off of her. “You’re the that’s paying?” My sentences were not making any sense because I was too angry to complete them. It all just came out in a jumble.

 

I felt a soft touch on my shoulder and glared at Mina’s hand on my shoulder. She flinched as if I hurt her but I was the one being betrayed here, by V nonetheless. We were ing best friends, he was my brother. How could he do this.

 

“How could you?” I was shouting, yelling at him louder than I had ever before. “You ing touched her. Her!” I was her best friend for years and even I never dared to touch her like that. I always held myself back. How dare he!

 

“Jungkook it’s not his fault.” Mina cut in but there was no reasoning with me. I grabbed V’s shirt and pulled him closer, I was ready to punch that dazed look off his damn face.

 

“Jungkook!” Mina yelled pushing me away, standing in front of V. She was protecting him! She was protecting him? She pushed me away! “You can’t blame him. If you want to take it out on someone then take it out on me because listen to me Jungkook and listen well!” She had raised her voice and the way she was acting finally shocked me into silence. Who was this girl? Mina had never spoken to me this way, never. “It was an accident. He didn’t know when he paid, and I didn’t know when I accepted.” I saw V moved closer to her back and watched the way she looked back at him, over her shoulder, it looked like such an intimate moment between them that I clenched my fists to stop from reaching out and pulling them apart.

 

“I don’t ing need to hear this .” I glared at V. I still couldn’t believe he would do this. I turned around to leave but Mina caught on to my arm, holding me back.

 

“Yes you do because he didn’t betray you.” She sighed. “I don’t now why you are acting this way Jungkook.” Liar. I knew she was lying out of her and for the life of me couldn’t finger out why she was pretending like this was no big deal. This was a big damn deal!

 

“Yes you do!” I echoed her words. “Because friends don’t let their friends get ed for money.” I snapped. “Literally in this case.” Again my eyes went to V.

 

“You are right, I would have ed him.” Her words were like nails running down a chalkboard to my ears. “But it wouldn’t have been for money. You know why? Because he offered to walk away and still pay me.”

 

“You’re pride wouldn’t have let you accept that money for free.” I knew her so well.

 

“No, money be damned, pride be damned, you know me enough to know that no one can make me do something that I don’t want to do.” Her eyes met mine head on and they looked so cold. Nothing like the one’s I was so used to getting lost in.

 

A lot had changed in the years we were apart. She was right, I was finally starting to accept that. I had thought only I had changed but it was clear she had too. I had still wanted to protect her like I used to back when she was kind and pure but she’s none of those things now. She looked cold and calculated while she watched me for my reaction.

 

Fame happened to me and I changed. Life happened to her and she changed.

 

I didn’t even realize until this moment that there was a really small part of me that still remained innocent, pure and hopeful. I may have come across things that made me question humanity, or the brutal truth of how much money and fame affected the way people saw me. I believed it was all fake. All through that I had still held on to this tiny part that still believed because of Mina. Right now, I felt the moment that I lost that tiny part. She had been the one good thing while I went through such a dark moment in life and I thought she was perfect. It had kept me grounded, thinking back about us, thinking about her. Those moments were beautiful while they last but they were no more.

 

“So you want him.” I kept my eyes on her own, feeling the last little bit of that softness drain out of me. “But you don’t want me?”

 

She flinched as if the words itself disgusted her. That was answer enough for me. She didn’t.

 

“Do you know what’s the worst about hurting someone who knows you well Mina? They know exactly where to hit to hurt you back the most.”

 

I saw the way fear started to creep into her eyes. She should be afraid because she may not want me but I know I could seduce a rock if I wanted to. Game on! I was going to have her begging for me before I was done with her and then I would look her in the eyes and tell her to go herself. Just like she was doing to me now.

 

“If you want to make up for being a weak , then bring her home.” I growled at V before walking out. I stopped at the doorway and looked back. They hadn’t moved at all. “I’m not in a rush so you can finish what you started, I don’t care. After all it wouldn’t be the first time we shared.”

 

 

 

 

Mina

 

Stupid ! Hypocrite! My mind screamed at me while I watched the one guy I loved and knew would ever love walk away from me. These day’s all I did was do what I didn’t want to do. Life had a strange way of making you loose your morals.

 

The me he knew was kind, caring, prideful and had integrity. The me now was a mere shadow of that self. I couldn’t care less about maintaining my integrity or my pride and I couldn’t afford to be caring and kind.

 

“Guess who’s going to be paying for you’re crimes V?” I asked turning around to look at him because we both knew what Jungkook’s parting words meant.

 

“I’m-” he started before trailing off and looking down at his shoes. He was guilty now but it was too damn late.

 

“Little old me.” I whispered, falling down onto the bed. “That’s who is going to be dragged through the gutter because of what you did and none other than the guy who has owned my heart for seven years and will continue to do so.”

 

“Do you know what’s the worst about hurting someone who knows you well Mina? They know exactly where to hit to hurt you back the most.”

 

His words echoed in my head. He didn’t even have the slightest idea about my feelings when he warned me. When it came to Jungkook, he could not only hurt me more than anyone else, he could rip me to shreds and scar me for life.


A/N: So much drama. Think V will be a little less hard on Mina now? Hope you guys like this.

Please comment subscribe and upvote if you liked.