03 - Did You Know?

Don't Play Me!

Chapter 03 – Did you know?


Mina

 

I took a deep breath, bracing myself for what’s to come. I knew better than to try and outrun him but I guess I never expected him to follow me. It only took him a few steps down the fire exit stairway to catch up to me.

 

I turned around to face him with an exaggerated frown on my face. “What are you doing?” I asked him, meeting his gaze head on. I wore my emotions on my face usually so I’m not sure whether I will be able to pull this off but if I do, I will deserve an acting award for the act I’m about to put on.

 

“Mina? Is that you?” He still seemed to be equal parts shocked and confused. Not that I blamed him because I would be too, if I was in his shoes.

 

“Who is this Mina you keep calling me?” I asked, flipping my hair over my shoulder and just as I predicted his eyes fell down to my chest, giving my face a break. I grimaced before clenching my jaw to hold in my immediate reaction to try and crawl into a corner to be miserable by myself. My reprieve however was short lived since just as fast as his eyes fell down they were back up and was scrutinising my face with a frown of his own. I needed to do something fast and I knew exactly what to do drive him away.

 

I moved a few steps closer and leaned in. “Sorry about my initial reaction.” I gestured to him with my hand. “I mean I was surprised to be faced with all of you BTS when I least expected it.” I attempted a giggle that sounded more like a choke to me with how tight my throat was getting but I guess if the way he leaned back away from me was anything to go by it was working. “For you, I will be more than happy to be this Mina you seem so hung up on.” He flinched away from me like I had slapped him when I followed that statement with a wink and a smirk. “For the rest of the day and maybe even the night.” I flipped my hair over my shoulder again and cocked my hips to the side, posing for greater effect.

 

I almost regretted it but this is for the best. This isn’t the way I wanted him to remember me as. I was someone he depended on and cared about as close friends once and to see me like this now is the last thing I wanted.

 

I watched as Junkoook shook his head and then turned around to walk back up. Yeah just as I guessed. It seemed almost scary how well I seemed to know him still. I felt my eyes start to tear up but blinked them away. I will cry, eventually, when I am back in Korea and in a quite corner. Right now I needed to figure out how exactly to get back my things.

 

I walked down to the bottom step and was just about to sit down to think when I heard the door slamming open again. I stood up and looked back just in time to see Jungkook storming down the stairs, looking furious. I didn’t even have enough time to react or say anything before he was almost running me over in his stride. My reaction to move back was automatic, until I felt the cold concrete of the wall against my back. I was genuinely scared because our status wasn’t the only thing that has changed over the last seven years. He towered over me now, by a good feet and he was broader too. 

 

“Turn around.” He ordered out of nowhere and I couldn’t do anything but just stare at him in shock and fear. “Just turn around.”

 

I didn’t know him anymore, the him I knew before would never have taken a girl up on an offer like the one I was teasing him with before. All that was going through my mind was that he was about to take me up against this wall and I was scared less but for the love of anything I couldn’t react. Maybe it’s the shock, maybe it’s the fear or maybe it’s the effect he still had on me. At this point I couldn’t even think straight and not in a good way either.

 

He huffed with exasperation when I made no move to turn around and gripped my shoulders. The next thing I know the coldness of the concrete was against the side of my face instead of my back and he was sweeping my hair off my back. Finally my mind was catching up to the situation and I started to struggle but it only took him a leg between mine and an arm holding on to both of my wrists at my lower back to have me flush against the wall.

 

 

I felt him shudder against me and froze. I couldn’t understand what was going on. I felt his breath across my shoulder blades and then his fingers were gliding across my skin right at the center down my spine. His fingers stopped at the strap across my back and I started to struggle even more, fully expecting him to unsnap it but he didn’t. Instead I felt his breath on my neck when he bent down closer to me.

 

“Did you know you have four perfectly spaced out birthmarks down the center of your spine Mimi?”

 

What? No I didn’t actually. I was surprised he knew this when even I never realized I had such a thing.

 

Slowly he let go of his grip on me and I felt him move back but I didn’t want to turn around because I knew I was busted. He just called me out on my lies and I have nothing left to defend myself with.


A/N: Okay I didn’t expect to turn the heat up this early on but things kind of ended up this way haha. I gues it’s their chemistry ;)

 

Please Comment, Upvote and Subscribe if you enjoyed.