02 - The Prank

Don't Play Me!

Chapter 02 – The Prank


Mina

 

I made a couple of trips up to the front desk, only to turn around and walk away. I was getting suspicious looks from the staff working at the desk and I knew it was only a matter of time before I was asked to leave but I couldn’t help calm my nerves.

 

I only had to go up to the desk and tell them where I am from to get the key card; at least that’s what I was told by Alice. I took a deep breath. “I got this.” I muttered to myself before making my way to the front desk again. Maybe it’s the embarrassment of saying that I’m from an service or the nerves from the fact that I was about to enter a total strangers bedroom without their permission but whatever it was I just couldn’t get myself to focus. “Think about the money.” I was freaking out and talking to myself. Just freaking great.

 

“Can I help you miss?” The front staff asked me in English, probably guessing from the little pep talk I was giving myself that I wasn’t speaking Japanese.

 

“Yes.” I croaked before clearing my throat. “I’m here to collect a key card.” I admitted before giving the cold plastic card in my hand to the guy. One look down at it and his gaze snapped up to mine with a silent nod. He probably thought I was here to some old geezer up or something equally revolting. I could clearly see the judgment there, until he looked into his system and his gaze widened as if surprised. Okay none of this was helping my nerves, he took his bloody damn time with his little surprised and judgey looks but eventually gave me the key card, telling me it was on the twenty seventh floor.

 

I picked up my small day bag and started heading towards the elevators. The hushed words spoken behind my back in Japanese was not lost on me. To be honest though I didn’t blame the staff, I’m sure even I would have come to the same conclusion if I was working there and a girl with a day bag walked up to the counter with the calling card for a high end service called ‘Crimson Wings’. I would be judging too but what surprised me was that I expected them to be more used to this type of thing happening all the time. Oh well, I brushed it off my mind while I tried to pick my nerves back up because this was really happening now.

 

The elevator finally reached the twenty seventh floor and I peeked out when the doors opened. I was given a time frame. A short window and I was really pushing it because I was too chicken to go pick up the key card from the front desk. I gave a relieved sigh when there was no one around and I made a mad dash to the room number before fumbling with the key card, trying to get it in the damn slot. I kept looked over my shoulders making sure I wasn’t about to be busted. Finally with a merciful beep the door opened and I jumped inside, slamming the door shut behind me. I felt like I was in a freaking bond movie, doing all these sneaky stuff but mission accomplished, I was in the room and no one was here yet. I didn’t have much time but I took a minute to look around anyway, taking in the suitcase lying open with a few clothes that still had the tags on. Designer of course. The dressing table was cluttered with cosmetics, perfume and accessories, brand names of course.

 

I almost felt my eyes rolling. Color me surprised! Not! I guess I should have guessed the privileged pricks who was paying an insane amount for a childish prank had to have enough cash to be living in the lap of luxury.

 

I heard footsteps right outside the door and panicked for a second thinking, crap! He was about to come in and I wasn’t ready but to my utter relief the noise kept fading away as who ever it was kept walking down the hallway.

 

I jumped into action nonetheless, knowing he could be coming in any minute now. First I hid my shoes away under the bed and kicked my bag  under there too. Out of sight, good. Next, I whipped off my shirt and was standing in my strapless bra when I realized the bandeau top I was supposed to change into was in the freaking bag I just kicked under the bed. I was on my knees trying to retrieve it when I heard footsteps again. Hell! I knew I couldn’t be lucky twice in a row.

 

I threw my t-shirt under the bed and jumped on the bed, pulling the covers over me, just leaving my shoulders exposed. I barely had time to lay my head on the pillow before I heard the beep that meant the door was unlocked. My heart was racing and I was still not prepared. I prayed to god, that I had covered enough of my chest so my bra wasn’t peeking over the sheet over me. I was supposed to pretend I was under the sheet. I didn’t want anything going wrong because one, Alice put down her reputation for me and two she told be how cheap these pricks could be at times, finding the least bit of fault to make a big deal so they could get freebies from the company or the girls themselves. But it was too late to check.

 

I heard him getting closer to the bed before his footsteps stopped. “What the .” He muttered before I heard loud shuffling while he tried making a mad dash out the door. And that was my cue to scream bloody murder. I sat up clutching the sheet to my chest for dramatic effect and did exactly that. I saw him through the curtain of my hair in my face as he kept muttering curses while he shuffled back to stand flushed to the wall, as if he wanted to mold himself to it.

 

I choked on a scream while trying to hold back my laughter. Poor guy. I tried, I really really tried to hold in my laughter but I couldn’t. He was freaking out and his posture as he stood frozen to the wall ready to make a run for it at the first available opportunity was just plain hilarious. I got it now. This was one freaking hilarious prank to play.

 

Finally, his friends, arrived to put him out of his misery while dying in laughter bearing a big fat cake and my job was done. This was some very easy cash, not to mention the trip down to Japan.

 

I brushed my hair off my face, letting them have their fun while I silently got out of the bed, still clutching to the sheet because I wasn’t exactly decent underneath.

 

“Really guys? Very Funny.” He sounded miffed but amused nonetheless. I couldn’t help the grin that pulled at my lips. Oh to be young rich and careless.

 

I shook my head, bending down to try and get to my bag and shoes again when I heard his name. “Jungkook.” One of the guys called out still laughing and I froze. My stomach dropped and my head snapped up to see him, looking right at me.

 

Seven years, that’s how long since I last met his gaze but my reaction was no different. My heart started pounding away.

 

Oh you have got to be freaking kidding me. This couldn’t be real. Surely my luck couldn’t be this bad?

 

For a second we just stared at each other, his friends trying to gain his attention but his gaze was roaming all over me, taking me in. I broke eye contact and pushed my frozen limps to get my stuff so I could get the hell out of here because there wasn’t any recognition on his eyes just curiosity as he looked at me. I knew he must think I just look familiar but it’s clear he’s forgotten all about me. It stung like hell but I was glad because this wasn’t the surprise I was here to spring on him, that was all done. Now all I had to do was get the hell out of here.

 

I clutched on to the sheet trying to figure out how to do this when he was still gazing at me, his curious look turned to a frown and I knew this was getting worse by the minute but I needed to have my hands free to get to my stuff. Right now they are a little preoccupied trying to hold on to the sheet for dear life. Even worse, his friends are catching up to his attention on me, now I had not just one but many many eyes looking at me, trying to figure out why he was looking at me that way.

 

“I – uh, I kindda need to um change.” I stammered, flushing all the way down to my toes while I tried to shuffle around them so I could get to the closed door that was most likely the en suite. Finally Jungkook stopped staring, only to run his eyes down my body, before stopping on my bare shoulders for a second too long.

 

A few of them moved out of the way so I could get around and I gave a relieved sigh. My escape route was almost clear, expect that Jungkook hadn’t budged at all. His gaze met mine again and I felt that sensation of disaster climbing up my throat as I met his eyes this time.

 

The look in his eyes said he finally recognized me.

 

“Mina?” He called, looking shocked while I gripped the sheet trying to almost hide myself.

 

Fate has always been cruel to me but this? This was the worst of it all.

 

“Sorry, you have got the wrong person.”

 

That was all I could say before I gave up my battle with the sheet and just ran out the door.

 

Yeah fate could be such ! But the worst of it was how much more of an idiot I could be, because the bag that had all my stuff? It was still stuck down under the bed.

 


A/N: They have finally met again. Jungkook is shook and Mina is in denial. Let’s see what the future holds.

Anyone who knows BTS probably know that JIN got pranked this way on his birthday a while back! It was pretty hilarious lol.

Please Comment, Upvote and Subscribe if you liked this chapter.

Thanks.