13 - Say the words

Don't Play Me!

Chapter 13 – Say the words


Mina

 

My luck lasted for four days in which I had the mercy of not running into BTS at the company but today, it seemed my luck had run out.

 

RM was the one that I ran into in the hallway and he passed by me with a dismissive nod, hardly acknowledging me but his presence here meant the rest was bound to be around too.

 

I looked down at the watch, 8pm, yup it seems another late night was in the works for me. I’m sure my stress levels were right up there as I sneaked around the building, cleaning up all the rooms that were empty before I headed to the top most one, knowing the guys were most likely there. The loud yelling was the first indication that my guess had been right.

 

I lost the number of times I made myself walk towards the practice room only to turn around and run back to hide. The noise seemed to be coming from the lounge next to their practice room which meant that the practice room was most likely empty.

 

I took a deep breath and walked towards the practice room again, I left my cleaning things behind because I wanted to check that it was empty first. I nearly made it to the door this time before I gave up and turned around, feeling like the coward that I was. I guess I can wait for them to leave before I started on this floor.

 

“How many more times are you planning on doing that?”

 

I jumped, startled by the voice. I turned back around so fast, I was sure I left skid marks on the floor, and walked closer towards the practice room door as if I hadn’t just been caught walking away.

 

Jin. He was standing there, his shoulder resting against one of the walls just outside of the entrance to the lounge.

 

“Oh Hey.” I totally brushed his question off, feeling myself heat up at being caught being such a scardy cat.

 

He gave me a grin and lifted a brow. Honestly, their presence was like such a bomb in your face for me still. I don’t think I could ever get used to seeing them so up close on a regular basis.

 

“You going to do something about our boy in there?” Jin questioned, tilting his head curiously.

 

“What do you mean?” I frowned. I wasn’t aware of anything being wrong. There were so many things running through my head while I thought up the worst of it. Was he ill? injured? Was he in some kind of trouble?

 

“He’s been in there working himself up for most of the day. I’m pretty sure he’s shot one of his ankles already but it seems no one can stop him. We have tried already.”

 

Just then the door slammed open and Jimin walked out. Kicking the door shut and then kicking the trash can next to the door, sending it flying. “He’s going to ruin himself.” He sounded so worried and frustrated but came to halt when he saw me standing there.

 

I didn’t wait long enough to greet him. I pushed past him and into the room. “Jungkook.” I called out but he was too worked up to hear me, over the music and his exhaustion but still he kept moving. His shirt was so soaked that it was transparent. He looked dead on his feet but his moves were flawless expect for the times when he almost seemed to stagger. “Jungkook!” I screamed and this time it did get to him. He jerked as if startled and tried to turn but went down to his knees instead with how weak he was. He turned his head around, still on his knees. When he met my eyes he flinched and turned back around. His shoulders drooped and he hung his head. Regret, it was clear to read on his expression and body language.

 

“You foolish boy!” I yelled as I moved to stand in front of him. He still didn’t look up. Jeez, I couldn’t imagine how far he would have gone, if I hadn’t interrupted. I could almost slap him for his carelessness. “How could you do this to yourself. Get up damnit.” I tried to grip his arm to lift him up but even as exhausted as he was, he was still stronger than me. All he did was shake his head while he still hung it down, keeping his eyes on the floor. “Then say it and get it over with.” I pushed him. “Use your words Jungkook, say the words, get me some flowers, get me a gift, write me a letter, hell anything but doing this to yourself. You could have seriously hurt yourself, if you haven’t already.” I didn’t realize that I was crying until my words cut off as my breath hitched.

 

He leaned forward so unexpectedly that I braced with a gasp, expecting him to collapse on me, instead he just laid his forehead against my stomach. I was short enough that even while kneeling with his head slumped forward he still reached just below my chest. “Jungkook?” I cupped his cheek trying to pull his head back so I could see his face but he resisted.

 

“I am so ing sorry Mimi.” I could have sworn he sobbed and my knees almost crumbled at the emotional turmoil around us. Oh Jungkook!

 

I tried once again to pull him back so I could see him but he kept resisting. “Look at me Kookie.” I whispered and with a tremble he lifted his face up, his chin still grazing my stomach. His eyes were pleading but the desolation there was as if he expected me to curse him. “You really hurt me Jungkook. I can’t forge it anytime soon.” He squeezed his eyes shut as if I had just laid a painful blow to him. “But it seems there really isn’t anything that I can’t forgive when it comes to you.” He shuddered as if in relief and his arms came around my waist, burying his face in my shirt.

 

It was such a bittersweet moment but I tensed when I realized we had quite the audience. I looked up meeting eyes that looked in various sates of disbelief. I pushed Jungkook away and quickly dropped down to my own knee’s meeting him at equal ground. I never wanted his teammates to see him as weak. He already had to be at the bottom of the power ladder because he was the youngest. They all did seem more like family and friends than an idol group but images can be deceiving. I didn’t want them holding this against Jungkook.

 

“Jungkook, everyone’s here.” I whispered to him, expecting him to pull back but instead he just rolled over, pushing me back onto my bottom so he could use my lap as his pillow.

 

“I’m so damn tired.” He mumbled instead.

 

“Well, wow I would have never guessed. What with you dancing for the better part of a day, you idiot.” I glared down at him but gave a relieved sigh when I saw that the other members had left, leaving the door closed.

 

“Smart .” He grumbled but sighed when I ran my hand through his hair. Something I had wanted to do so bad ever since I saw him again.

 

“Ew.” I mock complained. “You’re hair is soaked. Disgusting.” All he did was give me a toothy grin but seemed he was already dozing off. “How are you’re ankles?” I asked worried. Just then Jin and Jimin walked in with food and an ice pack along with some straps. They made quick work of his shoes and strapped his swollen left ankle with the ice and the straps while Jungkook moaned in pain.

 

“That was really stupid Jungkook.” I combed his hair back with my fingers while he opened his eyes and met mine. “What if you ruined your ankle.” It would be like death to him, because dancing was such an integral part of who he was.

 

“I know.” He answered back. “But I wanted to forget.”

 

As his eye held mine we both knew that the bad between us was hardly over. You don’t just up and get over being betrayed and hurt by people you considered friends. Not to mention with what happened between us physically, we couldn’t exactly call ourselves just friends either. There was such a damning sense of ambiguity between us. A mixture of broken trust, hurt feelings, confusion actions, conflicting words and the list just goes on. What the hell were we?

 

“Let’s get your home.” Jin  grumbled interrupting us. “RM and Suga is furious at your foolishness so you better behave your .” Jungkook winced and groaned, looking up at Jin with a pitiful expression that I knew he was using to his advantage.

 

“Fine, I’ll try to be a buffer as much as I can but you are still going to get an whooping on our ride home.” Jin shook his head with an ‘I give up’ kind of expression when Jungkook grinned. He was so spoiled; I guess I worried for nothing.

 

“Will you be coming again tomorrow?” Jungkook asked but before I could answer, Jin cut in. “Hold up, you are stupider than I thought you are if you truly believe that anyone would let you anywhere close to the company again without some proper rest.”

 

“But-”

 

“No buts. RM is already making the call to your manager so you are off work and on bed rest as of right now. You’re going for a check up tomorrow to get yourself checked out too.

Jungkook groaned and I laughed. “Serves you right.” I wanted to thank Jin so bad for looking after him but knew it wasn’t exactly my place to do so anymore.


A/N: Did she forgive him too soon? Do you think they are back to being just friends now? ;)

Comment subscribe and upvote

BTW guys the next chapter is going to be an unexpected suprise. Any guesses? :D