Friends

JiHan Drabbles

Falling for your best friend is probably the worst thing that Joshua could have ever done. It has its benefits sure but in the long run he will be seen nothing more than just that: a best friend. The gentleman of SVT couldn’t help but sigh over this depressing thought.

“Shua-hyung, you okay?” asked by the soft-spoken Minghao who suddenly appeared by his side.

“Yeah, just tired…”

“Do you miss your mom again?”

Joshua felt guilty that he doesn’t contact his mother as often as he used to.  But he can’t also tell the younger that he was thinking about a pesky angel that keeps on appearing on his mind.

“Kinda, but she’s busy right now so… I should probably try later.”

“It’s fine hyung, we’re here for you if you need us.” Minghao put his arm around the elder and pats his back.

Joshua is grateful that he has such caring dongsaengs, younger brothers that would sidle up to his side whenever he feels down. It was also a factor why he doesn’t miss L.A. so much because a part of his family was also here.

“Joshuji, what are you guys doing?”

Speaking of the devil.

Jeonghan is smiling as he approached the two males. “And what’s with this cozy atmosphere?” he rhetorically asked, but Joshua can see the glint in his eyes.

Uh-oh, the angel-devil is up to something.

Don’t ask how he knows it. He just does.

“Jeonghannie, spill it.”

“What?” Jeonghan’s façade still in place.

“Tell me what you did. Again.”

The elder was still faking his innocence. Until they heard a scream coming from Jun’s room. Minghao rose from his seat and immediately ran towards the sound, as well as the other members who heard it.

“Hannie, what did you do?”

Jeonghan just grinned and sat on Minghao’s seat.

“Nothing.” The male murmured as he leaned his head on Joshua’s shoulder.

“Jun screamed, that’s not nothing,” he said to Jeonghan, his hand fluttering over the angel’s hair; and caressing it gently.

“Keep on doing that, Shua.” The elder hummed as he enjoyed Joshua’s fingers brushing his hair.

“Jeonghannie!” he threatened softly, but the elder just continued humming.

This person… This is one of the times that he has to put his foot down. Metaphorically.

He jostled the male softly from his shoulders. “Jeonghan if you don’t tell me I’ll-I’ll…”

Jeonghan just smiled and said. “Or you’ll what, Joshuji?” He was obviously not scared of the male.

“Or I’ll stop this.” Joshua pull his hand away from Jeonghan’s head.

“Hey!”

“Will you tell me now?”

A moment of silence passed between the two before Joshua heard the male sigh in resignation.

“I just… I just cut the arm of his teddy bear, okay!” Jeonghan said, his head still leaning on Joshua’s shoulder. “Now, will you continue what you were doing?” he asked this softly.

Joshua looked at the male – shocked to see their faces so close together – and still wonder how could he love this idiot, devil-angel so much.

“Sure,” Joshua puts his hand on Jeonghan’s head again and brushed the elder’s hair. They both stared at each other, but all good things must come to an end, so Joshua nagged the male “But you shouldn’t trick them like that.”

Jeonghan huffed – Joshua still thinks to this day how he survived Jeonghan’s cuteness – his cheeks puffing out. “But I only do these things out of love.”

“I know that Hannie, but everyone has their limitations.”

“But you never got mad at me.” The elder insisted.

“And I am known to be a saint.”

“Rude.” Jeonghan sighed again before putting his head back on the younger’s shoulder.

“I know that your heart’s in the  right place. But I don’t want them to hate you.” Joshua said softly, Jeonghan’s head.

“I know…” the elder answered quietly. “… I’ll say sorry to Jun later.”

“Good.”

 

Back Story: Jeonghan’s Secret

 

Jeonghan was talking to Seokmin at the time; but his attention was focused on one male. Joshua. He was sitting at the corner of the room, looking gloomy.

And as his best friend, he should try to comfort him – and not because he just wants to stay with Joshua. No, he’s doing his job as a friend. He told Seokmin that he was a bit tired which of course, his dongsaeng understands. When Seokmin went to look for the other members to talk to, Jeonghan was ready to approach Joshua but a certain frog beat him to it.

Recently, Jeonghan noticed that this certain dongsaeng of his was always with Joshua. Not to mention that during their stay in L.A., that dongsaeng of his also went to Joshua’s home. Of course, he’s not jealous, not at all. But the two seems to be getting closer and closer. And Jeonghan doesn’t like the thought of being replaced by Minghao.

Right, that was it. He doesn’t want his status as best friend to be taken away from him. So he thought of only one way to grab Minghao’s attention.

If he remembers correctly, the scissors was just somewhere here.

Jun screamed when he saw what happened to his teddy bear, his poor arm severed and laid neatly to it.

“Hannie what did you do?”

“Nothing.”

 

It was worth it.

He got Shua’s attention.

And he definitely ain’t sorry for it.