Happy Birthday

JiHan Drabbles

Jeonghan was dragging his feet as he walk inside their apartment. It was his birthday but no one, not even Joshua, greeted him. It was already 12:10 A.M.

"Those ungrateful kids." he muttered underneath his breath. "Let them see if I care for their birthday next time."

He opened the door and entered the apartment. 

"They're not even here." he continues to mutter as he turns on the switch.

And then.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOON JEONGHAN!" everyone shouted, slipping out of the sofa, the wall,- heck even nehind the curtains. Leading the pack was S.Coups who was holding the cake with Mingyu and The8 shooting confettis while the others were singing "Happy Birthday" in the background.

"Guys! I-I" Jeonghan stammered, he can't believe that they were planning him a surprise birthday party.

"Hyung, you thought that we forgot. Didn't you?" Seungkwan said, smirking at Jeonghan when he accurately guessed what the older was thinking.

"Ya, Jeonghan-ah, how could you think that!" S.Coups spluttered, teasing the stupefied man who was still shocked.

"And look who's talking." Woozi answered back to S.Coups.

"Don't fight, don't fight! It's Jeonghan-hyung's birthday after all." Mingyu the pacifist who is trying to stop the glaring war between the two males.

"Ah but I think there's something wrong with Jeonghan-hyung though." Vernon observed that Jeonghan was still standing, speechless.

"Jeonghan-hyung, are you okay?" asked a worried Jun when the elder wasn't still moving.

"Ey, Junnie, he's still trying to think of something." Wonwoo replied.

"I know of a way to get him out of his trance." Chan said wickedly. He took the cake from S.Coups hands and splattered it in Jeonghan's face. "THERE! Happy Birthday Jeonghan-hyung!" 

That was the last thing he said before he ran away from an angry Jeonghan.

Soon everyone settled down and ate on the dining room where the food was laid out. Jeonghan looked happily at everyone - they were all talking, laughing, teasing one another - and he was happy to be part of this group but something has been bothering him. Something really important, in fact he noticed it as soon as he entered.

"Guys, where is Joshua?" he exclaimed, suddenly standing up and scanning the room if he actually just missed seeing him.

Everyone soon became quiet.

"Ehem" The8 coughed, pointedly looking at Hoshi and DK.

"What?" DK asked but Hoshi nudged him and gave him a key.

"Oh, that!"

"Jeonghan-hyung, you see we ran out of ideas for what gift to give you." Hoshi started, standing up and trying to look serious.

"And we thought. What does he love the most in the world?" DK followed, adopting Hoshi's attitude.

"So after a long debate, and some anime references, we suddenly thought of a perfect gift that would suit your taste." Hoshi said, his voice sounding like the character he uses onstage (It's the Prince Hoshi image btw!).

"More like passed-by you mean." Vernon snickered.

"Don't interrupt Vernonie, they're getting there."Seungkwan scolded Vernon. But Jeonghan was starting to get the gig.

"So where's Joshua?"

"We're getting there, hyung!" DK whined when his monologue was stopped. "Anyway, long story short, the answer to what you're looking for is in this key." he continued, handing Jeonghan the key to the second apartment.

"WHAT! What did you guys do to him?" Jeonghan shouted.

"It's nothing life-threatening Jeonghan-ah. But if I were you I would hurry. I'm pretty sure those ribbons would hurt someone's skin. Who even tied him that tight?" S.Coups said, Jeonghan digested what he just said. Dawning on what actually happened to Joshua.

"You stupid idiots!" he muttered before he ran out of the apartment to untie Joshua.

As he left, the members all stared at one another.

"So who tied him?" Chan asked.

"I think it was Mingyu, I was the one in charge of knocking Joshua out." The8 answered.

"You guys are going to get killed by Shua-hyung tomorrow" Woozi chimed as he drank his coke.

"Wise talk for someone who gagged him." S.Coups said, avoiding the can thrown his way.

 

Joshua. Joshua, please be okay. 

After hailing a taxi, he arrived 10 minutes later in the second apartment.

He inserted the key and opened the door. As he turn on the light. "Joshua, are you here?" he shouted.

Jeonghan looked through the living room but there was no sign of Joshua Hong. He immediately went to his room.

Quietly, he opened the Joshua's door. "Joshua, are you here?" he asked and he heard the sound of whimpering inside the room.

He flipped on the switch and there he saw in the bed is a , beribboned Joshua Hong struggling to take off the cloth covering his mouth.

"JOSHUA!" Jeonghan rushed to Joshua's side, taking off the gag on his mouth.

"Finally," Joshua said when the gag was shucked off. "Jeonghannie, can you untie the rope on my hands please."

"Okay, wait Shua-ah" Jeonghan's nimble fingers immediately remove the rope binding Joshua's hands.

"Care to explain why you are 'dressed' like this?" Jeonghan amusedly asked, seeing the ribbon criss-crossing on Shua's chest and nether regions.

"I walked in on them watching an anime about valentines and chocolate." Joshua explained, huffing from exertion. "And my stupid weabo mouth went off and told them about 'what if you give him a girl and put a ribbon on her', they ignored my suggestion at first but..." he bit his lip; struggling whether to continue the story.

"Well, Shua? What happened after?" Jeonghan asked curiously. Everyone in the group knows except Joshua how he really feels about the male.

"Well, they had this glint in their eyes and then everyone tried to capture me. I told them that you won't be happy with me--" Joshua sounded choked. Jeonghan who was looking at the male touch his chin and forced Joshua to look up. In it were questions why the members did what they did.

"Do you have something you want to ask?" Jeonghan softly whispered, looking deeply into the younger's eyes.

"Why did they pick me?" Joshua answered.

Jeonghan leaned forward, pressing his lips on Joshua's. A soft kiss that swiftly deepens after Joshua moaned in his lips. Jeonghan puts his hand on his nape, pulling Joshua's body closer to his. The two shared an intimate kiss for a minute until Jeonghan softly pulled Joshua away from him. 

"Shua," he whispered, pressing his forehead on the younger's forehead, staring deeply into his eyes as he proclaim his next words. "I've liked you since day one. I'm not sure if it's love yet but what I do know is that I love being with you and I love the idea of spending my life with you. These past years, I was afraid to tell you how I feel because I don't want to ruin our friendship after all every signs show that you're clearly not interested in me." When he saw that the younger was about to interrupt him he stopped it with a kiss which worked well.

"Don't interrupt me. Not yet. I know that I should be mad at our friends for doing this but if it made you realize how I feel then I might just kiss all of them. Before tonight ends I just want to ask you one question. Joshua Hong, will you be my boyfriend?" he said softly to the guy who was now smiling at him. His heart on his sleeve.

"Yes, Yoon Jeonghan." Joshua answered lovingly, now staring at his new boyfriend. "YES, I would love to be your boyfriend."

 

It was already 1:00 P.M. when our JiHan couple woke up. Joshua stared at his boyfriend when he suddenly remembered something.

"Jeonghan, wake up." he jostled the older slightly. When Jeonghan did not wake up he decided to blow softly on Jeonghan's ear which was super effective.

"What is it Shua?" Jeonghan grumbled, refusing to give up his blanket burrito haven.

"I forgot to give you your present." Jeonghan compromised by opening his eyes.

"Well, what is it?" he asked, still mad about giving up his sleep.

"This one." Joshua opened his palm and in it is a guitar necklace with wings on it. In the middle of the guitar was his birth stone: opal.

"Joshua, you shouldn't have." he immediately sat up, taking the necklace from Joshua's hand. As he inspected the jewelry, he oticed that it was well-crafted and beautiful.

"Actually, I have something to tell you. I was supposed to confess to you today."  Joshua admitted, blushing furiously after he made the statement.

"Shua, that's so cute." Jeonghan was awed to have someone so caring.

"Turn the necklace over." Joshua whispered.

Jeonghan turned the necklace over. Engraved in the necklace was: JH + JS.