My Dear Friend

JiHan Drabbles

Possessive – Obsessed Jeonghan

Yoon Jeonghan has been squirming and squealing like a girl in his bed for the past six minutes because of a text message. A sweet text message that his best friend sent him.

“Hong Jisoo, you , how could you make me fall for you even more?” he whispered to himself.

Hong Jisoo has been his friend for over 15 years. Even now he still remembers how the two of them became friends.

Jeonghan at 8 years-old was known as the class trickster, well to his friends, he was. He never ran out of ideas on what prank to play next. Maybe, that’s the reason why hands were always pointed at him when something bad happens. Like now, he was just minding his own business, sitting at the end of the corner, watching the sky. When suddenly a girl cried, screaming her lungs out, she was shouting that someone took her lunch bag.

And someone tapped him on the back. It was Jin, their class president.

“Jeonghannie, where did you hide it?” he asked the unaware child but Jeonghan just looked surprise at the question.

“What do you mean?” Jin just stared at him in disappointment before asking firmly where he hid the lunch bag. By now, a crowd had formed around the girl and Jeonghan.

“I don’t have it,” he answered again, but now everyone is murmuring while others were glaring at him.

“Come on, Jeonghan-ah, don’t lie. We know you have it.” Jin accused, he look annoyed at him. But Jeonghan doesn’t really have it, he could hear the buzzing of the children around them growing. The brazen ones were blatantly announcing to the curious clusters of kids that ‘Jeonghan did this thing again’ which was completely untrue.

Jeonghan’s lower lip was trembling, trying to hold back his tears because his momma said that he is a big boy now so he shouldn’t be crying anymore. But everyone was accusing him of stealing something he hasn’t even seen.

He was on the verge of humiliating himself when suddenly a soft voice called out everyone’s attention.

“Guys! Listen,” it was the new kid from America – in Jeonghan’s opinion though he thinks the kid was lying because he looks too Korean – who owns a gentle face with the honey voice.

“What is it, Jisoo?” Jin asked now totally annoyed at being disrupted with his interrogation. The new kid just smiled gently, approaching the crying girl, and wiping her face with his right hand.

“Don’t cry, my mom said that girls should always smile.” The girl stopped just like that and blushed at the attention she was getting from the kid.

“But, my lunch bag… it’s missing,” her eyes were threatening to spill tears again when a pink, hello kitty lunch bag appeared on Jisoo’s left hand.

“Is this your bag?” he asked softly. The girl nodded, taking the bag from Jisoo and smiling at him.

“Thank you,” she said shyly before running off. The crowd dispersed when the drama was over. And Jeonghan, Jeonghan was amazed at how the kid handled the situation.

“Tch,” Jin sneered, “I guess it’s time for me to leave.” But before he can, his wrist was grabbed by Jisoo. Irritated, he looked at the male. “What?”

Jisoo just gave him one of his eye smile before glaring at him. “Apologize to Jeonghan.”

“Why should I?” Jin leered. But the new kid just smiled at him softly.

“Unless, you want them to know that you’re the one who hid the lunch bag,” Jisoo whispered threateningly. Shivers went up Jin’s spine before he forcibly pulled his hand away from Jisoo’s grip. He turned back from the male and face Jeonghan. In a small voice, he said sorry, and ran outside.

“You, who are you?” Jeonghan stood up from his seat and immediately walked up to Jisoo.

“I’m Hong Jisoo, but you can call me Joshua.” His eyes crinkling, lips forming a smile. Right then, Jeonghan knew that he should definitely be friends with this boy.

That is their history together. Joshua saved him from a bully and now, well now they’re best friends. Maybe, he should thank Jin for doing that or else he never would have met Joshua. Oh well, he went back to reading the messages again.

 

SHUA <3

Hey, Hannie, what are you doing?

Sleeping

Awww is my baby tired?

W-why are you calling me baby?

What do you think, Hannie? 😉

Joshuji… stop that!

Never, baby 😉

JOSHUA HONG!

Okay, okay. I’ll stop. See you tomorrow?

Yeah, c ya!

Night, baby 😉

JOSHUA!

 

But Jeonghan was giggling the whole time they were exchanging mails. He can’t wait for tomorrow to come.

Jeonghan is not sure if he was too early. Sure, he woke up around 5 a.m. to fix his hair. Sure, his room was a mess because he had trouble selecting which clothes to wear; opting to wear instead an oversized-black shirt with ripped skinny jeans matching it with black, low-cut boots. Sure, he shocked his parents when he went down at 9 a.m. which they said was unprecedented event.

Jeonghan just looked at his watch again, 2 minutes past 11. Did Joshua ditched him? Jeonghan was considering really hard whether he should go home or wait. Until he heard a soft voice behind him.

“Hannie,” Jeonghan turned around to see Joshua who was smiling at him with his eyes crinkling.

“Joshua!” he exclaimed, tackling the other with a hug. “I’ve missed you!”

The other hugged him back, whispering. “Really, Hannie? Even though we see each other every day.”

“It’s not enough…” he pulled back and pouted at him. Joshua just bopped his nose, before caressing his cheeks, as he stared deeply into his eyes.

Their moment was ruined though by someone coughing behind them. “Sorry to interrupt you guys but I’m here.”

Joshua’s arms fell away from Jeonghan’s side, turning from the smiling male behind him – in Jeonghan’s opinion he looks too much like a horse – and offering him a hug, ending it with a bro fist.

“Sorry, Jeonghannie, but Seokminnie will be coming with us,” Joshua stared apologetically at Jeonghan. But the angel can never be mad at the other, so he just sighed before offering his hand to the still smiling male at Joshua’s side.

“Hi, I’m Jeonghan. Yoon Jeonghan.” The other just took his hand and clasped it tightly.

“I’m Lee Seokmin but you can call me DK.”

“Now that everyone’s introduce. Let’s go to that anime café I wanted to go to,” Joshua said enthusiastically, leading the two males who just smiled helplessly behind him.

“So, Shua-hyung, are you and Jeonghan-hyung dating?” DK asked innocently, as he stared at the two elder.

Flustered by the question, Jeonghan stuttered as he tried to answer. “Pshhhh, n-nah. W-w-were totally n-not… right?” the angel looked at the gentleman as he asked. Joshua stared endearingly at Jeonghan’s eyes, chucking his chin before answering.

“No, Seokminnie, Jeonghan and I are just friends.” Jeonghan felt his heart clench at the confirmation. That’s right, this was his reality.

“Oh, good, because a lot of my friends want me to set you up with them.” At this, Jeonghan just frowned as Seokmin list girls after girls to Joshua.

“I didn’t know that Joshua was that popular,” Jeonghan replied, he was already having trouble accepting his reality, now there’s this.

“Oh yeah, he is top one in girls’ boys I want to date list.”

Nuh-uh, he ain’t taking this . He sidled up towards Joshua and hugged him from the side. Helpless, Joshua just puts his arm around Jeonghan, staring at the male who was pouting at him. “Shua-ya, will you abandon me to your gaggle of girls.”

Joshua just chuckled at his ridiculous statement. “Nah, you being by my side is enough for me.”

“Damn right you are. So you better not leave me Hong Jisoo. You’re stuck with me forever.” He said stubbornly, even though he’s already, technically confessing his feelings to the younger.

“Good to know.” Joshua’s grip on Jeonghan’s shoulder tightening, pulling him closer to his side.

The younger was just staring at them from behind. “Hyungs, are you sure that you two are not dating?”

DK had to leave early when he received a message from his friend Hoshi to return to their apartment because the male apparently burned the stove. Profusely apologizing to Joshua for leaving so early, DK kept on bowing to them even when he was outside the café.

“I like your friend,” Jeonghan said, still staring outside even when DK was no longer there.

“Babe, you better not think of cheating on me,” Joshua teased to the elder. This statement made Jeonghan blush which prompted the younger to even more.

But Jeonghan can’t help himself as his whole attention focused on Joshua. The way his cat-like eyes would crinkle when he smiles; his irises that seems to never lose their shine; his full lips that was made for kissing the cute pout the younger usually shows to the elder; his cute upturned nose that he would always tweak; the dimple on the sides of his lips that would occasionally show. The little quirks that Jeonghan loves because it fits Joshua’s personality.

Maybe, you should confess to him already Jeonghan!

And be rejected, nuh-uh

He’s worth the risk

Keep telling yourself that hun! You know that he’ll stay away from you if you confess

But what if one day… one day he would introduce you to his girlfriend / boyfriend. Will you be able to swallow the pain of watching from afar? Watching someone else take care of him instead of you? Watching him smile, not because of you, but what his other half did? Can you handle just watching him be taken away from you?

Tears started to ran down his cheeks one by one, thoughts of Joshua with another person did not sit well with him. He doesn’t want to see Joshua’s smiles that were usually given to him be taken away by someone else.

He felt a hand wipe his tears away. Jeonghan looks up and sees Joshua’s right hand on his cheek. “Hey, don’t cry,” Joshua whispered. “My mom said that beautiful creatures shouldn’t cry.”

Jeonghan laugh a bit despite crying. “I t-thought your mom said girls shouldn’t cry.”

“Well, Han, I think my mom lied,” the other said softly, still wiping the tears that continues to streak through his face. “You see I can’t handle when this one cry.”

“You’re so lame,” Jeonghan retort delicately.

“Then, tell me why you’re crying Hannie?” Joshua asked, staring intensely at Jeonghan.

“I don’t know” he whispered achingly, still refusing to say the words.

Joshua just stared at him before pressing their foreheads together. “I think you already do. Tell me Han.”

“I love you, Hong Jisoo.”

The younger chuckled. He stared at Jeonghan’s eyes and press their lips together. It was soft and sweet. Joshua pulled back a bit. “And I love you too, Yoon Jeonghan.”

That was the last thing he said before the two became one.

 

 

 

 

 

I know I said at the top that it was supposed to be an obsessed-possessive Jeonghan but I suddenly felt soft and kinda diverted from the story. I promise to recompense but for now I hope you enjoyed this fluff and made you go ‘uwu’ because I know that we love soft cute jihan moments.

Peace!

 

P.S. I promise to do all the demands that were given to me. Just give me a little bit of time since I’m a bit busy with uni!