The Search

Thorned Rose

Flashback

Hyebin’s POV

Jooe and I decided to check up on Taeha and Nayun. I was worried about the cafe because we haven’t opened but Jane and Ahin’s relationship is more important. 

 

We arrived and I jogged to their room, leaving Jooe still sleeping in the front seat, I knocked at the door and was greeted by Nayun who still looks sleepy.

 

”Where is Taeha?” I asked her. She pointed at Taeha who was still sleeping in the bed.

 

”We have a problem” I shot Nayun a look, a serious one.

 

”Ahin cheated on Jane” I continued. Nayun’s eyes widened, her sleepy eyes now gone.

 

”What?!” She shouted and that made Taeha wake up from her sleep.

 

”Jeez, your voice is so loud it’s too early” Taeha said and groaned. I saw her scratching the back of head while coming closer to us. She realized that my presence  and asked why am I here.

 

”I guess Daisy haven’t told you guys yet” I paused. “Jane got jealous of a guy flirting to Ahin, they got into a fight and Jane slapped her. She ran away and we searched for in the bar and found her with another man, but we didn’t tell Jane yet.”

 

”I want to see them” Taeha said. I nodded in response.

 

”So you guys should get dressed up, I’ll be waiting for you in the car, Jooe is with me sleeping” I commanded them and they immediately went to the bathroom.

 

I walked back to the car and sat on the driver’s seat. Knowing the girls, we do really care for each other in times of need. We have diferrent personalities that changed through the years and being the oldest, I was the mom of the group and knew their capabilities. 

 

Deep inside, I know that Ahin isn’t capable of doing that to Jane but maybe revenge could change that statement.

 

With my thoughts, I felt my eyelids dropping down. I checked the time and it was only 7:30am before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.

 

I was woken up by a pair of hands harshly shaking my shoulders. My eyes landed on Nayun and Taeha who has now dressed up and looked impatient. 

 

“You’re really a sleepyhead Hyebin.” Taeha blurted out, I can see that she’s eager to go. I signaled them ti enter the car.

 

”I didn’t get that much sleep, we searched for Ahin right?” I put the keys on and started the engine.

 

”By the way, we heard a new voice within our rooms, and I can hear your voices talking too so I guess we have a new companion.” Nayun opened up a topic.

 

”I too can hear a new voice around, I didn’t see her yet though” Taeha added, she concluded that it was a girl since the voice is soft and high-pitched.

 

”Ah yes, that was Nancy, Daisy’s friend, she’s with us and sleeping in Dabin’s room” I explained and this caught the two girls’ attention.

 

”Woah, maybe Dabin can get a love life finally” Nayun joked, she was always teasing Yeonwoo about her not getting a psrtner yet.

 

”I just hope that she can handle Yeonwoo’s attitude” Taeha said and with that I smirked.

 

”Yeonwoo’s attitude changes when she’s with her, she gets a little clingy and soft.” I noticed that yesterday, Yeonwoo’s facial expression is soft when talking to Nancy and I can see her smiles when she’s with her. 

 

The girls screamed and with that Jooe was woken up. She looks adorable with her hair all over the place and her face looks annoyed.

 

”I’m so proud of Dabin” Nayun screamed again. She was now smiling like an idiot imagining Yeonwoo being clingy.

 

Taeha was now laughing at Jooe’s face and the fact that Yeonwoo can finally get her own love life. She’s ready to see flustered Lee Dabin, I guess. 

 

”Ughh people, you guys are so loud, it broke my ears.” Jooe scolded the two girls. 

 

“Wow, for your information Jooe, your voice is louder than ours combined” Nayun jokingly told her which probably pissed Jooe.

 

The girls continued their petty fight on which voice is louder along the journey.

 

Taeha immediately went to the apartment the moment I parked the car, I became worried that might do something stupid. I followed her quickly and I was stopped on my tracks when I heard her scream.

 

”Ahin?! What the heck have gone into your head to be with another man?!” anger was evident on her voice. I jogged again and went to the door, I saw everyone on the room with shocked faces including Jane.

 

  

​​​​​​​Third Person POV

​​​​​​​The room was silent for a couple of seconds, all people in the room has their heart beating loudly. Hyebin was at the door with Nayun and Jooe, Daisy and Ahin looked horrified with what Taeha said, and Taeha reazlied that she just messed up. Everyone was waiting on Jane’s reaction.

 

Jane was only absorbing Taeha’s statement while Ahin was already crying. Jane turned her head to Ahin.

 

”Is this true?” Jane spoke weakly asking Ahin who was covering her face with her hands. 

 

“Is this true?!” she spoke again, now louder with her voice blastering in the room. Ahin nodded in response and that alone made Jane crazy.

 

”How could you, Lee Ahin?!” she shouted again, anger has now consumed her system, her heart beating fast, jaws clenched and fists curled into a ball.

 

”Is this what I deserve for being jealous? for slapping you?, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it” Jane was now on her knees crying helplessly.

 

Hyebin walked closer to her and tried to stand her up but Jane resisted. She kept repeating “how could you do this” while sobbing. Everyone in the room is now crying especially the two. For the whole five minutes, all you can hear in the room was sniffs,sobs and cries of the girls. 

 

Jane stood up and went out of the door, Daisy saw this and chased after her but when Jane noticed that she’s following her, she pushed her away making Daisy fall into the floor. 

 

“Please leave me alone for a while” Daisy was silently cursing for how painful the impact was. She laid there as Jane continued to run away.

 

After the pain slightly subsided, Daisy went back on her feet to chase Jane but was stopped when she heard Jooe’s scream.

 

”Ahin is hyperventilating!” This alarmed the other girls and immediately checked on her. She was breathing abnormally between her sobs. Daisy cursed again in her mind.

 

She knew that they will have a hard time finding Jane as she jogged back to the room to also check on Ahin.

 

Jooe now decided to call Yeonwoo and Nancy for help.

 

End of flashback​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​Yeonwoo’s POV

 

Nancy and I immediately grabbed a taxi to go back. We sat there in silence, I was now worried knowing that Jiyeon ran away. I turned my attention the the girl who’s sitting beside me, she looks calm and composed but her trembling fingers betrayed her look proving that she’s nervous.

 

”Seeing Jane in that state yersterday when Ahin’s missing, she surely went mad about what happened” Nancy concluded and that made even more nervous.

 

”I hope we could find her easily” I closed my eyes and sighed.

 

I grabbed her hand and paid the driver as we arrived at the apartment. I went to the room only to see the girls crying and comforting Ahin. Taeha and Nayun are here too.

 

I walked closer to Ahin who was now breathing heavily and hugged her, she hugged back tight and kept saying sorry. I patted her back as she cries. I looked up to Nancy staring at us her eyes expresses an emotion which I couldn’t understand.

 

I don’t want to assume something since she always looks intimidating.

 

”Everyone” I spoke as Ahin broke the hug. “Get your butts up and let’s find Jane” I tried to motivate them.

 

”We don’t know where to find her Dabin” Ahin told me. 

 

“We will find her, wherever she goes and whatever it takes” I said firmly, the girls looked at me convinced as they stood up. We got out of the apartment and went to Hyebin’s car.

 

”We can’t fit all here, Jooe and Daisy will be coming with me, Taeha and Nayun grab and taxi and search for Jane in whatever place you want, same as to you Yeonwoo and Nancy.

 

”Everyone keep their phones, call me immediately if you find Jane so I can alarm others. Yeonwoo, I’ll be calling you because I don’t have Nancy’s number yet.” Hyebin reminded us before parting ways.

 

Hyebin started the engine while Taeha and Nayun started to grab their taxis and went first. I decided that we’ll search Jane on the park.

Jane and Ahin usually go there because for them it’s peaceful. The park was loaded with people and the hot sun shining brightly greeted us when we arrived.

 

I took Nancy’s hand and clasped our fingers together since there were alot of people, she might get lost. I felt her grip tighten as we walked pass the crowd. 

 

“Let’s check the fountain” I said to her, she nodded and I noticed that she as already sweating. Beads of sweat falls from her forehead to her jawline. I gulped and looked away when she looked back at me.

 

The walk to the fountain was a little tiring since the park was a little big, as we walk by, we still search for a familiar face but there wasn’t one. 

 

I checked the benches near the fountain and the places where someone could sit near the fountain, but no Jiyeon was found. Nancy was also searching at the other side of the fountain. I decided to go back to her, while walking I saw that she’s trying to entertain a little boy holding a balloon. 

 

Her aura completely changed. She looks so innocent and precious as she pats the little boy’ head, she makes cute faces and makes the boy laugh. Okay right now, I wish to be that kid, ugh.

 

“What is your name, I’m Nancy” she spoke to the little kid while bending down to reach his level.

 

”Nanshi?” the boy pronounced her name changing the ‘cy’ to ‘shi’. Nancy laughs at him and it also made the boy laugh too. I want to make her laugh too, well I did it earlier and gives me a warm feeling. 

 

“I’ll be going now little one, goodbye” she waves goodbye to the boy who seems to have fun with her. She gives him a small hug before walking in my direction. 

 

“Who’s that?” I asked her, her aura now changed into her neutral one.

 

”He bumped into me and his parents were busy taking pictures” she explained and I nodded.

 

”Come let’s go to there, if we don’t see her, let’s move to another location.” I told her while pointing at the corner of the park with many trees.

 

We walked another couple of minutes to the tree section, it was darker than other places in the park since it was surrounded with alot of trees. As I did earlier, I searched everywhere that a person could hide or sit on but saw no sign of Jiyeon whatsoever.

 

I signaled Nancy to go back and nothing was here when we both stopped because of a cry. I walked to the direction of the cry and saw Jiyeon trying to cry silently. Her face is covered by her hands.

 

”Jiyeon” I spoke in a soft manner, she turned her attention to me and I saw her bloodshot eyes that was caused by crying too much.

 

I bent down and opened my arms, she hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder. I saw Nancy walking closer to us while giving me the stare she gave me earlier.

 

”Let’s go back now” Nancy said and also bent down, Jiyeon looked at her with a puzzled face.

 

”I’m Nancy, Daisy’s friend, I moved with them a couple days ago” she introduced herself before Jiyeon could even ask. It is awkward  to introduce yourself in this kind of situation.

 

”I’m not ready to face her yet.” Jiyeon told her, Nancy shook her head

 

”You should be, give yourselves time to talk this out, you should hear her side and she should hear yours” Nancy advised her, this calmed Jiyeon down a bit. Nancy sat down with her and patted her shoulder. 

 

“Thank you” she thanked Nancy and with that Nancy spoke.

 

”Dabin, give me your phone” I immediately obeyed what she said, she searched Hyebin’s name in the contacts and dialed her number. I was intently focusing on her as she swiped her thumb on the screen of my phone.

 

I suddenly noticed that Jiyeon was looking at me while smirking. I rolled my eyes at her and she smiled widely. 

 

“Hyebin?, this is Nancy, we found Jane already, she’s here at the park” Nancy spoke on the phone, she explained where exactly were we and how we found Jiyeon and after that, she dropped the call.

 

”They’re coming, they are excited I can imagine their faces while Hyebin is talking to me on the phone” she blurted out smirking.

 

”They’re just like that, a bunch of idiots” I spoke as we sat down in silenece enjoying the feeling that this section of the park gave us.

 

 

I’m really sorry for not updating recently, I was busy with school and exams are coming up. Thank you for the reads,comments and subs though, I’m shocked with them especially for the number of reads.