Behind Lee Dabin

Thorned Rose

Hyebin’s POV

I wasn’t expecting that this day would come to this. I hope that Dabin and Nancy will be safe after the trouble they have gone too earlier, they are probably at the carpark now if they didn’t continue searching. It was almost an hour of searching of Ahin from this huge bar with so many people.

Jooe and I were totally exhausted and hungry, but we kept on searching. We checked on probably the worst part of the bar, the dancefloor, it was full of disgusting people, no, animals who are hungry for God knows what. 

Now I fully understand why Yeonwoo and Nancy got into the trouble, I and Jooe were also getting looks from boys and it was very annoying.

I checked my watch it was almost 8:30pm and sighed, we haven’t seen Ahin yet and maybe she’s in trouble now. While I was in deep thoughts, my phone rang.

”Hello” I answered, “Hyebin we have a bigger problem, I already saw Ahin but..” Daisy spoke on the other line.

”But what?” I asked hurriedly. “She’s with another man, and Hyebin, he was older than her like what the hell went to Ahin’s mind to go with this jerk. Hyebin I really need your help, Jane and I split up, she’s on the other side of the drinks area, I can say this area is pretty huge but she will meet up with me and see Ahin like this” 

Hyebin gulped and grabbed Jooe’s hand, she dragged her along while Jooe is complaining of how agressive Hyebin is.

”Wait damn it, what happened?, who called you?” She asked.

”It was Daisy and she said found Ahin but she’s with another dude” Hyebin answered her.

”What the hell!, Ahin isn’t like that, how could she?!” Jooe angrily stated. They tried their best to walk faster, but considering the large crowd in front of them, it will surely take a long time.

 

At the carpark

Yeonwoo was peacefully listening to music as she calmed herself down because the girls haven’t returned yet. She was so worried yet also calm at the same time, is that even possible?

She’s worried about her friends but very calm for the sensation that Nancy’s head on top of her shoulders gave her. She was lightly the girl’s hair while quietly humming a song.

Dabin looked at the window of the car, she noticed that she completely changed if Nancy is around her, she became soft and gentle, far from the Dabin that she grew up as. The reason of that cold attitude slowly came back in her mind.

Flashback

Yeonwoo was walking her way home, tired and exhausted for everything. She already knew that she’ll be scolded by her mother for her low grades and the how she acts at school.

Yeonwoo doesn’t know the word respect.

She lazily opened their door and was greeted by her angry mother. 

“Lee Dabin, you are such a disgrace to this family!” Her mother’s voice boomed the whole living room. She looked at her mother with a i-dont-care look, this made her even more angry. 

“Yeonwoo when will you be like your cousins, look at them now, some are already successful and some gave honors to their family. You are the one who’s destroying this family’s name.” Yenwoo spoke to her mother mimicking her. She had memorized her mother’s lines and she hates it how she compares her to others. 

Her mother slapped her so hard that made her drop to the floor, she’s already used to this and for the past years of her entire life, she had never cried in front of her mother.

She hates her, she hates how she compares her to others, she hates how she tells her to fix her life while she didn’t even fix their marriage. She haven’t seen her dad since she was 6 years of age. She knows that her father got tired of her mother and decided to leave her.

In that age, Dabin was a victim of her mother’s abuse making her the Lee Dabin who seems to feel nothing. She witnessed that her mother didn’t even do a single thing to take her father back. It was maddening and saddening.

”This is the complete reason why dad left you” she muttered, her mother heard this and slaped even harder, not feeling mercy for her child. 

“How dare you?! After humiliating me in front of our relatives, you can talk to me like that?!” Her mother shouted at her.

”I wished I never had you Yeonwoo” Her mother clearly spoke to her.

”I wished I was never your daughter too” She replied back with a smirk. 

For the third time, she was slapped again.

 

Yeonwoo was crying her out while the water flows from the shower to her skin, this is Dabin’s routine almost  everyday, get into a fight with her mother and cry in the bathroom. She promised herself that she will get out of this hell after she finished school.

 

All of this flashed back on Yeonwoo’s mind as she stares blankly at her mother’s coffin at the last day of her funeral. She died from a car accident when she was chasing Yeonwoo for she tried to escape their house.

She regrets everything. “I should’ve just slept that night, I wished I could turn back time, so that I can make her feel my love for her just a little bit, I wished I never blamed her for the state of my family, I wished I became a good daughter.”

But it’s too late to say sorry, for now her mother left her, in this cruel world.

 

Yeonwoo decided to stay with her good friends, Daisy and Hyebin. That’s how she met Jooe,Ahin,Jane,Taeha and Nayun. She doesn’t want to return back to her relatives, who only thought of her as a black sheep. 

 

​​​​​​​Yeonwoo’s thoughts were interrupted when Hyebin called her.

”Yeonwoo, where are you?” Hyebin asked.

”Nancy is sleeping her at the carpark” She answered.

”We need your help right now, Ahin got into a big mess and we shouldn’t let Jane know about this or else” She heard Hyebin sigh.

”Okay just give us a minute and we’ll be there. What part of the bar exactly?” Dabin whispered to not wake Nancy but she’ll wake her up anyway.

”In the freaking bar stools, near the rooms of God knows what, this place is huge and there’s alot of people, don’t get lost” Hyebin told her. They said goodbyes to each other and ended the call.

 

Okay time to wake her up again, I guess. Yeonwoo thought while staring at the sleeping Nancy on her shoulder.

 

Here’s a short chapter for y’all, I appreciate the reads and comments, it motivates me to write more.

Thank you so much :

 

​​​​​​​