Yeonwoo

Thorned Rose

Third Person POV:

 

 

Lee Dabin sighed in relief as she stares at the clock, her shift is almost over and exhaustion is literally eating her. She has been working for 12 hours straight in HJ Cafe because she is covering the work hours of her co-worker Taeha who is sick right now. Customers were all over the place earlier and considering the fact that she, Daisy and Hyebin(the owner)are the only staffs in the small cafe, they were totally exhausted.

 

“You two can rest for a while, let’s check if there are more people to come, if no one comes lets pack things up and you two may go”. Hyebin, Dabin’s boss which is also her friend, told them while they are resting.

 

“Yeah, I’m really freaking tired, but I’m glad this place is doing well Hyebin, there were alot of people earlier considering this cafe is new” Daisy told Hyebin as they talk to each other, Daisy saw exhaustion in her boss’ eyes so she changed the topic to Jooe, which was Hyebin’s girlfriend, and she smiled as they continued to talk seeing excitement in Hyebin’s eyes.

 

“Yah Yeonwoo!, why are you so quiet, jeez just say something, I thought you were dead” Hyebin shouted at Dabin who is busy looking out at the window. It is already 10:00pm and the cafe is still open even thought it is supposed to be closed an hour ago. Dabin loves to look at her surroundings when she’s tired, like dead tired. She finds it very relaxing.

 

”I’m tired too Hyebin, I wanna go home” Dabin told her friend in a emotionless manner, she can feel her eyelids are dropping. “You can just chat with us you know it won’t make you feel sleepy, you sleepyhead” Daisy responded to Yeonwoo noticing that her eyes are half way of dropping down.

 

Suddenly, they hear the door open, and they were greeted by the presence of a girl wearing a white shirt and jeans. She looks beautiful even though she’s only wearing plain clothes as her long black hair falls down.

 

Yeonwoo’s attention suddenly were diverted to the girl who’s standing, she watches the girl to go to the counter to order with Daisy standing behind it. She was mesmerized of the girl’s features and decided to take a close look. She went to the counter and told Daisy she’ll be the one to assist, Daisy just nodded and smirked at her.

 

Yeonwoo takes a good look on her face as she stares at the menu board, her long lashes, pointed nose, milky skin and her black hair with strands dangling in her face. Yeonwoo was startled by the girl’s beauty but being Lee Dabin, she didn’t show it on her face. She noticed that the girl, just like her, wasn’t giving any expression, she stares at the menu with an emotionless face.

 

“What can I get for you ma’am” Yeonwoo asked the girl who has diverted her attention to Yeonwoo.” One order of oreo milk tea and butterscotch cookies” The girl in front of her replied with a rather cute voice, this made Yeonwoo smile. “And do you know someone named Daisy who’s working here?” The girl asked Yeonwoo. Yes, she’s right there She pointed at a girl who is smirking at Yeonwoo while nonchalantly sitting on a customer’s table.

 

“Daisy, thank God I found you the girl told Daisy who was sitting in one of the chairs. Idiot you didn’t even notice me, I was supposed to be the one at the counter but Yeonwoo insisted” Daisy told her, Yeonwoo was shocked when she told the girl that she insisted to be the on on the counter. The girl looked at her nonchalantly and examined Yeonwoo, Yeonwoo was taken back when she sees that the girl in front of her was like a goddess, she gulped when she noticed that the girl was examining her.

 

“Nancy, why are you here anyways, your mom has sent you here but you are still the Nancy Mcdonie that is stubborn, she told me that she sent you here for you to fix your attitude” Daisy stated clearly.

 

Yeonwoo’s POV

 

I have been listening carefully to their conversation, there is something about this girl that is interesting, maybe her aura is intimidating but her face is just... beautiful.

 

“I dont want to marry Subin” The girl who I believe is Nancy told Daisy. Daisy gave her a shocked expression. “Wait what?! Why are you marrying Subin, but I don’t object it though he seems like a nice guy I covered my ears as Daisy shouted, I went to mix the oreo milk that this girl ordered and also made the butterscotch cookies.

 

“I’m forced to marry him for business, mom and dad told me last week and I refused, mom got angry at me, we got into a fight and dad decided to send me here. Subin’s family is probably looking for me right now, he wants me and its very obvious.”Nancy told Daisy, so I guess that someone is deperate for this girl and wants to marry her but she doesn’t want to.

 

“Jeez girl, I might not know how it feels to be against your family but I know that is very hard and also considering the fact that what they want will surely remove your freedom.” Daisy replied. The girl only nodded and turned her attention to me as I serve her orders.

 

Daisy also looked at me and smirked, I know that smirk, that teasing smirk that Daisy always gives me everytime I face an interesting girl, well because me and Daisy are the only ones who are single in our group of friends, Taeha is with Nayun, Ahin is with Jane, and lastly Hyebin is with Jooe.

 

“Why don’t you sit with us Yeonwoo” Daisy said as she looked at Nancy “Nancy this is Yeonwo or Lee Dabin, she is my friend and one of staffs here, our boss is Hyebin ,my friend, which maybe is already at sleep in the backroom and Jooe who’s not here is Hyebin’s girlfriend. Taeha, who is sick right now, Nayun,Ahin and Jane are also staffs and my friends, to be frank, our circle of friends runs this cafe.” Daisy explained

 

“Good thing Daisy you became more sociable” Nancy replied, she looked at me and I sat beside Daisy. My eyes met and I stared at her for a while and she did the same, not breaking the eye contact.

 

“I’ll just check on Hyebin-unnie, I’ll be right back”Daisy’s voice snapped us back to reality as we diverted our attention to her. We are very silent, I watch her as she swipes her hand to her phone. I suddenly noticed that it is raining.

 

“HYEBIN-UNNIEEEEE!! Wake upppp!!!” I heard a loud booming voice from the backroom which stole our attention, we stood up and went to the backroom and we saw Daisy slapping Hyebin’s cheek as Hyebin’s eyes were still closed. She stood up and twisted Daisy’s hand and Daisy shouted again in pain, we all covered our ears and Hyebin let go of her hand. 

 

“Okay Daisy, lets pack everything up and leave. And who is this new friend of yours Yeonwoo?” Hyebin told me, I looked at the girl who was staring at Hyebin right now.

 

“She’s the one I am talking about Hyebin” Daisy said as she recovered from the pain of her twisted hand. “Okay so you are Nancy, Daisy told me that you will be going here and staying with us, I am glad to meet you” Hyebin smiled and offered her hand. The girl nodded and shaked hands with her.

 

“For now, you will be staying at Yeonwoo’s room for Daisy’s room is small and filthy” Hyebin mocked Daisy. “Yeonwoo, we will be providing a bed for her but for now, you two will sleep togetherl Hyebin told me and a smirk on her lips plastered shortly.

 

After locking the cafe, we went to our rooms and I helped Nancy to carry her baggages and put them in a spare wardrobe in my room, we had never talked and the atmosphere was very awkward. I went to Hyebin’s room to borrow a pillow p.

 

“Hyebin give me some pillow for Nancy” I told Hyebin as I saw her and Jooe were cuddling like dogs. Jooe was already asleep and Hyebin slowly lifted Jooe’s arm that is wrapped arond her. She searched for extra pillows and found two. She quickly gave me the pillow and also an alarm clock.

 

“Give this alarm clock to Daisy, you know that girl never wakes up in the morning by herself” Hyebin told me. I nodded and went to Daisy’s room, I knocked and the door opened. I was greeted by a sleepy Daisy who was smirking at me. I gave her the alarm clock and spoke” What’s with your weird smiles Daisy, it’s creeping me out” She answered “You know Yeonwoo, its not bad to have a lovelife, she might be the one, but she’s a stubborn mashmallow so goodluck of dealing sith her attitude” I never spoke and rolled my eyes at her as she closed the door. I immediately thought of marshmallows, how cute.

 

I went back to my room and I left awestruck at the sight of the girl. She’s wearing a very long shirt that I can barely see her shorts and her hair is dripping wet. It revealed her pale and milky and I suddenly noticed that my breathing quickened.