She knew

Thorned Rose

Yeonwoo’s POV

It feels very awkward while I’m brushing her hair and it at the same time, her stares are melting me right now and I don’t want to return the gaze because of the sensation I’m feeling inside.

 

I avoided her gaze and bowed my head a little bit making me smell her scent, it was very soothing. I suddenly heard her chuckle which stole my attention.

”Why are you laughing?” I asked her while one of my eyebrows are pointing upward. I tried to act as Lee Dabin in front of her but I already know I will fail miserably.

 

”I was supposed to be the one to ask you a question, why are you sniffing me?” my eyes widened and made her chuckle even more. “Its satisfyingly weird, especially when I was only a stranger to you Yeonwoo” she added.

 

I covered my face with both of my hands as I heard her chuckle turn into loud laughs. Damn it, if I just need to act like this to hear her laugh, I’ll do it everyday. Her laugh is such a music to my ears.

Well, I didn’t notice that I was sniffing her loudly. My mouth can’t open itself to defend what I just did so I just sat there, covering my face which is probably red as a tomato.

 

”It’s fine Dabin, since you seem comfortable with me, I just want to let you know that I’m also comfortable with you, I can’t believe it that we met a day ago and we’re already comfortable with each other” Nancy told her and it made her heart jump a bit.

 

”Now, where do you want to go first?” She asked me, I can’t see right now because I was covering my face.

 

”Answer me Yeonwoo” I felt her breath in my ear which made me shiver a bit. After that, I felt two hands trying to remove my hands from my face. I fought back with all the might I could exert but I didn’t expect at all that she’s a bit stronger than me. My grip loosened and I revealed my face.

 

“Let’s go first to the mall, I want to watch a movie” I replied trying to act like nothing embarrassing happened earlier. She nodded and took my hand and dragged me to the girls. Nancy told them that we’re leaving and got out of the apartment. She called a taxi for us.

 

Our ride to the mall was silent and calm. It took us a few minutes and finally we arrived at the mall. We decided to check the movies so that we can pick which one to watch. 

The movies were full of ramnce and drama and there’s only one that horror, and I thought that was interesting and I want to see if Nancy would be scared too. So I told her that we will watch this and decided to pay for tickets.

It was only past 10:00am and the movie will start at 11:00 so decided to look around. I stopped walking when I felt that Nancy has stopped walking too and was looking at a shop with lampshades for sale with different designs.

”Yeonwoo, let’s check here” Nancy called me so I walked to her direction. I entered the shop and saw a bunch of lampshades with unique designs. Nancy let go of my hand and went to the right corner of the shop so I went to the left and looked around. The designs are very artistic, well who could tell that a simple lampshade can bring a shop as huge as this one. 

 

Something stole my attention, it was a small lampshade that has a marshmallow doodle design, I remembered Nancy so I took it and went to the counter to pay for it. When I reached the counter, I saw Nancy holding a lampshade with a fox doodle design.

 

”I didn’t know you’re into foxes” I said. She smiled at me, “It isn’t for me idiot, it’s for you” she replied while holding the lamp near my face. “See, you look like a fox I mean you give me a foxy vibe”.

 

”And I got you something too” I said to her. She looked at what I’m holding and thanked me. We both paid for the lampshades and decided that we will put it on our bedside table.

 

We took another walk around the mall and didn’t see something interesting. So we went back to the cinemas and checked the time, it was 11:00 already and I assume that the movie will start. We entered the cinemas and it was very cold. I hugged myself as the cold air surrounds me.

 

”Are you cold?” Nancy asked me worriedly, she must’ve noticed that I’m shaking as we finally sat down. I nodded in response and she suddenly moved towards me and hugged me. I froze and noticed that my heart is now beating faster than before.

”This was my dad does everytime I feel cold” I hear her whisper. Upon hearing that, I assume that she lives with a peaceful family well except when they forced her to marry someone. She broke the hug and smiled at me.

 

Our attention diverted into the movie as it starts with a creepy music as introduction to the casts. She scooted a little closer to me and rested her head on my shoulders. 

 

Throughout the movie, I was waiting for the moment that she would scream but she only closes her eyes everytime that she feels that there will be a jumpscare and I find it cute again. She seems bored and sleepy when the movie finished, the movie wasn’t that good anyways.

 

”Why everyone in a horror movie is stupid?” she asks me while we’re coming out of the cinemas.

 

”Who can trip over nothing at all?” I chuckled when hearing her complaints about the stupidity of the characters in the movie. 

 

“Do you want to eat now, I think it’s already lunch” I asked her after we came out.

 

”Yes, I feel a bit hungry, we should buy some too for the others” she told me so we started to walk again. While walking, my phone rang, I checked who it was and it’s Jooe.

 

”Hello Yeonwoo, we’re already here with Taeha and Nayun and we have big problem” Jooe started to blabber in the other line. I can clearly hear sobs and someone who’s scolding. I can say it’s Ahin and Hyebin.

 

”Taeha-unnie made a mistake, she barged into the room and screamed at Ahin about what she did last night, and it was too late when she noticed that Jane was with them in the room” I facepalmed myself on what happened. Now, I’m completely nervous of what will Jooe say next.

 

”Jane lost it and they got into a fight, we tried to stop them but we can’t” Jooe continued.

 

”Jane-unnie ran away, we can’t open their cafe now and we have to find her as soon as possible, I don’t want to search in bars again you know.”

 

”Another problem is... we don’t have any clue of where could she be Dabin, damn it” I heard her sigh in frustration.

 

”I’m sorry, we didn’t chase after her, she ran fast and everyone’s crying especially Ahin who hyperventilated earlier, we need your help Yeonwoo”

 

”Ok, we’re coming” I quickly ended the call and turned to Nancy who seems to be curious of what the phonecall is about. 

Jane already knew” I told her.

 

 

Here is a short chapter for y’all, I appreciate the reads, comments and subs, thank you.