Beautiful Midnight

You, The One Who Smiles

HYEJIN POV

Gosh..I just took a rest and someone around here is being noisy..Is Hani back already..? Wait, w-where is my pho-- HANI!!!!

"Mmmh, a message by Yongsun. Already fell inlove with the painter? How old is she even?", I can't believe she's looking through my phone. Yes, she's my older sister, but that does not give her the right to look through my pphone and who texted me. "Pabo. You were here, sleeping, when we told you to be there at 9p.m, Eomma meant to be there for dinner, not to sleep.", gosh, she can be really annoying. Can she just stop nagging at me? "Seems like you ditched your family for some random girl you met outside, huh?!", now she crossed the line. I couldn't help but yell at her. "Says who, Ms Heeyeon or should I call you Mrs. Kim?!", her face went blank and was wide open. Whenever I would mention anything about her boyfriend, she would beg me to not tell a thing to our parents since they didn't allow any of us to be in a relationship yet. "Hyejinnie, you know I love you, you're my little sister. So if you ing love me don't you dare say anything about Seokjin to them!", I just laughed at her. "Sure. Now give me my phone back." She threw my phone right infront on my legs so I could pick it up. I was waiting for Yongsun to text me for this whole while and I happy I can finally talk to her.


PAINTMEBLUESUN

Hello there Hyejin, I just wanted to thank you for this great day.

I really enjoyed being in your company and I hope we can see each other again and keep in contact.

Xoxo, Yongsun.

Awwwww, how am I supposed to keep calm when she's already attacking me with her charm like this?!

HYEHEYJIN

Oh..Hey. Yes thank you too I hope we become good friends.

PAINTMEBLUESUN

I'm glad the feeling's mutual.

I hope you don't mind if I wanna steal your time for awhile.

HYEHEYJIN

Oh, that's okay. I don't have anything to do anyways.

PAINTMEBLUESUN

That's awesome. Where do you live and where do you go to school?

Also, what's your uality and what's your hobby?

What the..Why the would she wanna know where I go to school?

HYEHEYJIN

Uhm..I live in Jeonju, but..why do you wanna know where I go to school?

PAINTMEBLUESUN

Molla. Maybe I just wanna pick you up someday and help you with homework.

What about my other questions?

HYEHEYJIN

I am a lesbian. I assume you are straight? Any guy would fall for you.

I just like to read books and I love cooking.

PAINTMEBLUESUN

Totally wrong, Hye. I am lesbian, too.

Maybe they'd die for me, but I'd only die for girls.

Oh, what's your favourite dish?

May I know your school's address now?

HYEHEYJIN

You are?! I mean, it's not like I didn't hope for that, but, you are?!

I love marinated crabs.

Oh..Sure..It's Wongkang Information Arts High School.

PAINTMEBLUESUN

Awesome.

How long will you stay in China?

HYEHEYJIN

We will actually fly back tomorrow at 4p.m

PAINTMEBLUESUN

What a coincidence, me too.

Sit next to me.

HYEHEYJIN

I doubt my sister would allow this.

 

PAINTMEBLUESUN

Why?

HYEHEYJIN

Ever since they found out I'm a lesbian, they think I'm having a thing with every girl around me.

 

PAINTMEBLUESUN

It's hard to not like you.

What is this strange feeling? Why does this make me feel loved?

HYEHEYJIN

Actually, it is.

I am a really scary person if I am mad.

PAINTMEBLUESUN

But right now you're just cute and lovely. So?

Please sit next to me tomorrow.

I have a lot of drawings to show you, plus I want to get to know you deeper.

HYEHEYJIN

I am afraid that I can't, I'm sorry Yongsun.

PAINTMEBLUESUN

Come on, please!

Can I atleast show you around Seoul?

Tomorrow?

HYEHEYJIN

I can ask my dad.

PAINTMEBLUESUN

Yes!

I am so excited.

Get some sleep, cutie. Good night.

HYEHEYJIN

Good night.


HYEJIN POV

Gosh, what kind of conversation was that? How dare she call me a cutie? Does she realize what she's doing to me? And how will I ask dad about going around a city I've never been with a girl I barely know? He will be so mad at me..

"Hani, are mom & dad still awake?", she threw an annoyed look to me, as if something bugged her or as if she was knowing something I didn't know. "Yes. They are sleeping, we should too. We have a flight to catch tomorrow. You had any questions?", I hesitated to not tell her anything about what Yongsun and I talked about. She would flip out and tell me about safety once again. "No..Nothing. Good night Unnie. I love you."

YONGSUN POV

Isn't she lovely? I might sound creepy, but I swear I am not. She really caught my attention with her tan skin, black hair, dark eyes & her lovely voice. She really got me when they were standing infront of me asking me about my work. I am not the type to develope a crush on first sight, but maybe today, it happened. I get what I want.

I will make sure to meet her family and her at the airport tomorrow to ask her family personally to have her with me. Great idea, isn't it?


4p.m, at the airport

"Heeyeon, Hyejin, always stay with us, yeah? Don't let anyone take you with them.", both of the girls nodded while Hyejin clinged onto her sisters arm, she was very scared of the crowd, Hani didn't bother, she loved it. She loved it to know that someone she loves is loving her back. Her little sister means everything to her. Her face became from happy to annoyed. "Oh look. Your Ms. Painter is here too.", she looked at her with wide eyes and excitement. "Where unnie where?!", she rolled her eyes at me, she just couldn't stand it when her sister was being excited about someone who isn't her. "Oh look girls, the painter from yesterday is here too. She seems lonely, we should call her over.", Hani wasn't prepared for that at all, she didn't think her parents would say that. "Mom she i--", "Hello Ms. Kim! Come over to us!", Hani sighed big time but couldn't keep going when she saw her sister being all happy. She needs to learn that her sister will find someone in her life someday and that it isn't going to be her forever. As Yongsun walked over to the family, Hyejin pulled the girl in a tight hug which left her parents speechless, the girl shocked and Hani jealous.

"Oh, I-I am sorry Yongsun.", the painter smiled brightly at the girl. "It's alright.", she pulled the the younger girl in a hug to return the hug. She let go after short time and approached her parents. "You have an amazing together. You surely raised her well. Thank you for giving the the chance to know about your daughter.", the parents smiled widely and shaken hands with the older girl. She realized that someone was jealous and didn't left her out of talking too. "I know you think bad about me because you are afraid to lose your sister, I was in the same position. I am meaning no harm, I am not trying to get you both separated.", these words lifted Hani up, maybe these were the words she needed to hear.

"Mom, Dad!! You now know Yongsun!! Can I sit next to her and can she show me around Seoul?", her parents seemed very skeptical and called Yongsun over to them. They began asking her a lot of questions.

"How old are you, Yongsun?" - "I am 20 years old."

"Where do you live?" - "In Gangnam, Sir."

"Do you live alone?" - "Yes Ma'am, I do."

"Do you have a car?" - "Yes, I do."

"Well, I think that's okay then. We don't want Hyejin to come back home late, would it be possible for you to let her stay over?", Hani, Hyejin & Yongsun all had an 'O' expression up on their faces. Who would have taught that Hyejin should sleep over? It was so random that it took everyone of them a few minutes to realize what just happened. "Eh..I..Yes sure. I am okay with that.", they patted her shoulders and smiled at her. "Take care of our daughter and please bring her home tomorrow. You can stay over for dinner.", she bowed infront of them and took Hyejin's hand as they watched the others walk away to make it easier for them to let go for today.

Hyejin tugged on the other girl and demanded a hug which made the older one feel slightly uncomfortable but also worried. She realized that when more people walked past them, she clinged on her way tighter. "Are you afraid of the crowd, Hyejinnie?", the girl just nodded without realizing by what nickname she just got called. "Don't worry, I'll be there to protect you if you're scared."

4 hours have passed by and the girls were finally on the plane and their way back to South Korea. After arriving in Seoul, Yongsun took Hyejin's hand and pulled her fastly.

 

"Come on, I have a lot planned!"