A Nice Day

You, The One Who Smiles

Hours have passed and both couples had a lot of fun playing games, getting to know each other better and laughing together. It's as if all of Hyejin's thoughts and worries have been taken away. She didn't feel sad for once. "So..It's 7p.m, uh..Hani, would you like to see Seoul?", Yongsun raised an eyebrow and looked at the boy who did the same to break her seriousness. "I will bring her back tomorrow morning, don't worry.", Yongsun nodded and lead the couple to the door. She watched them walk away. She walked back to the living room to come back at her lover but instead of seeing the happy Hyejin she just witnessed a few minutes ago, she saw a girl who was lost in her thoughts and couldn't find back to reality. "Hyejin, look at me.", she got no response. She repeated her name a couple more times, without success. Tears began to fall down Hyejin's face, which she didn't even notice. She was trapped in her guilty feeling. Yongsun shaked her lover lightly and began to worry. "Baby..It's me. Look at me.", the fact that she would not get a response from Hyejin made her suffer badly. She rushed to get her phone from the kitchen and dialed her mother's number fastly, this was a really scary moment for her and she hated that she couldn't do anything about this.

"Oh Yongsun, it's nice that you're calling. How are my girls doing?"

"Hani is doing fine. But I am calling to ask about Hyejin"

What do you mean with 'ask about Hyejin'?"

"Something is wrong with her, it's scaring me out and I wanted to ask you if I can do anything about it."

"She was lost in her thoughts and is not responding to me."

"She has that sometimes, she should be fine in a minute."

"She will just reach for a hug as soon as it's over. Don't worry"

"Oh okay. Thank you ma'am. I hope you're doing fine."

"I am fine. Thank you. Take care of my daughters."


"Baby..It's me, you're safe. Please respond to me..", she kept talking to her lover for a response, she didn't wanna accept the fact that she couldn't do anything. She pulled the younger girl into a hug to give her some warmth until she was responsive again. It didn't take long for Hyejin to come back into reality, she was shocked at first since she forgot where she was and tried to pull away, but Yongsun has tighten the hug and didn't let go of Hyejin that easily. "It's me babe..", Hyejin turned around and slung her hands around Yongsun's neck pressed herself against her chest. "I'm so sorry you had to see me like this..", Yongsun lifted Hyejin's chin to make her look at her and flashed a smile. "There's no reason to be sorry.", she pulled Hyejin into a kiss and deepened it by each second. The kiss began so intense that after a minute, Yongsun has been on top of Hyejin. It all got to the point their tongues crashed together and Hyejin pulled away due to surprise. Yongsun got up quickly but Hyejin took her hand and pulled her back. She looked at her with wide eyes but began to laugh loudly and held Yongsun against her chest and slung her legs around her waist. "I love you Yongie!! Uh, Yongiee?", she let the girl out of her grip, who was out of breathe and her hair messed up. She blew the air out of her face. "I love you too, baby."


It's been 2 weeks and no night has passed with Hani getting picked up by Seokjin, Haruki being needy or Yongsun & Hyejin cuddling while watching a movie. Today hurted Hyejin badly. She was standing infront of her family's door and held Yongsun's hands. "I don't want you to go home, nor I want to go home..Let me stay with you..", Yongsun tugged some hair behind Hyejin's ear and held her cheek. "Don't worry baby, I'll try to come often so that we can spent some time. I love you.", she kissed the girls forehead. "Have a nice day at school tomorrow.", Hyejin didn't let go of Yongsun's hand, she tried to keep her with all her strength and pulled the girl back as she tried to leave the place. "Don't go..", Yongsun smiled at her girlfriend and held both her hands once again. "I got to. We both have a busy day tomorrow. I will text you as soon as I arrived home. I love you, Hyejin.", she gave the younger girl a peck on her lips and let go of her hands and walked back to her car. "Don't worry, you'll see her soon again.", Hani slung an arm around her sister, who was pretty upset at the moment and wasn't really trying to have a conversation. "Hmpf..Yeah..", Hyejin knocked on their housedoor and waited for someone to open it up. She knocked 3 times but no one was around, the sisters were left out of their own house. It was unusal for the girls, usually, someone would always be there to open the door, to greet them, to have fun with them, but today everything felt as the world was against them. "This is not fair..", Hyejin pouted and took a seat on their doorways stair and supported her head with her hands. "Can't we just take a train to Seoul..", Hani sat next to her little sister and crossed her arms and played with her fingers. "You know, we can. But where would we stay? What about school?", Hani took a breathe and looked at her sister. "I get it, you're in love. I didn't act differently when I first met Seokjin. But..You need to focus on school, on your future career. Yongsun told you the same.", Hyejin faced her sister and had an upset expression up on her face and sighed. "Am I annoying her already Hani?", Hani slung an arm around her sister and rubbed her shoulder. "No, she loves you. She just wants you to do well in sc-- Wheein!", the sisters got distracted by seeing the said girl's name, but she didn't seem all to happy aswell. She walked over to the girls and hugged both Hyejin and Hani. "Why are you guys not in the house?", Hyejin sighed and answered her bestfriend. "Seems like our parents forgot we'll be coming home today.", Wheein let out a small laughter and left the girls in confusion. "What a coincidence. My grandma forgot too.", after a short silence, Hani facepalmed herself and let out a heavy laughter. "No wonder! It's the schools information day. They will be busy there.", Hyejin and Wheein exchanged some looks and began to laugh aswell until Hyejin pulled Wheein in a hug and ended up cuddling on the floor. "Hyejinahhhh pick me up tomorrow, let's go to school together.", Hyejin nodded and continued to hug the girl.

"..You'll attend class together", the girls jumped up and down knowing they would finally go to class together. To be honest, both knew it isn't a good idea. They'd be distracting theirself nonestop and rather talk about stuff that irrelevant to their studies.


"Hyejin, wake up..Hyejin, school is starting in two hours..Hyej-- Hyejin what is that on your neck?!", Hyejin rubbed her eyes and her head before even being able to fully wake up. Something bothered her mother for her to yell around like this and she didn't like it at all. "Mom..What's wrong..", her mother pulled her pillow and her blanket away which forced Hyejin to sit up, her hair was messy and her voice was raspy, she didn't really feel like talking to her mother right now. "What is that on your neck?!", Hyejin blew a strained hair out of her face and gave her mother an annoyed look. "Is that a hickey?!", she rolled her eyes and fell back on her bed and tried to blend out the voice of her mother. "Did you have ?! You didn---", Hyejin got up quickly and gave her mother an even more annoyed look. "No, we didn't have .". Her mother raised an eyebrow and didn't really believe her younger daughter. "If you say so, wash yourself and come down for breakfast. You'll have to go soon."

"..Oh, Hyejin. Picking up Wheein?", Hyejin nodded and waited outside the door for her bestfriend. She has been scrolling around in her phone and looked at her photo gallery. She opened a picture of Yongsun and her and a big smile began to form on her face. While waiting for a friend and looking at the picture that would always warm up her heart, as if it's destiny, she got a message by Yongsun.

"Hello baby! Today is your first day of school, I hope you'll enjoy it. I love you!", she smiled brightly but was unable to reply due to Wheein already standing infront of her lurking. "Hyejinnie!", she slung her arms around Hyejin's neck and hugged her very tight. "I am happy you came to pick me up!", she took one hand of Hyejin and led her the way to their school. Hyejin and Wheein's friendship is very personal, they've known each other since they were 10 years old and there wasn't one single day they weren't there for each other. Hyejin would always pick up Wheein when they'd go to school, Wheein would always take Hyejin with her when she's travelling. Hyejin loves Wheein, she truely does. But she feels guilty to keep Yongsun a secret from her, she doesn't wants Wheein to feel like she's been replaced when she finds out that her bestfriend has a girlfriend. Wheein is very protective of Hyejin, she noticed the 'bruise' on her neck and stopped walking. "Hyejin, what's this bruise on your neck?", Hyejin laughed at her bestfriend who rather was worried and didn't want to calm down. "Did someone h--", Hyejin laughed even louder and pulled her friend in a tight hug. "Stop worrying, Wheepup"

.

.

"Hyejin..This class is scary. Look at the teacher", Hyejin nodded and got closer to her bestfriend to whisper some words into her ear. "He looks like a horse.", Wheein has put both hands infront of and her head began to turn red, she wanted to laugh, but she also didn't want to cause trouble at the first day of school. 

It's been 4 hours and the girls were bored. The teacher was talking slow, didn't talk about anything that was related to school and their classmates are quiet and rather like to learn than to have fun. Their contrast was scary, they felt already that they won't come along with them well. As Hyejin wanted to ask Wheein something, she found her bestfriend fast asleep on the table. She took out her phone and saw a notification for a message she's been receiving

"Hello baby. How's your first day at school? Do you want me to pick you up today?", a bright smile has formed on Hyejin's face as she saw that message. It's been only 1 day they're apart, but she hated it. She hated the feeling of missing someone she already loved so much. 

"It's boring. The teacher..I do not like him. Yes!! School ends in 2 hours."

"Alright, I'll see you soon then. I love you!"

"I love you too!"


"..Anyways, I need to go to my grandma as soon as possible. Will you come with me, Hyejinnie?", Hyejin rubbed her neck and was in a little shock, she doesn't know how to say no to Wheein nor she knows how to tell her that she will not follow her home in fear to hurt her feelings. "Oh, my uncle comes by any moment. Maybe tomorrow", Wheein gave her a small pout but laughed it off soon enough and gave Hyejin her sweetest smile. "That's alright for me, bye bye!"

Hyejin waved her bestfriend goodbye but was interrupted as she felt someone pushing her shoulder. She turned around to see who it was, and it was no other than the boy who has a crush on Hyejin since 3 years. He just wouldn't leave her alone and gets too touchy whenever he sees the chance of coming close to her. "Leave me alone, Mino.", he laughed as if he had something planned and took Hyejin by both her wrists, pulling her close and not leaving any space left. He loved her so much and didn't want to lose her to someone else at any price, if only he'd know. He knows she's a lesbian but yet, he would bother Hyejin like that.

"You're mine, Ahn, stop rejecting me like that.", he held her wrists even tighter, leaving Hyejin in pain. "Excuse me, what are you doing with her?", a familiar voice was being heard, a smile has formed up on Hyejin's face as she identified the voice as her girlfriend. "Who the are you? I am just holding my girlfriend.", a heavy laughter came from Yongsun as she listened to the words he said. She couldn't believe he was that naive and realize that he was wrong. "I am Hyejin's girlfriend, let her out of your grip.". He stared at Hyejin in shock for a long time and let go and ran away, this broke his heart, but it's his own fault.

 

"You're mine, Hyejin. Only mine"