A Night In Shanghai

You, The One Who Smiles

On a lovely summer day, with the sun shining down on the people in Shangai and everyone enjoying the air and scent of blooming flowers. The same case was for Ahn Hyejin, a korean student who came to China for a vacation with her family. She had school break and her family thought it was a good idea to travel for a while. Hyejin didn't enjoy it so much, she wanted her best friend, Wheein, to come with her. But she knew it wasn't possible so she just texted her pictures. 

Today, her family and her went out for a walk in the city to see some architectures and art from history. Hyejin wasn't really excited, she clinged to her older sister, Hani and kept poking her. It was not long before they found a korean writting. It caught everyone's attention and the looked over at the girl who was drawing those. 

"Annyeonghaesyo, Ahn Heeyeon imnida.", Hani greeted the artist which gave her a bright smile on her face. "Annyeong, Kim Yongsun imnida.", Hyejin stared at the girl the whole time. She was breathtaking. It wasn't being unnoticed by the artist, she giggled and then asked her. "Who are you, young one? Come take a seat next to me."

Hyejin shaked herself awake and sat beside the girl. "My name is Hyejin.", she took some time to look at those drawings. "Why are you in China, are you here for work?", Yongsun giggled to herself and flashed a smile at the younger one. "No, I am actually here for vacation but since I am a painter, I am drawing beautiful things I see.", Hyejin looked at her with wide eyes until she heard a voice she didn't wanna hear. "Hyejin! Come on, we will go on exploring China!", Hyejin sighed and gave her sister an annoyed look. "But I wanna stay here and ask Artist Kim some questions", her mom got a little mad. "Hyejin, come here now. You are k--", the mother got cut off by the artist. "It's okay, she doesn't bothers me. I would love to answer her questions.", the family nodded in defeat and told Hyejin last words. "Be back at the hotel at 9p.m, see you later."

"How old are you, Hyejin?", "I am 16.", Yongsun stared at the girl with wide eyes. "I thought you were atleast 19 by the way you look.", Hyejin and Yongsun laughed with each other. "I assume you are 20, Ms. Artist?", Yongsun nodded. Hyejin watched her drawing for 2 hours and asked her a lot of questions which left the girls laughing a lot of times until Yongsun broke the silence. "I'm hungry, I know a good restaurant here. Do you wanna come with me?", Hyejin was a little confused. "I have no money.", Yongsun giggled. "That's no problem, I will pay for you.", Hyejin nodded and they walked to the restaurant together. They crossed a big street and without realizing, Yongsun took Hyejin's hand which left a lot of stares of them. It wasn't being unnoticed by Hyejin. "Yongsun-unnie, why are you holding my hand?", Yongsun looked down, but she didn't pull away. "It's a big street and since I am older, I am caring about your safety.", she looked at the younger girl and flashed a smile at her which left Hyejin all red in her face. 

They both entered the restaurant called Tien Du and took a seat. "So Hyejin, can I know more about you?", Hyejin nodded. "I am currently in high school and wanna finish it to pursue a career as fashion designer. It might sound unbelievable, but I really wanna do that.", Yongsun nodded and without Hyejin realizing, she has noted that on a paper. "This might sound weird, but if you really pursue that, I can help you drawing your designs. Do you have KKT so we can keep in contact?", Hyejin nodded and told Yongsun her handle so that she can add her. "Added! That's a cute profile picture, who is the girl next to you, your girlfriend?", Hyejin bursted out in laughter. "Oh my god, no! That's Wheein, my best friend.", Yongsun stared at her and gave a small smile. "Anyways, you have to return to your hotel at 9p.m and we only got 2 hours left. Which hotel is the one you're staying at? I will bring you back." Hyejin gave her a confused look but then answered. "Le Royal Meridien". 

2 hours have passed and Yongsun got the younger one back. "I will text you once I am in my hotel room, goodbye for now, Hyejin.", Hyejin waved at Yongsun. She was talking to herself

HYEJIN POV

Oh my god, that was the coolest way to meet anyone. I am friends with an artist now!  She is really cute tho..Aish Hyejin, that girl is 20 years old and you only know her for a day, stop being this naive. No, but forreal, she is cute and very talented. I won't tell Wheein I made a new friend tho, she might be jealous..

Oh god Hani just texted me and bombared me asking if I am in our hotel room already..Well maybe if she came around and looked in she would know. I am not ready for her to ask me out what I've done with Yongsun, ever since she found out I am a lesbian, she thinks I am doing stuff with every girl I meet. Such an annoying sister, sometimes I wish I were the older one. Anyways I will lie down and rest a bit until Yongsun is texting me..

YONGSUN POV

16 years old..Ahn Hyejin..From Jeonju..That's all I need to know. She seemed really excited about my drawings, she was the first one to ask me about this at all. Maybe she just did so cause they saw I am korean or they truly wanted to know. She looks really fierce, I feel dumb for thinking she is 19 tho, this was really tricky--Ah Yongsun what are you thinking? She's too young for you yet. A 16 year old wouldn't want you, it's too early to like someone at the first time seeing them. I mean, I felt comfortable being around her, but no..Whatever. I will make my way to the hotel and then text her.