What Does She Want? What Do I Want? What Do We Want?

If I Died

 

 “Well here we are. This is my apartment, it’s not much but it does well. Make yourself at home.” She said while motioning me to walk down the hallway. For a person who is living alone her apartment was quite large, one large bedroom connecting from the spacious living room, and a small little studying corner. Who knew working at a small cafe could be so rewarding. http://freshome.com/2010/05/05/welcoming-good-taste-scandinavian-flat-design/ “Hoya do you want anything to eat or to drink?” She yelled from the kitchen. I didn’t want anything so I didn’t respond. I look around her living room, pictures hung on the walls and in frames on the window sill.

“Hoya do you want something to eat?” I heard her say much softer this time. I turn around to see her standing behind me looking me in the eyes. “No. I’m okay.” I murmured quietly as I stood there awkward. “Oh okay then. I have to get to work soon so I’m going to get changed, just wait out here.”  She walked into her room and closed the folding doors.

I sat down onto the couch, trying to relax a bit but I couldn’t sit still. I got up and started looking around. I noticed one of her pictures and picked up the frame, she was at an amusement park holding a stuffed animal with a huge smile on her face.

I remember when I took you on our first date; it was at an amusement park in the summer. You hated it, you never liked being in crowded places. You always like being in secluded places, maybe that’s why you liked the beach so much. You loved being in the open space.

I smiled at the memory and placed the photo down. I noticed another photo, a photo with Minhee and what looks to be her family. They were all smiling and laughing at a park having a picnic. I sat back down on the couch a laid down. A painful smile came upon my face.

You and your parents never got along very well. Your dad wasn’t exactly abusive but he would yell a lot, and your mom. Well she was a wreck, an alcoholic who never cared much about anyone but herself. I hated meeting your parents. I shutter of just thinking about it.

“Hoya let’s go.” I turn my head and see her in her white and black uniform with her hair tied back with a red bow. You hated bows and the color red. I got up and walked down the hall to the door with Minhee behind me. As I was putting on my shoes I noticed one more picture that was hanging on the wall. This time it was a picture of Minhee with boy.

“Who’s that?” I whispered. “That’s Sunggyu, he was my boyfriend.” I turn around and noticed her standing behind me, but this time she wasn’t looking at me, she was staring right past me and looking at the picture frame. “Was? Why do you have a picture of your ex boyfriend on the wall? Don’t you think that’s kind of weird” I ask nervously. She leaned back on the wall. “We didn’t actually break up.” She said with a sadden tone in her voice, which was somehow odd to me. Her tone has always been positive but now she seems as mono toned as I am. “What do you mean you actually didn’t break up? You make no sense.” I asked with a new found curiosity. Still not looking at me she said. “He killed himself.” I swear I felt my heart jump. “W-what?” I stuttered. “He was depressed and he felt like he was lost. I guess he felt empty.” She lowered her gaze to the floor and took a deep breath in. She then looked back up to me and stared into my eyes.

“When we looked deeply into each other’s eyes what did you see? I saw lust, desire, want, need and, love. What did you see? Did you see the same things I saw, or did you only see your own reflection.”

Those were the words you wrote in your letter, those are the words that are in my mind when I look at her. In her eyes I don’t see lust or love; I see desire, want and need, but what does she desire? What does she need? What does she want? From what I know in my gut Minhee is nothing like you, but instead in her eyes, in her soul I see what I didn’t see in you. In her I see myself, my reflection, my heartache, my pain, my suffering. How is that even possible?  

What do I need? Happiness? Maybe love? I don’t know this is too much for me to handle.

My eyes began to water. I open the door and angrily walk out; as I walk out I can hear her crash onto the floor and start sobbing.  She’s just as confused as I am.

 I step out of the building pulling out my phone to see 40 missed messages from Dongwoo. Crap I forgot to call him. I dial his number and call him back.

“Hello Hoya, is that you.”

“Yeah it is, sorry I didn’t call you. Something sort of happened.” I say trying to make it sound like I wasn’t crying.

“Is it something bad? Do I need bail you out?”

“No man, but I’m kind of lost.”

“Try to describe where you are now.”

“I’m in front of an apartment building. 10345 is the building address.”

“Don’t worry, I know where that is, stay there. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.”

“Alright cool.”

I wiped the tear off my face and stood against the building and looked up at the sky.

Minhee I know you’re hurt, but the only thing different between you and I is that you’re healing and I haven’t even begun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sup Guys! How have you been doing? Short update I know but its better then no update right?

Anyways... INFINITES COMEBACK~~ The Chaser MV was awesome, was it not? 

Tell me what you think about the song or the mini album and tell me what you think about the this chapter or how the story is so far.

Bye.