I got you Something

Alphabet Soup
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a long, heavy silence.

There was a long, heavy silence.

Again, there was a long, and heavy silence.

Apparently, Yoon Jeonghan wasn't only lazy. He was stupid, too. He kept on pushing the proposal up until the last minute, thinking he has the entire vacation to propose without interference from anyone. He never thought that the very person whom he would propose to would be the cause of that interference because she got sick. He, then, kept on pushing the proposal until the day she got better. He, then, never thought that the day might not happen in Greece.

His train of thought got cut when he noticed the continuous talks the boys are having over the phone. It was amazing that he got to block out any noise, because apparently, they were shouting already to get his attention.

Minghao's voice rose above the sea of noise from the phone. Exasperated, he claimed, "Hyung! What the hell were you guys even doing there? Too busy getting bee-zey? We were busy here, too, preparing banners and stuff for your return-"

"Jihoon hyung even made a song for Dokyeom hyung to sing, what the actual fu-" "No cussing, Boo Seungkwan! How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"You have no right to say that you also cussed on-cam, Soonyoung Hyung!"  "Hey, I cut myself mid-way you know, and that was years ago, too!  Mingyu, can you please just let that go?"

Jun and Dokyeom were joining in on the fuss, saying that Hana's probably expecting the proposal to happen, too and may be disappointed that it still isn't happening. Wonwoo's low voice is just blending in the background since he's too sleepy to raise his voice and get mad. Joshua was trying to steer back the conversation to Jeonghan's proposal-less crisis, but he was too baffled by the talks done left and right. He was supposed to get to Vernon to call on everyone's attention to shut their traps, until that wasn't exactly necessary anymore. Everyone just stopped talking when they heard a long beep reaching their ears.

"Josh hyung, I think Jeonghan hyung just hung up on us." Vernon told Joshua. This is when Joshua snapped. "Why do you guys have to be so noisy all at once!? Now how are we going to call him back again?"

Back in Greece, Jeonghan stared blacnkly at the now silent phone. No, he did not hang up, but the line was cut due to data usage limit. Online calls aren't exactly that cheap, too. Somehow he was relieved that the call was cut, because that was when Hana was calling his attention faintly from upstairs. "Jeonghan, are you there? Mind going here for a while?" "Sure, Hana. Just give me a sec."

Jeonghan looked at himself in front of a spatula's reflection to not show his tensed look to his girlfriend before going to her. Damn, now he has to act like everything is all right when it certainly isn't!

Upon  approaching Hana's bedroom door, he neated himself and cleared his throat once more before showing himself. "Yes Hana, how are you feeling, dear?"

"Hey, good morning to you, too, lazy bum. What's going on and you're up earlier than expected of you?" Hana teases. Nervous, he stutters. "I-I went out for a small stroll around the neighborhood. Just trying to capture everything before we leave."

Hana sits up, but finds the task to be done on her own, so Jeonghan assists her anyway. Hana looks dead straight to Jeonghan and sighs deeply, still holding on to him. "Gosh, Jeonghan, I'm so sorry. If I could just get better right now I could've raced you towards the sites that we're supposed to see before we head home tomorrow." As much as he is nervous around Hana now, he can't help but to soften up cup her face with his soft hands. "Hey, it's all right, okay? This is still a wonderful trip, because I did the trip with you. Now rest up, I'll try to make you some food."

Relieved that Jeonghan isn't upset with her as she is with herself, she tries to steer the conversation on a lighter note. "For the entire time that we're here, you haven't been cooking, why the sudden change of heart? Did you buy some canned goods because that's all we can afford now?"

This is when Jeonghan was able to pick something up from what she said. Maybe he can turn things around on their last day, albeit a surprise that it has to be through his below-average type of cooking. But his plan might just work. It better work, or if not it will be the end of him.

"Just stay put and rest, okay? I can't have you go back to Korea sick. Mom might be worried more about you then her own child." He joins in on the light mood of their talk, but races down to the kitchen anyway. This leaves Hana surprised for a bit, but sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter