Waking Up

Alphabet Soup
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seo Hana was cursing herself under her breath, and probably under the covers, too.

She's not a morning person, but she's not hating the sun shining brightly outside her bedside window. If anything, she hates herself for sneezing as many times as she can count before she got light-headed. How she longed to be outside right now, to see the birds where she hears those chirping sounds, to feel the warmth she can never feel on the streets of Seoul due to its naturally cool climate, to see the summery outfits of natives in the public market, who will probably ask them to buy various products with bright smiles on their faces.

But no. Those sneezes meant that her condition will only get worse, and it's already her last day abroad.

She places a hand on her own forehead to check her temperature, but it's to no use. She can't feel any difference. She still feels hot, and her vision's not helping, too.

Hana wonders where she got this illness, though. She remembers eating well the night before the flight. What she ate, she probably forgot. She has a habit to eat unhealthy kinds of junk when she's excited. Oh, and she was definitely excited to be here in Greece, the cradle of Western Civilization, where she knows that history's to be unfolded in front of her eyes wherever she looks. This brings her again to a state of despair, reminding herself that she expensively got sick. She gets her camera on the table beside her side of the bed. Sighing, she exclaims that she wasn't even able to fill her camera with precious memories, too. Only pictures where she was in the airport, and a sleeping figure of her lazy boyfriend onboard.

She sneezed once again, causing her to grunt in pain because of .

What a lame trip, she thought.

 

Downstairs in their cheap Airbnb home, her lazy boyfriend just arrived from a quick stop to the public market, with tons of cooking ingredients on one hand, and a gelato on the other.

Looking for things to cook isn't an easy task for Yoon Jeonghan, as he isn't always the designated chef between the two of them - or with their clique really. Hana's the more decent cook. But since Hana's sick, and no one's there cook for them, he has to leave his lazy somewhere out of this house. He looks at his wristwatch and thinks that maybe she's already awake. Downing the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter