Mission America

ANIMALS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed since the last mission went into flames, quite literally, for NIA. And today, the team was gathering again to review the plan and take next course of action. Leetuek, Hyukjae a.k.a Eunhyuk, Jongwoon a.k.a Yesung, Kyuhyun a.k.a Guixian and Youngwoon a.k.a Kangin were all present for the meeting and were also joined by some another IT team, who had cracked the CD and a tracking team, who helped them with their under-cover. They had been keeping an eye on the Lee corp. and had found no clue as to how the bombs had been placed into the compound so the idea that some other party was involved was first proposed by them.

Leetuek started, “actually, that is not just your conclusion, that is the same conclusion we reached. But first let’s hear the opinion of the team on field.”

Yesung was first one to put up his opinions, mainly because he was the only one among four with any opinion at all. Others were too busy last week to think anything. He did share his ideas with rest of the team during their return, but did not receive any enthusiastic reply because other 2 were more interested in teasing Hyukjae about his adventures with the brunette and the red-haired was recently thinking about only one thing, his angel. It was, in fact, during their return journey, when Hyukjae realized, how badly attracted he was to brunette, he was never going to meet again. Sharing those thoughts with his other 3 friends, however, was a mistake he regretted every second after that because of the constant teasing and comments. But once they were back to Seoul, everything was forgotten, all of their drinking streaks, one night stands, everything. They knew they cannot afford distraction in their kind of profession and were trained well to keep their personal dramas out of the NIA environment, or so Hyukjae thought was supposed to be the situation.

“We think so too. The bomb blew within 2 minutes of us getting out of compound. And we were all around the compound too, so Bomb could not have been placed during that time. Means, it was placed when were in the compound. But why didn’t they blow when we were inside? We infiltrated their place, they should want to get rid of us too. Means it was someone else, not the vipers. And that someone else only had the intention to get rid of those viper guys and the evidence we were holding. They had no intention to get in wrong terms with NIA. That’s why they waited for us to get out.” Said Yesung.

“All 4 think the same?” Leetuek confirmed with a slight agreement with Yesung’s point showing on his face.

Yesung scoffed, “Actually only I think that, because others were busy drinking and falling in love last week.”

“Excuse me?”, Eunhyuk, Kangin, Guixian shouted loudly all at once, shocked at the sudden remark.

Eunhyuk hissed, “You will take that statement back right now.” He was beyond frustrated with his friend’s jokes about his time with brunette. Last thing he needed was a comment on the issue in the middle of a meeting. He was attracted to the brunette, Yes, he would not deny that, but it was not even close to love, and his friend’s remarks were confusing him and irritating him further, and he did not want any of that drama to haunt him while he was doing his job.

“Silence. We are not here to discuss your personal drama. Do you 3 agree with his point?” Leetuek knew his four favorite men well, and could tell something had happened last week. But he did not expect that they would start arguing over it in the middle of a meeting. Actually, Yesung commenting on issues was not a new thing, it was Eunhyuk’s reaction that was stranger. He never cared even if someone commented on him, as long as his private life was not revealed, let alone getting angry and increasing the argument.

“Yeah, that’s the only explanation. Because I still believe that vipers don’t have what it takes to break our defenses. It was someone else, and someone really skilled. So we stand with the investigation done by the other teams.” Guixian decided to cover up for his teammates, who were clearly in need of a little more vacation. That’s why he preferred to drink a lot when he was given a break. Letting go of everything for a while helped better to get back to senses when time came.

“Actually, we reached same conclusion after we received report from IT team about the contents of the CD.” Leetuek informed.

“Then why are you asking same thing over and over again from everyone?” Eunhyuk blurted, clearly still irritated.

“Oh, don’t mind him. He has been grumpy ever since he got rejected by his ‘love-at-first-sight’.” Yesung scoffed again with a mischievous glint in his eyes. He was having fun at his friend’s misery, ever since they returned from the vacation, and he saw this as an opportunity for revenge because he believed Hyukjae abandoned him to take care of the other two drunkards alone while he himself was enjoying with hot strangers.

“Stop it, will you?” Eunhyuk replied a little louder than he should have.

“Silence!! All of you have been given a file with contents of the CD. You can go through it while the IT team summarizes it for everyone here.” Leetuek continued, trying to proceed with the meeting, which was getting nowhere, thanks to his most reliable men, who were suddenly teenagers.

That was when IT team decided to take over. Victoria, leading them currently, (otherwise, it would be Guixian normally) started, “I will speak on behalf on my team. The contents of CD were some recent transactions of Lee corp. However, none of them were of too large amounts, enough for drugs, or weapons or some other large scale illegal activity. And most of the transactions were to legal accounts, but had no purpose associated with them. What we are assuming is that they transfer money in small amounts to several accounts to avoid attention and then recollect it. It’s a petty technique but it works. But we have no proof of this so we cannot place any official investigation on Lee Corp bas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter