seven

Where My Demons Hide

My parents would never approve of me being with Seulgi, but I didn't care, I was their daughter, if they couldn't accept me then they weren't worth worrying about.
'You should still tell them though' said Seulgi and of course I knew she was right, I just hoped deep down that I wouldn't regret it at all.
When i got home though I was in for a shock.
'Papa?!' I said as he opened the door'I thought you were busy'
'I was but I needed to come and have a break and see my girls' and he hugged me 'I've missed you sweetie'
I felt tears in my eyes 'I missed you too papa' and broke free of the hug 'where's mom? I need to tell you both something'
'I'm right here' she replied emerging from the kitchen 'what's going on?'
I cleared my throat and sniffed 'Mom, dad, I am in love...with a girl...her name is Seulgi, she's in my school...we are in love'
My father looked shocked but he smiled, my mom on the other hand looked as though she was about to explode.
'Don't be so ridiculous, you're too young to know what you want,you have school, and your exams, you can't be doing this'
'But mom, I love Seulgi, I know I do'
'Get out of my house' she said quietly.
'You can't do that' I said and looked to my father who gave me an 'I'll talk to her look' and then backat my mother.
'Get out' she said again 'you can come for your stuff some other time'
There was no point in arguing with her, I just turned and left and with tears burning in my eyes, I ran for it.

I didn't know how long I had been running for but I was getting tired out.
I stopped to rest, I had to find Seulgi, I didn't know what else to do, I was so tired.
But I couldn't stay here for long, something else was here too, I could feel it.
Suddenly, an invisable force shoved me backwards and I landed on the kerb with a bump.
I stood up b ut it pushed me back back down again, whatever was going on, it was trying to stop me from standing up.
'What do you want from me?' I asked thing air but I didn't get a reply, just laughter.
Then I couldn't breathe, it was as though someone was trying to strangle me. I gasped for air without any luck and felt a tear roll down my cheek as my vision went blurry.
I'm sorry Seulgi' I whispered as it went completely black.