four

Where My Demons Hide

'Did you have a nice day?' my mom asked me that eveing.
'Yeah it was okay' I replied.
'Did anything interesting happen?'
'We have a new student if that counts as interesting'
'That's nice, what's her name?' I shrugged 'you didn't speak to her?'
'I didn't know I was obligated to...besides, I was going to but she disappeared' I stood up and left to got to my bedroom intending to do homework but my mind couldn't concerntrate at all so I decided to just go to sleep instead.
Not that that helped very much either

It was dark apart from two lights in the distance, they were twinkling like stars in the night sky but they were moving closer to me.
'Hello Joy' it was her, they weren't starts at all, they were her eyes.
Suddenly she appeared in front of me and smiled, then she vanished again and then tapped me on the shoulder, I spun around but she was gone.
'Why are you doing this?' I called out into the darkness but instead of a reply, there was just laughter.
The sound was like music to my ears and I felt myself smile but shook my head.
'What's going on?' I called but I was met by yet more laughter.

I sat bolt upright in bed. There was sweat beading and dropping off of my forehead. I had to find out what was going on.

SEULGI'S POV
She found me first the next day and she did not look happy.
'I don't even know you' she said sounding extremely irritated 'I don't even know your name and yet...I can't stop thinking about you' she paused.
'My name is Seulgi' I replied simply.
'Well Seulgi, my name is Joy, it's nice to meet you' she looked to the floor.
I chuckled 'it's nice to meet you too' I replied and I saw her blush a little.
'I...I'm sorry...about before...I don't know what I was thinking...' she mumbled.
'It's alright, would you like to be friends?'
She lifted her head and I saw that she was still a little bit pink.
This had never happened before, I had no desire at all to possess or to harm Joy in any way but I knew that she wouldn't harm me either and I also knew that I didn't want her apart from me ever again but I wasn;t scared of feeling that way anyomore, I was actually happy.
Happy tohave someone that wasn't scared of me, that I could be myself around...no...I could never be myself around Joy, if she found out what I was then she would never want to see me again.
I would keep that part of me buried from now on, nothing was worth losing Joy over, nothing at all
I would make sure she was safe no matter what.
She was my prioirty.