ten

Where My Demons Hide

JOY'S POV
I had never been so nervous in my life, I hadn't seen my mom since she told me to leave and now I was going back to see her with the girl she didn't want me to be with in the first place.
I could feel the sweat dripping down my face as we walked up the driveway to my house, I hadn't been gone that long but it felt like years.
Seulgi held my hand as I knocked on the door, it was my father that opened it, he looked at me and without a word took me into his arms and held me tight and I fought back the tears as I hugged him back as tightly as I could and then introduced him to Seulgi. He smiled and shook her hand, I knew that he had accepted her, now it was just my mom.

SEULGI'S POV
Joy's mom was a pretty woman who looked too young to have a daughter her age in the first place.
She looked at me and frowned but I smiled politely at her.
'You're Seulgi?' I nodded once in reply and then to my surprise she embraced me 'I've been so worried about her these past few days, thank you for looking after her for us'
Joy looked confused, her mom turned to her 'I know now that what I did was wrong, I just wanted you to be happy, to live well...I can see that now being with Seulgi is what will make that happen for you, money isn't everything and I've learnt that now after not knowing where you were at all, family is what matters the most' she paused 'Joy, my darling daughter, can you ever forgive me?' she started crying and Joy wrapped her arms around her.
'Of course I can mama' she replied 'I love you, and always will you know that'
I smiled and then thought of my own mother and sighed...
Could I forgive her the same way that Joy had hers? Could we get back on track? It had been so long that I very much doubted it but there was still hope, there was always hope.
After all family was important, but maybe allthe family I needed was right here, with Joy, we could start a new life, make our own story and own adventures.
I was happy for her though, I was glad she had made it right, she was happy and that was all that mattered to me.
She was all that really mattered to me.