one

Where My Demons Hide

I was bored, bored with my normal work a day life, bored with being a perfect goody two shoes, nothing interesting ever happened to me so I tried to focus myself in reading about interesting goings on. Myths, legends and conspiricy theories, I loved them all both local and from other countries. Vampires, ghosts, aliens, if it was out there and weird then I found it fascinating.
My friends on the other hand just put up with it, even if I did see them roll their eyes a bit when I spoke about such things or they smiled and said 'not another one Joy' I loved them for putting up with me because I certainly didn't get it from my mother.
She would frown at me and mutter 'you should focus on your studies Sooyoung'
'I am but I can do this too'
'It's not real, stop wasting your life' then I would roll my eyes back at her.
It was better not to argue with her,she was your typical work type, acting like her job and money was the most important thing and kids just got in the way.
I knew she loved me though of course,in her own way and I loved her too. Family is family after all
Me and my mom were usually close, my dad workedaway a lot and my older sister had just moved out so it was just the two of us.
I understood why she was pushy, she just wanted me to do well for myself
And I would do, even if I was a bit weird

SEULGI'S POV
A hundred years,I'd been around for a hundred years.I had seen and experienced so  much but only now did I start to fear for the world I was a part of.
I'd seen humans be horrible in my time but it was nothing compared to what it was like now.
What on earth had happened? Where had it all gone wrong? How would it be resolved?
I wondered around the city,I enjoyed being out at night, it felt so peaceful and relaxed compared to the rush of daylight hours.
Everyone was always so busy and barely had time to even think straight. Everything had become so hetic and people were obsessed with time, no one seemed to have enough of it, this was no way to live.
Surely not everyone was like this though, someone had to be around that still enjoyed the simple life.
That's when I saw her, with her head in a book. I could hear her humming to herself sat cross legged on a porch swing, simple but so much better then what I had seen before that moment.