One Puppy turned into Three

Where the Road Ends

 

“Tell me you tied them up or something.” Jeonghan sighed. One puppy turned into three. Woozi is probably furious right now.

 

“Yea I still had the zip ties out. Woozi got annoyed at the small one asking questions and gagged them too.” Minghao added with a laugh.

 

“Oh well. Unusual bunch. Unarmed thieves. Their gang must not have enough money to go around.” He hummed.

 

“I don't think their gang. I checked these guys arms. Nothing. Not a single ink.” Jeonghan clicked his tongue.

 

“We’ll see. What have they been asking?” He asked as Dokyeom and Woozi  stepped out of the room.

 

“They were asking for a Joshua.” Woozi said his lips turned down in a frown.

 

“More like pleading. They hotwired the car outside to follow you here.” Dokyeom said his normally happy exterior replaced with concern.

 

“When is Wonwoo coming back?” Jeonghan asked pushing the door open to take a look.

 

“Tomorrow. Or once he's done face with that Kim boy.” Woozi said with a grimace.

 

“Send their photos to him. Have him do background checks. I want their full names and histories by tomorrow morning.” DK nodded pulling out his phone to take photos of their captives.

 

The two boys in the room were almost hogtied with zip ties. Their arms behind their backs, thighs, and ankles locked together.

 

“A little overboard maybe?” Jeonghan laughed walked over to one and pushing him over with his foot.

 

“Maybe. But they were getting on my nerves.” Woozi grumbled and shrugged.

 

“My puppy has puppies. I wonder how many more he might have.” Jeonghan leaned over the smaller one noting the heated glare and muted shouts of protest behind the gag.

 

“Hmm if anything. Their both not bad looking. We could maybe sell them.” As the words left his lips Jeonghan watched pleased as the two paled and became still.

 

.” Jeonghan heard Minghao mutter in Mandarin behind him.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Well. We’ll see how my puppy cooperates. Maybe we won't separate him from his puppies.” He looked between the two before toeing the taller male with his foot.

 

“Take the gag out of this one.” Minghao moved to comply. He was always one of Jeonghan’s favorites.

 

“Please. Please let Joshua go. Please.” As soon as the gag left his mouth Mandarin spilled from his lips. Eyes glued on Minghao.

 

“What's he saying?” Woozi demanded. A glare following every movement the fall tied male made.

 

“He's asking to let a Joshua go.” Minghao translated. Jeonghan watched pleased as Minghao gripped the males hair tight and pulled his head to an uncomfortable position. Ah he was raising him well.

 

“Do not speak unless spoken too.” Minghao held his head tightly. “I told him not to speak unless spoken too.”

 

“Ask him who they work for.” Before Minghao could translate the male answered in Korean.

 

“We don't work for anyone! We’re just trying to get by!” Before anything else could leave his lips Jeonghan strode up and swiftly kicked him in the stomach. Ripping the head from Minghao’s grasp from the blow.

 

“Ah. Even the puppies are not trained well yet.” The smaller male had resumed thrashing and screaming behind his gag.

 

“You are not allowed to talk out of turn here. Understood?” Jeonghan pressed his foot into the soft belly until the male nodded wildly.

 

“Now. Who do you work for?” He lifted his foot and lowered himself to lean over the Chinese male.

 

“We-cough- don't work for anyone. Promise.” Jeonghan stood with a sigh. Watching as the male curled up with another cough.

 

“Let's ask this puppy. He seems feisty if anything he'd be one to tell us.” Jeonghan moved to the other boy, removing his gag.

 

“ you.” The first words from his mouth had Jeonghan laughing.

 

“Ah I was right he is feisty.” Jeonghan stood and swiftly kicked him a few times.

 

“Please! Leave him alone!” The Chinese male pleaded.

 

“Hmm.” Jeonghan pondered. Kicking the smaller one more time. He was coughing and trying to curl into himself.

 

“Leave them here overnight to think about their situation. We’ll see how cooperative they’ll be in the morning.”

 

--

 

Joshua’s mind wandered as he sat in the darkness. His face stung from the hits and he spat blood onto the floor to clear his mouth. He prayed Jun and Chan would be alright. He prayed Hansol wouldn't worry and try to leave the bed to look for them. He prayed that they would get through this alive.

 

He then thought about his captor. How the male was surprisingly good looking and made Joshua berate himself for thinking of him in that way. How the other male had ruffled his hair and spoke to him in an almost friendly way. Besides the whole dog thing.

 

It would be just their luck to get caught up in serious gang matters like this. Their group had a problem with getting into trouble that they weren't involved with. Like how once Jun had gotten into a fight over a girl he wasn't even dating. Or how Joshua himself had gotten fired from a job he didn't have in a big box store. Now Joshua was mistaken for trying to steal from a gang member without realizing the car had belonged to such a huge gang.

 

“Puppy!” The dreaded man was back and Joshua tensed in fear.

 

“Your pups aren’t very good at listening. You should really have taught them better.” The man sauntered up to him a smirk on his lips.

 

“Please don’t hurt them.” Joshua tried to plead.

 

“Hmm I’ll think about it. But let’s return to what we were talking about before. Where were we?” Jeonghan took his time circling around him, making the hair on his back stand on end.

 

“Ah yes. You were telling me about what gang you’re apart of.” He said clamping and heavy hand down on Joshua’s shoulder.

 

The glint in his eyes filled Joshua with dread and hopelessness. How could he convince the man that he really wasn’t apart of any gang? He didn’t even own a phone. Let alone even any form of identification.

 

“I don’t know any gangs.” He closed his eyes and braced himself for a hit.

 

“Ah still being difficult.” Joshua opened his eyes confused when the hit never came only to jerk back as Jeonghan’s face was suddenly so close.

 

“Do you have any idea how much money I had on me earlier?” His breath ghosted against his cheek leaning in to whisper as if telling a secret.

 

“I had around one million won in my package.” Joshua’s breath hitched. They could afford so much with that kind of money. Enough money to get Hansol to a doctor. To feed all of them for months. To maybe even find a proper apartment to live in.

 

“I’m not sure if you understand what usually happens to people who attempt to steal from me.” He returned to full height casting a snide glare at the terrified male. Joshua had a small guess and it wasn’t anything he looked forward to finding out about.

 

“Think about it. When I return tomorrow morning I hope you’ll have reconsidered whoever you hold loyalty too. It may not be worth it.” Joshua watched him walk towards the door.

 

“Wait please! He’s sick! Someone needs to take care of him!” Joshua cried out towards Jeonghan who didn’t even look back.

 

The door shut behind him and he could hear the deadbolt turn. Tears of frustration dampened his cheeks. Hansol had a hard time moving around since he was so sick. They usually had to help him too and from the bathroom. To help bring him water and food. Without them Joshua was so worried his condition could get worse. He was stuck in a room tied to a chair. Miles away from the boy he had promised to help.