Jeonghan Wakes Everyone at 'oclock in the Morning

Where the Road Ends

 

 

“How's he doing Seungkwan?” Jeonghan barged into the younger males guest room unexpectedly.

 

At 3am.

 

“What the Jeonghan?” The other had sprang out of bed holding a small pistol in his hand.

 

“I took a nap and woke up just now.” Jeonghan sat himself on the bed.

 

“Oh my god. It's 3am. Why. Ask me again in at least four hours.”  Seungkwan said trying to go back into the bed. Jeonghan flattened himself on the covers.

 

“No just tell me. I wanna know.”

 

The tired doctor rubbed his face a whine building in his throat. He knew he would just have to deal with Jeonghan in order for him to leave.

 

“Fine. He seems to have a bad viral infection in his throat. It's pretty bad since it was left untreated for so long.” Seungkwan started sitting on Jeonghan’s arm in defiance.

 

“I need to get some pretty strong antibiotics and he'll heal pretty quickly once it kicks in. I'd say at least a week of bed rest while it heals. No solid foods. It'll hurt to swallow hard foods. Plenty of water.” He rambled on leafing through his notes from the bedside table.

 

“So he's going to be ok?” Jeonghan pulled his arm free and sat up.

 

“Yea he’ll live. If that's what you're asking. We just need to get antibiotics. I ran out and we haven't done a pharmacy hit in so long. We’re getting low on medications.” Seungkwan told him while sinking back under the comforter.

 

“Alright. I'll have it planned.”

 

“Didn't you guys just do a huge hit on that bank?”

 

“Yea. It went well. Thanks for asking.”

 

Seungkwan rolled his eyes. “You're willing to take the risk and do another hit so soon?”

 

“I'm not going to go. But I want to see if my puppy is worth keeping or not.” He said leaping off the bed and heading to the door. “You can always break in puppies while their young.”

 

The door slams behind him.

 

“God he's messed up.”

 

--

 

“Get up.” The three had curled up on the floor together to sleep. It was a cute image. Wonwoo pushed the boy Chan awake with his foot.

 

“No just him. The two of you stay.” Jeonghan watched from the door as Joshua tried to beg for himself to go instead.

 

“He’ll be fine puppy. We’ll bring him back in one piece.” Chan protested loudly but in the end followed reluctantly. The fear for his friends safety led him to listening.

 

“What do you want with me?” Wonwoo had zip tied his hands again just to be safe. They led him through the house to the gym.

 

“Wonwoo is going to test you.”

 

“For what.”

 

Jeonghan shrugged.

 

“I want to see how well you fare in hand to hand combat. Your knife wielding wasn't really up to par. We’ll see how you do in other forms of combat. If you're going to work for me you have to be useful.” The glare transformed into confusion.

 

“What?” Jeonghan waved his hand at the mats in the room.

 

“You. Him. Spar.” He pointed at Chan and then to Wonwoo.

 

“Wonwoo go easy on him now.” Wonwoo rolled his eyes at him while cutting the ties off.

 

Just because Wonwoo sat behind a computer most days didn't mean he couldn't fight. Wonwoo did a lot of field research, which meant he sometimes got into a lot of fights. The fox like man was probably Jeonghan's second best fighter next to Minghao.

 

“I doubt he'll be a challenge.” The fire rose in Chan’s eyes at the implication.

 

“No rules. Just don't kill each other.” He said standing off to the side to watch.

 

Chan ran at him his fist flying at Wonwoo’s face. To which Wonwoo deflected and threw his own punch straight into his side. Which had to hurt. Chan staggered his breath hitching. Wonwoo wasted no time and grabbed his arm and threw the boy onto the mat.

 

“You're gonna have to do better than that.” Wonwoo yawned out. Jeonghan had woken him up at 5 in the morning for this?

 

Chan rose to his feet again his eyes glaring at Jeonghan.

 

“Don't look at him. Your opponent is in front of you.” Wonwoo took a step towards him his arms raised in a boxer stance. Jeonghan had let him spend too much time with Mingyu. Mingyu’s favorite hobby was boxing. They must spar when they're not. Bed sparring.

 

Wonwoo took initiative and threw a punch out towards his head with his right hand. Chan stepped back and held out his arm to block it. The fist connected and threw him off balance, Wonwoo quickly followed up with another blow with his left leg sweeping it low to knock him down. Grabbing his arm and locking him into armbar wrestling hold. The boy shouts angrily at him. Wonwoo merely applies more pressure and he cries out in pain instead.

 

Well not just boxing then. The wrestling in the sheets might be doing something for Wonwoo too.

 

“Hmm. Maybe he's weak from not eating.” Jeonghan walked to them and observed Chan’s face.

 

Wonwoo looked up at him bored. “What do you mean? The8 fed them yesterday.”

 

“What? He did?” Jeonghan’s eyebrows rose. “I didn't tell him to do that.”

 

“You didn't?”

 

“No I wanted them to take Joshua out today.” Jeonghan let out a hum, contemplating why Minghao would do something like that.

 

“Anyways I'll send in DK. Keep training him.”

 

“ you! This isn't training.” Wonwoo must have twisted his arm more as his sentence turned into a cry of pain.

 

“The8 is still sleeping if you're going to look for him.”

 

“Perfect. Thanks. I'll see you two later.”

 

--

 

The room was dark. The figure in the bed was still sleeping. Jeonghan approached with every fiber in his being tense. The socks on his feet hid his footsteps. The darkness masked his presence. He got to the bed and slid his hand slowly under the pillow feeling for the gun he knew the other kept there. Gripping the pistol handle he pulled it out slowly so it didn't disturb the owner. Minutes later the gun came free and he placed it on the bedside table with the same amount of care.

 

As soon it was out of reach. Jeonghan placed himself above the sleeping male and quickly locked Minghao into a choke hold.

 

“Who’s my cute sunflower?” Jeonghan cooed. The male in his arms startled awake from the hold and began thrashing in the bed.

 

“Jeonghan! Let go!” Minghao shouted as he saw who was holding him. His movements becoming desperate as the grip around his throat got tighter.

 

“Now now Minghao.” He let his grip loosen slightly. “Tell me sunflower. Who told you to feed the puppies?”

 

Minghao stiffened in his hold and resumed thrashing.

 

“No one.” He growled out. His grip on Jeonghan's arm tightened nails biting into his skin.

 

“Minghao.” The younger twisted his body in a way that Jeonghan couldn't hold and he released him.

 

Minghao rolled away and sat up glaring at him and then at the sheets.

 

“I heard his stomach making noise. So I fed them.” He admitted picking at a loose thread.

 

“Oh?” Jeonghan settled into Minghao’s bed like it was his own, resting against the backboard. “Who might he be? The Mandarin speaking one?”

 

“Jun. His name is Jun.”

 

“Now how do you know that? You weren't in the room when I asked Joshua what his name was.” Jeonghan watched his face. In the darkness, Minghao’s cheeks noticeably darkened. “Come to think of it. If he had been crying the whole time, as you said. His face should have been covered in tears.”

 

He leaned closer for effect.

 

“But his face was recently wiped when we got in there.”

 

Minghao turned and jumped off the bed.

 

“Whatever. He was annoying so I talked to him to shut him up. And I made too much food last night they were hungry. End of story.”

 

Jeonghan laughed slapping his leg and pulled the other boy back down.

 

“Oh my precious sunflower has a crush.” Minghao pushed at his arms that wrapped around his waist holding him trapped.

 

“No!”

 

“Yes I'm sure you accidentally made five servings of food last night when you knew only you and Seokmin were eating at home last night.”

 

“Ugh. You're insufferable.” Minghao stopped struggling and let his weight crush Jeonghan instead.

 

“Alright I'll help you out. Because I'm just that nice.” Jeonghan said pushing him off and standing up. “Get up we’re going to breakfast with them.”

 

Minghao glared up at him not bothering to move from the bed.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Breakfast. You. Me. The puppies.”

 

The Chinese male slapped a hand on his face groaning as he dragged it down. “Why are you like this?”

 

“Because otherwise I would be bored. No one likes it when I'm bored.” He shuts the door hearing a groan of annoyance as he does.