Collar and Leash

Where the Road Ends

“Jeonghan. I hope you know what you’re doing.” Woozi said matching his pace.

 

“Yea, yea. Has Wonwoo gotten back to anyone yet?” They approached their surveillance room that overlooked the hostages.

“No he’s still looking into it. S.Coups said he’d have his men ask around as well.” Jeonghan nodded pulling up the camera feeds to the rooms.

 

“There’s something about them. They could either be really acting well or telling the truth.” He tapped his fingers on the table while watching the boy cry on the monitor.

 

“You know not everyone is out to get you.” Jeonghan laughed at his comment. Woozi sighed taking a seat next to him to type on his phone.

 

He was probably messaging S.Coups. The other gang leader that had stolen his left hand’s heart.

 

“How’s Seungcheol doing?” He asked rewatching tapes of himself slapping the boy, trying to pick up anger or resent. All he was seeing was pure unadulterated fear.

 

“He’s fine. Our last heist has put his men behind schedule though. They were supposed to hit the other branch of the same corporation.” S.Coups may have stolen Jihoon’s heart from him, but his loyalty was all Jeonghan’s. He never told S.Coups about any of their inner workings despite S.Coups willingly showing Jihoon his own gang’s plans.

 

“Ah remind me to send a sorry-we-ed-up-your-plans basket or something in apologies. He’s probably pissed.” Jeonghan flipped to the other feed. Watching the smaller captive struggle against his binds. The little thing had fire that’s for sure.

 

After Jeonghan’s mother left him to rule their gang, there wasn’t a day where where someone had tried to sabotage, maim, or steal from him. Trusting wasn’t a word Jeonghan used to describe himself. There were only four people he trusted with his life and money. Wonwoo, Jihoon, Seokmin, and Minghao. His small group, his inner circle. They were the only ones who knew Jeonghan better than he probably knew himself. The only ones he trusted enough the sleep near. Which is why he lived with them so far attached from the city. It was the house only they lived in. People could visit sure. But normally unless they were business partners, they tended not to leave alive.

 

“Have Wonwoo call me before he comes home. I want him to pick something up for me.” Jihoon nodded and typed away on his phone.

 

“I was serious about that collar.”

 

Jihoon’s phone fell to the floor.

 

--

 

“Good morning puppy!” The door suddenly swung open and light blinding him.

 

He had spent the night in fear of him coming back. Barely being able to sleep while his arms cramped from being held behind his back at such an odd angle. Joshua was exhausted emotionally and physically. He was also hungry and thirsty, the last time he had food was maybe two days ago. Water was something they always made sure to have but he tried to save most of his water for Hansol.

 

“We brought your puppies for you to see.” He sang. Behind him two other males were dragging Jun and Chan into the room. Their mouths were gagged with cloth but he could still hear them both shout as they saw him.

 

“Oh god please.” He sobbed. New tears began streaming down his face. He knows this scenario.

 

“Oh puppy don't cry. How about you hear from one of them. That should cheer you up!” Joshua watched as the one of the man's subordinates walked up to Chan and ripped the gag out harshly.

 

“What the did you do to him?!” Chan shouted angrily. The younger boy had always been so protective of them.

 

“Ah ah ah.” Joshua watched helplessly as Jeonghan sauntered up to Chan and delivered a hard kick into his stomach.

 

“Bad puppy. No barking.” Chan merely groaned in response curling up on his side to try and protect his stomach.

 

“Please! What do you want with us?!” Joshua cried harder. He felt a hand on his head carding through his tangled hair. He blinked through the tears to look up at Jeonghan.

 

“You know what I want.” His gaze was heavy and was amplified by the three other gang members behind him.

 

“We really are just normal orphans. Please. Our friend is sick at home. He needs medicine. Badly. I was stealing to try and afford a doctor visit and medical help. He was alone all night with his fever. We don't have anything. We can barely afford food. If I knew that car belonged to you I wouldn't have touched it. Please believe me.” He rambled on since he wasn't stopped. “Please let us go, we won't tell anyone. We just want to help our friend. I'm really sorry for trying to steal from you. It won't happen aga-”

 

The hand in his hair tightened and he silenced himself quickly. It's grip softened after he was quiet, and resumed threading through his hair.

 

“Alright. Assuming this is true. Let's go see your sick puppy.” Jeonghan said a smile pulling at his lips.

 

“Stay away from him you sick !” Chan, being still un-gaged, shouted at Jeonghan. Although the tears in his eyes made him seem more scared then angry. The insane man merely waved his hand at his other members and the Chinese male stepped forward and threw another kick into his stomach.

 

“We’ll leave these two puppies here. That way you’ll have to come back for them even if you escape.” He pulled a knife from his side and effortlessly cut off the zip tie holding him.

 

“Now. We’ll let you have a second with your pups and then we’ll go. Alright?” Joshua nodded rubbing his wrists. They were bloody and hurt a lot. He felt Jeonghan run his hand through his hair one more time before moving to the door along with s. Once the door shut he heard a lock fall into place and he fell to the ground next to Chan.

 

“Oh lord. Chan are you alright?” He moved his shirt off his stomach to see the damage. The skin there was ugly patches of yellow and green. It would grow darker in time but there was nothing he could do.

 

“I'm ok. Check on Jun.” Joshua went to Jun’s side and carefully pulled the gag from his mouth.

 

“Shua hyung you're bleeding.” Jun’s voice came out in rasps. Joshua ignored his own pain and moved Jun’s shirt up too. His stomach was bad as well. Huge blotches of yellow and green covered his abdomen.

 

“I'm ok. Don't worry. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault.” Joshua sobbed again. He pulled at the ties holding Jun’s arms behind his back to no avail.

 

“It's alright. It's not your fault. If it wasn't you it would have been one of us who got to that car eventually.” Jun told him a small helpless smile on his face.

 

“Shua hyung. If you can get away. Run and hide Hansol. We’ll be alright.” Chan tried to tell him.

 

“No way! I can't leave you two here.” Tears built up in his eyes again.

 

“Chan’s right Shua hyung.” Jun said.

 

“Times up puppy!” The door swung open revealing Jeonghan. He was holding something behind his back.

 

“Come here.” Joshua hesitantly stood. Fearing what could happen to Chan and Jun if he didn't listen. Behind Jeonghan stood The8 leaning on the hall wall looking bored, a gun held loosely in his hand. Another good reason to listen.

 

“Ah good boy. You're learning quickly.” Jeonghan patted his head mockingly. “I found you a collar and leash too!” The items pulled from behind him were indeed a collar and leash. Which had Joshua shaking.

 

“Here let me put it on.” He put the strap around his neck and closed it around his throat firmly. A shiny lock was placed on the available hook so he wasn't able to remove it himself without the key.

 

“There we go. Now we won't have you running off with this on.” He lastly clipped on the leash and pulled on it experimentally.

 

“Lets go Jeonghan. Leave your sick for later. I'd like to go to bed at a decent time tonight.” Jeonghan nodded after inspecting the collar one last time. Woozi rolling his eyes at him.

 

“Alright. The8, DK Keep an eye on his puppies now. Separate the two just in case.” They both nodded in confirmation. The8 walking into the room and throwing Jun over his shoulder.

 

“Wait!” Chan tried to shout. But the door shut as The8 left the room.

 

“Let’s go. I expect a full report on their behavior when we return.” Jeonghan told them both seriously as The8 emerged from the room he had locked Jun in.

 

“Yea. Got it boss.”

 

Boss. we’re ed.