Illness must be purged

Where the Road Ends

Jeonghan watched as his puppy ran up to the car. A small backpack seemingly holding everything he needed. A little concerning, but he wouldn't need anything as long as Jeonghan was there. He noted the reddening skin around the collar and took note to treat that when they returned home.

 

“Woozi. Have DK buy this building and demolish it.” He said offhandedly. Ignoring  Vernon’s protest from the back seat. He had left the sick boy to sit in the back with Joshua.

 

“Have him rebuild a condominium here. This area is ty we could probably turn a profit from redoing it.” Woozi whipped out his phone and typed away.

 

“Vernon. How are you feeling?” Joshua slid into the backseat speaking in English. He pulled the sick boy closer to him.

 

‘Three bilingual speakers. Two that know English even.’ Jeonghan was surprised.

 

“Gross. Hyung what's going on? What the hell are you wearing?” Jeonghan watched as the younger pulled at the collar on Joshua’s neck. A flare of possessiveness rose in his chest.

 

“He-”

 

“Puppy. Don't speak.” Jeonghan watched in the mirror as Joshua closed his mouth with a snap and glared at the floor. He was ever so pleased with how quickly the male was learning.

 

“Vernon. I'll answer your questions later.”

 

The four sat in silence on the ride back. The only noise being Vernon’s worsening coughing.

 

--

 

“Lets go.” They parked outside the manor again. Joshua felt dread pool in his stomach from seeing it again. There was a new car in the front. A short brunette leaning against it.

 

“Jeonghan hyung. What's up?” The male got off the car coming to greet them. Joshua held Hansol to his side supporting the frail sick boy.

 

“I need you to look over this one. He seems to have a bad fever and killer cough.” Jeonghan walked over to them dreaded leash in hand. He clipped it back on and led them back into the house. Shame burned his ears as Hansol watched him being tugged around by it.

 

They were brought into a small room, windows absent once again. A twin bed in the middle of the room with a bedside table next to it.

 

“You can let him down there puppy.” Joshua helped Hansol into the bed. Covering him and tried to stay by his side.

 

“Come. Let Seungkwan work.” The collar was trying to pull him from Hansol’s side.

 

“Please let me stay with him!” He clutched onto the youngers hand desperately eyes wide turned to Jeonghan.

 

“Hyung?” Hansol’s fever was kicking in higher and his eyes couldn't focus on him.

 

“No. Seungkwan will care for him. Come on now.” The collar choked him and he had to lean back to relieve some of the pressure.

 

“Pleas-” He didn't expect the hit and it threw him from Hansol’s side. His cheek burned.

 

“I don't want to repeat myself again.” The cold stare was back. “Unless you want him to not be treated? I can tell Seungkwan to leave.”

 

The threat had his heart stopping. Hansol needed help. He was so weak today. The fever had been so high the night before when they had last seen him. They had all feared for his life. He took one last glance at Hansol releasing his hand and gently setting it down.

 

“Can we visit him later?” His voice was sobered as he moved towards Jeonghan willingly.

 

“We’ll see what the Seungkwan says. He might be contagious. Plus it's going to depend on your behavior too.”

 

Joshua looked back at Hansol before following Jeonghan out. Blinking away the tears of frustration. It felt like all he ever did now was cry.