Jeonghan Finds A Puppy

Where the Road Ends

The gangs of Seoul were a dog eat dog world. Anyone could tell you that. The constant fighting for territory and money were endless. 
Jeonghan was part of the largest gang of Seoul. As their leader. He stood at the highest position of the food chain. Holding heavy reins that were filled with responsibility and lives. It fell naturally to him as first son of the last leader. The position may have fell into his lap. But he grew into it. Molded himself to become cold and separated from feelings. He proved himself time and time again to his people and rivals. No one dared mess with him. They respected him. He respected them back. Their lives were in his hands and they trusted him with it. 

His gang was large and they had recently completed a heist against a large bank in the area. They had to lie low for the time being and the restlessness had gotten to him. So when a package of payments needed to be delivered he had gone to do it himself. 
He wasn't one to keep heavy security on his things. The brand logo on their cars and bikes normally kept would be thieves away. 
So when Jeonghan came back to his car one day. He was pleasantly surprised to see a person rifling through his back seat. Their back to him. Tattered clothes spoke volumes to the persons current conditions. But it didn't change the fact that he was trying to steal from one of the most influential gangs of the area. He took a second to analyze the probability of the guy having a weapon on him. The fact that he didn't even have shoes spoke for itself. 

With a sigh he walked up behind the guy and pushed him fully into the car. Ignoring the yelp of surprise, he shut the backseat door swiftly. The child locks were on in this particular vehicle. Along with some makeshift dog grate to protect the driver. Making a perfect car to transport their ‘guests’ for questioning. He had only drove it that day since he had to deliver a package that didn't fit on his bike. 

He gazed through the tinted windows to see a panicked face pulling at the door handle. A quite pretty face he might add. 

“You picked the wrong car to steal from.” Jeonghan tapped on the window grabbing the boy’s attention. He turned and went to the driver's seat. He always enjoyed a bit of amusement in life. This development might prove to be extremely amusing for him and cure his boredom. 

“Please. I'm sorry.” The boy cried as Jeonghan slid into the leather seat with a hum on his lips.

“I didn't know. We-I was so hungry. I'm sorry. Please let me go.” The desperation was evident in his voice. His pleads were like music to Jeonghan’s ears. This was exactly the type of amusement he had been hoping for.

Without another glance to his backseat. Jeonghan put the car in drive and flew down the parking lot. A squeal of terror was all he heard from behind him. 

A phone rang from his pocket and Jeonghan answered.

“Angel speaking.”

“Angel my . Where are you?” The grunt of his younger member had him laugh. He could imagine the look on Jihoon’s face.

“I'm on my way back now. I have a guest.” A smile grew on his face. 

“Guest? We’re supposed to be lying low Jeonghan. That includes even rival gang matters.”

“Ah. He's more of a lost puppy I picked up. Can you prepare a kennel for him?” Jeonghan heard a fearful gasp behind him.

“I guess. What did he do?”

“Just tried to steal from my car.”

“You gotta be kidding me. Alright. I'll have DK and The8 prepare a room.”

“Thanks Woozi. Maybe find a collar and leash. I might keep this one.” A quiet whimper was all he heard from the back. 

“You're a sick .”

“I'll be there in a few. Bye.”

--

Joshua had ed up bad. His hands trembled as he sat frozen in the backseat of the car he was trapped in. The speed the car was moving had him frozen with his hands white knuckled around the door handle. 

He and his little rag tag group had come into the city just a week ago. The move was supposed to help them. To make their lives easier. 

But then Hansol had gotten sick. It started with a light cough and sore throat. Then it developed into a wild fever and Hansol coughing up blood. Their small group were frazzled with worry. They also had to cover what Hansol himself used to make for their food. They also tried to buy him medicine but nothing over the counter helped. Joshua, as the oldest, took it upon himself to attempt to make enough money to get Hansol to a doctor and pay for medicine. His meager paycheck from the convenience store wasn't enough. So he had resorted to stealing.

Finding open cars were the easiest way for him to find small items to sell. For a while it had worked out. He had made almost enough to cover a doctor visit. 

Then he got caught. 

“I'm sorry. Please I have to go home.” Joshua tried again. He grasped onto the grates separating him from the driver. He was ignored and his captor called someone on his phone, he was humming an eerie tone that had his hair standing on end. 

“The8? Hey yea. Can you bring out the zip ties out?” 

Joshua felt his stomach drop.

“Yes just us is ok. Open the gate I'm here.” 

They were pulling into a large house. Trees dense around it. Although house wouldn't be the right word for it. It was more of a small manor. 

“We’re here puppy!” The man turned to finally address Joshua. His tone was almost friendly. 

“Please. I-” His words were cut off as the man leapt out of the car and slammed the door shut.

Joshua watched as his captor pulled a gun from his waistband. 

God he was so ed.

“Come out puppy. Don't even think of trying anything.” The male had opened the door, motioning with his gun for Joshua to come out. 

“This him?” A black haired Chinese male approached them. A bag of zip ties in his hand.

“Yea isn't he precious?” Joshua froze as the gun moved to caress his face. Fear coursing through his body.

“God your ing insane Jeonghan.” The other male shook his head.

“Puppy put your hands behind your back.” The gun now pressed firmly against his side. He quickly complied and felt his hands being zip tied tightly. 

“And tell me again why you didn't take him to the usual interrogation house? You know Wonwoo is still there.” The8 said walking back towards the house. The gun pressing against his side had Joshua quickly following.

“Ah well. If the puppy has owners. I'd rather they come after him so I can dispose of them. I think I like this puppy. No need him running back to old owners if they're dead right?” God he hoped Chan and Jun hadn't followed him. 

“Sit.” They had led Joshua into a room that had no windows and only one door. The only furniture in the room was a single wooden chair. Which was bolted to the floor. Joshua sat hesitantly and awkwardly as his hands were zip tied behind him.

“Zip tie his hands to the chair.” Jeonghan dictated. The8 pulled his arms back uncomfortably to zip tie to the chairs back.  

“You need anything else? Otherwise I'm gonna take a smoke.” Jeonghan waved the other away.

“You're good thanks.” The door closed behind him and Joshua felt like he should have begged the man to stay.

The look on his captors face was terrifying him.

“Now, puppy. Who do you work for?” The question threw him off. He worked for a small convenience store owned by an elderly couple who didn't care that Joshua didn't have proper ID.

“I don't understand.” 

Smack

A hand slapped across his face leaving him stunned.

“Ah. No. That's not what I asked.” His voice darkened. “Who do you work for? There were only a handful of people who knew I would be there today.”

“I don't work for anyone!” 

Smack

It came harder this time. Joshua’s mouth tasted metallic. 

“I'm not sure if you understand the position you're in puppy.” The other loomed over him the crappy light of the room making his form seem even more intimidating than before.

“When I ask a question I expect it answered. I'd hate to damage your pretty face more than I need too.” The man lifted his hand up caress the heated skin of his cheek. Joshua flinched away.

“I really don't-” 

Smack

“Still not the right answer pet.” Joshua felt his eyes watering in pain.

“Let's say you don't work for someone.” Joshua jerked his head up to look at him. “Why would a thief try to rob the largest gang of Seoul?” 

Joshua’s eyes widened at the implication. The only gang he could be referring too was known as notorious for leaving a wake of bodies behind in their heists. Bikers that controlled the streets and the underground business of Seoul. They had just merged with another huge gang as well. 

“I didn't kno-”

A knock on the door cut him off. 

“Jeonghan. Your dog came with puppies.” The8 said with a grumble. 

Joshua’s breath caught in his throat. They had followed him. 

“Puppies? How many?” 

“Two. I found them snooping outside by your car when I went to take a smoke.” Jeonghan stood. Heading to the door.

“They're not a smart bunch. They didn't have a single weapon on them. DK and Woozi have them in the other room.” 

“Please let them go!” Joshua fought against the ties holding him to the chair. Jeonghan’s eyes turned back to him making him freeze from the intensity.

“Hmm seems like the mother dog is protective over the puppies.” His hand lifted and Joshua closed his eyes preparing for another blow. Instead he felt the hand ruffle his hair gently.

“Be a good boy and wait for me. I'll check on your puppies.” He laughed and shut the door behind him. Plunging the room into darkness. 

Joshua choked on a sob.