Chapter 8: Nearing

Undercover Boss

 

Day 6: Nearing

Tiffany came to work at 11 o’clock sharp wearing her sturdy MyJ uniform with her rusty black converse; this was the typical attire MyJ employees had to wear.

Tiffany was greeted by her coworkers one after another for the first time in months; it was weird, no one ever greeted her before except for Jessica. Speaking of Jessica, Tiffany was confused to where the girl was, but shrugged the thought off since Jessica was ALWAYS late.

Tiffany clocked herself in at 11:15 sharp; she is and will always be persistent.  While Tiffany was clocking in a certain pair of glaring brown eyes were staring directly at her. The mysterious person made her way closer to Tiffany, whose back was facing the latter.

Tiffany felt a strange presence and turned around.

“Aa-issh!” Tiffany says surprised

“Don’t be surprised!” The mysterious girl said sternly

“What are you doing?” Tiffany says frantically while the mysterious girl was closing the gap between them.

“Where were you yesterday?” The mysterious girl whispers harshly into Tiffany’s ears.

‘Wh-what are you talking about?” Tiffany says while mentally cursing herself for stuttering.

“When you left with Jessica! What did you two do?”

“Why does it matter?”

“It just does! Tell me now!”

“Why?!”

“Why not?”

“It’s none of your business!”

“It’s my business when you go on dates with my girlfriend!”

“G-girlfriend?!”

“Yes! Jessica Jung is MY girlfriend!”

“Jessica said she didn’t have a girlfriend!”

“Fine, my SOON to be girlfriend!”

Tiffany shook her head.

“Gyuri what are you talking about?” Tiffany asked

“Jessica… I’m going to make her mine” Gyuri replied seriously.

Tiffany made an O shape with ; not only did she like Jessica but so did Gyuri.

“And how are you so sure about that?” Tiffany says while rising over Gyuri, trying to intimidate the latter.

“Tiffany what are you doing..”

“Nothing…” Tiffany says while stepping back normally to her original place.

“But anyways! Tiffany I need your help”

“With what?” Tiffany looked at her strangely.

Gyuri smiled widely at her.

Tiffany gulped. This was not going to be good.

“You’re friends with Jessica right?” Gyuri says with aegyo

Tiffany shivered at the disturbing sight.

“I-I think so..”

Tiffany let’s be friends.

“Find out if Jessica likes me!”

“WHAT?!”

“I think she likes me. She’s always mean to me, that’s a sign right?”

“Um…. Gyuri..”

“What?”

“I don’t think Jessica is…homoual?” Tiffany says carefully while not only hurting Gyuri but herself as well.

“Why do you think that?”

“I asked her once and she denied it”

It’s okay if you’re homoual…

NO!No!

Tiffany frowns at the memory.

“Stupid Jessica Jung” Tiffany mumbles to herself while earning a weird look from Gyuri.

The two girls were so immersed in their own thoughts that they didn’t notice another figure entering the room.

“Who’s stupid?” the girl asked nonchalantly

The two girls shocked focused their attention to the gazed brunette at the door.

“What?” Jessica asked

“When did you come in here?”

“Like a few minutes ago…why?”

“Nothing!” Tiffany blurts out

“Did you hear something?” Gyuri asked cautiously

“Yea… Why did you call me stupid?” Jessica asks while adverting her stare towards Tiffany.

Tiffany fumbled her fingers like a child who was caught red-handed.

Gyuri chuckles at Tiffany’s state.

Tiffany was deep in thought trying to find out words that rhymed with Jessica, Jung, and stupid.

“Ahem” Jessica says while snapping Tiffany out of thought.

“I didn’t say stupid!” Tiffany says defensively earning quite of a reaction from Gyuri.

“Yea you did!” Gyuri says

“No! I said Cupid Jessica Jung…” Tiffany says slowly while mentally face palming herself.

“Cupid?” Jessica asks with an eye brow raised.

“Yea.. you know valentine’s day” Tiffany says while trying to enlighten Jessica.

“I know what Cupid is”

“Oh…”

Gyuri chucked at the two in front of her; Jessica was scaring the living daylights out of Tiffany while Tiffany kept making a fool of herself. This was Gyuri’s time to shine.

“Jessica are you cupid? Cause you shot an arrow straight to my heart” Gyuri says teasingly earning a shove from Tiffany.

Jessica rolled her eyes and Gyuri’s failed antic.

“I need to talk to you alone” Jessica says to Gyuri seriously.

Jessica grabs Gyuri’s arm while the latter was flustered from the physical interaction between the two.

“I’ll see you later Tiffany” Jessica looks back at Tiffany and smiles warmly at her before exiting the room.

That stupid smile. That stupid, amazing and warm smile that makes Tiffany‘s heart skip a beat. But that stupid smile couldn’t help stop the jealously spreading throughout Tiffany’s body. Why did Jessica want to talk to Gyuri alone? In her office? What was so important that she couldn’t discuss it in front of Tiffany?

--

Jessica and Gyuri were now sitting in Gyuri’s tiny office with the old wooden door locked.  It was obvious that Gyuri rarely spent time in her office, it was empty, hot, and it smelt of wet wood.

“What did you want to talk about?” Gyuri asked Jessica.

“I’m leaving after tomorrow”

“What?”

“I’m leaving after tomorrow”

“Why?”

“I just have too…”

“You haven’t even been here for a month and you’re quitting?”

“Not technically…”

“Then what is it exactly Jessica?”

“ I just can’t, Gyuri..”

“How are you going to tell the others?”

“I think they’ll be happy that I’m leaving”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve been on their asses this past week”

“I hate to say this Jessica but… you could’ve been a better boss than me”

“I know” Jessica says arrogantly

“Will we see each other again?” Gyuri asked cautiously

“Why? You’ll miss me?”

Gyuri fumbled her fingers while looking down.

“We’ll see each other soon. Don’t worry” Jessica says reassuringly while making her way out of the old, smelly room.

Gyuri sat hopelessly still watching the only person who could make her heart and feelings fidget at only the sound of her voice, walk away.

--

Jessica walked out of the office calmly, closing the opened door shut gently.

Tiffany noticed Jessica walking out of Gyuri’s office with a gentle smile.

“Jessi what were you two talking about?” Tiffany asked innocently

“Was asking for a break”

“Oh” Tiffany smiled in relief.

“Why do you need a break?”

“They’re making me uh… go under training!”

“Oh that’s exciting!” Tiffany says while smiling

Jessica pats her head.

“Ouccch”

“Oops sorry” Jessica apologizes while rubbing Tiffany’s head

Tiffany smiles once again.

“Jessica have you ever had a boyfriend?”

“I rarely had time for relationships, why?”

“Just wondering”

“What about you?”

“What about me?”

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?”

“Yeah…” Jessica noticed Tiffany’s immediate mood change.

“What’s wrong?” Jessica asked confused.

Tiffany’s eyes began to tear.

Jessica rubs Tiffany’s back in a circular motion to show understanding.

“Shh don’t cry” Jessica says sincerely while pulling Tiffany in a hug.

Jessica’s action earned stares from the other coworkers and Gyuri herself who had an undecipherable expression.

Jessica noticed the unwanted attention and swiftly walked herself and Tiffany to the women’s bathroom.

--

Jessica entered the bathroom while still embracing Tiffany with her free arm.

“Hey” Jessica says while tilting Tiffany’s chin up.

Jessica and Tiffany are now looking directly at one another. Tiffany’s eyes were red and filled with endless tears while Jessica’s eyes were filled with mixed emotions of concern and curiosity.

“Did I say something wrong?” Jessica asks gently while wiping Tiffany’s tears with tissues.

Tiffany shook her head.

“Then why are you crying?”

Tiffany mumbles incoherent words.

“Fany-ah I need you to stop crying so you can tell me what’s bothering you”

Tiffany sniffs while trying to control her emotions.

Jessica pulls Tiffany into another comforting hug.

“Shh, let it out. Tell me later when you’re ready”

“Thank you Jessica” Tiffany mumbles silently.

Luckily Jessica caught those three words.

“If you keep crying you’ll never be as pretty as me”

Tiffany hit Jessica’s chest.

“Are you trying to make me feel better?”

“I’m trying to make you stop crying”

Tiffany gives a slight chuckle while wiping her tears on Jessica’s clothes.

Jessica noticed the smeared eye makeup on her shirt.

There goes my white Gucci double front shirt.

Tiffany noticed how Jessica dropped both of her arms.

Tiffany looked up awkwardly to meet Jessica’s stare on her shirt.

“Oh my god” Tiffany gasps while noticing what Jessica was looking at.

“I-I’m  sorry…”

Jessica closed her eyes and exhaled slowly.

She’s your friend…

She doesn’t know its Gucci…

You’re filthy rich…

But it’s your favorite shirt…


“Jess-“Jessica cut Tiffany off by placing her index finger on Tiffany’s lips.

“Shh”

“Since you ruined my favorite shirt, you owe me a favor” Jessica added serious.

Tiffany kept mum.

I ruined Jessica’s favorite shirt.

“Do you want me to pay you back?!”

“Trust me, you wouldn’t want too”

“Oh come on it can’t be that bad” Tiffany said teasingly but gulped when she met Jessica’s serious gaze.

“It’s Gucci and it’s worth 890,000 won”

Upon hearing such numbers, Tiffany’s mouth dropped.

“G-G-gucci?!”

“Ha-ha you’re joking right? Jessi?”

“Do you want to double check the tag on the back?” Jessica asked seriously

“Not really…”

Tiffany looked down towards the ground and began to pout.

“Don’t be sad, I’m not going to make you pay for it” Jessica says while trying to bring up the mood.

“Are you sure? It’s expensive. Really expensive” Tiffany says guiltily.

“Yes I’m sure, but you owe me a favor”

“What kind of favor?”

“We’ll see” Jessica says while smiling cheekily at Tiffany.

Jessica and Tiffany were staring contently at one another.

“YAH! WHO THE HELL IS IN THE BATHROOM”  a lady says while impatiently knocking on the bathroom door.

The sudden noise interrupted the duo’s intimate stares.

Jessica was the first one to drop the stare. Jessica opened the door annoyingly ready to release HellSica on the person who disrupted her.

The girl gulped when she met Jessica’s cold stare.

“S-sorry” the girl says apologetically while bowing.

Jessica chuckles at the frightened girl.

“It’s okay, my friend had explosive diarrhea” Jessica says while pulling out Tiffany’s arm.

Tiffany looked at Jessica wide-eyed, “NO! I didn’t! I swear!” Tiffany screams defensibly, trying to save her dignity.

“Fany-ah it’s okay… everyone poops… except for me cause I’m a goddess” Jessica says arrogantly.

The young girl is looking at the two bewildered.

Tiffany looked at the younger girl in an uncomfortable state.

“Jessi…I think we should let her use the bathroom” Tiffany whispers while nudging Jessica’s side.

“Oh yeah” Jessica says while walking out of the bathroom with Tiffany trailing behind her.

The younger girl entered the bathroom and locked the door immediately; she never met such weirdoes in her life.

Tiffany elbowed Jessica’s ribs.

“What the heck Tiffany?!” Jessica says painfully while massaging her injured ribs.

“Why did you tell her I had explosive diarrhea?!”

“Why not? I thought it was funny” Jessica says bluntly.

“It’s funny cause you weren’t the one accused of having explosi-“ Jessica cut off Tiffany by covering Tiffany’s mouth with her hand.

“Shh”

Tiffany is mumbling words under Jessica’s hand.

“Okay, okay I’m sorry I told the girl you had EXPLOSIVE diarrhea” Jessica says

Tiffany sharply nudges Jessica on her side.

“Ouch Tiffany, stop hitting me!”

“Stop saying nonsense!”

“No way!”

“Yes way!”

Tiffany rolls her eyes in defeat.

Jessica smirks.

I win.

“Jessica, I think your phone is ringing” Tiffany says

“Really?”

“Yeah”

Jessica reached into her back pocket and pulled out her sleek white iPhone, the lock screen read 22 missed calls. She unlocked her phone with her 4 digit code and checked to see who had called her so many times.

5 missed calls – Yoona

6 missed calls – Krystal

4 missed calls – Seobaby

7 missed calls – Kwon Yuri

Aiish

Jessica hurriedly excused herself from Tiffany; rushing outside and immediately returning the calls, starting off with Kwon Yuri.

Jessica urgently presses the iPhone closely towards her ear, anticipating for Yuri to pick up. Things are going through Jessica’s mind; Why did Yuri, Yoona, Seohyun, and her sister call her so many times? For what reasons? Is she in trouble?

A voice interrupted her thoughts but also calmed her anticipating heart.

“Jessica!”

“Yuri, what’s going on? Did something happen?”

“Jessica… He’s back”

Jessica’s hand dropped towards her side, the phone now hanging near her thigh. Jessica was speechless.

“Jessica?!” Yuri screamed on the phone

“You there?!” another scream

“JESSICA!”

Jessica slowly snapped back to reality and with her hand trembling she carefully brought the phone closer to ear once again.

“Y-yuri”

“Why is he back? And what does he want?”

“He wants you, Sica”

Jessica was too shocked to answer Yuri.

“Return to the office immediately Sica and that’s an order”

Yuri hanged up.

Jessica’s hand lost grip of the iPhone, it slowly shattered on the rugged cement ground.

He’s back…

What did I do this time?

I’m gonna die.

----

A/N: I guess AF deleted this chapter o.o

New readers: Prepare for drama.