Chapter 2: Irony

Undercover Boss

 

Arriving home, Jessica was exhausted she walked straight to her room and plopped onto her bed. She fell dead asleep within minutes.

--

Day 2:

It was 11:30 AM and Jessica was still asleep, Princess had forgotten she had work today. When Jessica WAS the CEO the lad could’ve gone to work whenever the hell she wanted, heck that’s if SHE wanted to go to work that is.

Little Jung was eating breakfast on a Saturday morning, watching her Saturday cartoons. She’s 17 years old; you’d think she’d be too old for cartoons, but nah, nothings ever too cool for Krystal Jung. While Krystal was munching away, she glanced over to light pink digital clock to her left on the dining table which read 11:45, remembering to wake up the idiot sleeping princess for her second day of work.  So master little Jung decided to have fun with this little ‘favor’ she’s going to do for her lovely older sister.

The mischievous Jung was up to no good, she ran her way giddily to the refrigerator and grabbed herself THE largest cucumber there ever was known to mankind. She laughed silently to herself while running up stairs silently. If anyone else witnessed this scene, they would’ve thought Krystal Jung was officially the crazy maniac, but like I said, she was the coolest kid on earth.

Krystal creaked Jessica’s room door open about 3 inches checking to see if sleeping beauty was still sleeping; in conclusion she still was ( no surprise right?). Krystal chuckled silently before attempting her master plan; Wake up sleeping beauty with her favorite    evil cucumber.  Krystal tiptoed over to Jessica’s bed, while peaking over the latter, poor Jessica… who was sleeping so peacefully.

Krystal gently and slowly brought the cucumber closer and closer to Jessica’s little rabbit nose. The sleeping girl turned to the opposite direction away from the object. Krystal smiled in success; she moved over to the other side of the bed and repeated her actions from before.

Jessica kept on sniffing… and sniffing, till she finally grasped on to the wretched smell. Jessica’s eyes turned from being dead shut closed, to being wide eyed.

Jessica realizing what was in front of her face, screamed at the top of her lungs. Poor little Jung… she didn’t deserve such a punishment; she just released HellSica.

“YAH! JUNG SOOJUNG!” Jessica said while still screaming

Krystal covered her ears immediately, shutting out any noise possible. But it was somewhat impossible to cover up such a horrendous scream.

“UNNIE! YOU’RE GOING TO WAKE UP THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD!”

“WE DON’T HAVE NEIGHBORS!”

“THEN YOU’RE GOING TO SCARE AWAY ALL THE BIRDS!”

“GOOD! ALL THEY DO IS POOP EVERYWHERE!”

Krystal shook her head at the immature sight in front of her. This is the many reasons why she loves Jessica. She was always fun to mess around with; Jessica was probably the biggest cry baby ever.

“WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP!” Jessica said while still screaming like a 5 year old.

“Sorry MS.JUNG but today is YOUR second day at WORK at MyJ” Krystal said while screaming back at her sister.

“WHAT?! WHY DIDN’T YOU SAY THAT BEFORE?” Jessica said while immediately rushing out of bed, tripping on her clothes and landing flat on her precious face.

Krystal laughed at her clumsy sister and walked over to help her up.

Jessica thanked her sister and apologized for her immature antics. Krystal only nodded in response and helped Jessica get ready for work. The Jung sisters may seem like the biggest enemies of one another but they do love each other dearly, teasing each other was the way they showed their affection.

--

After 30 minutes Jessica was finally ready to go to work, even though she was 3 hours late, but at least she’s showing up right? Jessica and Krystal walked down the stairs to the front door; Jessica thanked and hugged Krystal while patting her bum. Krystal pulled away and gave a disgusted work, but smiled when she saw Jessica pout. She couldn’t deny her sister’s adorable pout, the way Jessica quivered her lips was too hard for anyone to reject.

--

Jessica had her driver drop her off a little closer near MyJ, she thought having to walk a half of mile for 7 days was ridiculous, she worked out enough and she HATED running. Jessica was late, but she follows her motto; never run even when you’re late, it doesn’t make a difference anyways.  Arriving around 3 hours late to work, she walked in coolly into MyJ, only to be stopped by none other, Park Gyuri.

“You’re late” Gyuri says while pointing at her so imaginary watch on her wrist.

“I know, I over slept” Jessica said calmly

“You overslept 3 hours?”

“Yes someone as beautiful as me, needs as much sleep possible” Jessica replied nonchalantly earning a scoff from Gyuri.

“I’m not in the mood to argue with you today. Go clock in and work” Gyuri said while walking away from Jessica.

Jessica- 2    Gyuri- 0

Jessica was satisfied, today was somewhat starting off pretty good. She clocked herself in, and made her way to the stock room to pull out more clothes to put on display.

Jessica came out with three boxes in her arms, covering the latter’s view. Jessica bumped into one of the tables and groaned in pain, trying to ignore such pain because she wasn’t ready to pick up clothes off the floor if the boxes toppled over her.

Jessica basically slammed the three boxes on empty table in the center of store earning looks from almost everyone inside the store. Noticing her nuisance Jessica quickly smiles apologetically and unboxed all of the clothing.

--

Tiffany finished her section of the store, which she thought was the best looking part of the store. She thought why she was so full of herself today; maybe it was starting to rub off on her from a certain Jung. She decided to ignore such thoughts and looked over to check on Jessica, the poor girl had trouble unboxing the clothes, there was cardboard ripped up everywhere, the clothes weren’t even out of the box; Jessica Jung had trouble opening a taped cardboard box. Tiffany shook her head and smiled to herself while making her way to the confused girl.

“Having a little trouble there?” Tiffany said while grabbing scissors and cutting open the box for Jessica with ease.

Jessica looked at Tiffany with amazement, she did her task in a matter of seconds which would’ve took Jessica somewhat days.

Jessica had open the whole time, while Tiffany unboxed all of the clothes for her and placed them neatly on the table.

While Tiffany finished she looked up and saw Jessica staring at her with amusement. Tiffany chuckled and broke Jessica’s train of thoughts.

“Woooow”

Tiffany chuckled at Jessica’s reaction.

--

Tiffany taught Jessica how to fold clothes, how to stack, how to dress the mannequins, Tiffany basically gave Jessica the whole throw down on retail. Jessica was amazed at how much Tiffany knew, she hated to admit it, but Tiffany seemed to know MyJ better than Jessica did herself.

After helping Jessica finish setting up her section, Tiffany and Jessica went to the break room to take a quick break. 

“How come you were late today?” Tiffany asked Jessica worried

“Oh I overslept” Jessica said while trying to cover her shame.

“What time did you exactly sleep?”

“Right after I took you home”

“ You slept around 12 hours…”

“Yea and?” Jessica replied nonchalantly

Tiffany shook her head in dismay; this girl was really something else.

Now that there was actual decent lighting, Jessica’s bruise on the bridge of her nose became really noticeable.

“What happened to your nose?” Tiffany asked confused

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked confused as well

“You have a bruise the size of baseball on the bridge of your nose…”

“Where on my nose?!” Jessica asked frantically

Tiffany touched Jessica’s bruise a little too hard that the latter started to freak out in pain.

“OWW TIFFANY!” Jessica said while tearing up

Tiffany immediately retreated and started blowing on Jessica’s nose thinking that it would help the pain.

Jessica eyed Tiffany oddly, what a weird reaction. But Jessica didn’t say anything cause she simply enjoyed the attention Tiffany gave her.

While Tiffany was still blowing onto Jessica’ nose for the past few seconds, the complete comfortable silence was rudely interrupted by Jessica’s monstrous stomach.

Tiffany stopped what she was doing and gave Jessica a ‘WTF’ look.

“Someone’s hungry…”

“Yea well.. not really..”

“Your stomach says otherwise”

Jessica was caught, she hadn’t eaten for over 15 hours, and she was REALLY hungry.

“Pfft, well okay.. Maybe just a little”

“Let’s go grab something to eat, it’s my treat today”

“Are you sure we can leave? Gyuri’s going to go crazy..”

“Wow you’re actually scared of her?”

“No, she’s just annoying”

“I see, but she won’t know that we’re gone. As long as you don’t tell” Tiffany says while winking

“Who do you think I am? A Tattle tell?! No Way!” Jessica said while grabbing Tiffany’s arm and dragging her out of the store.

“Wow.. Jessica Jung such a rebel” Tiffany says teasingly while the two walk down the busy streets of Seoul.

Jessica scoffed and continued walking leaving Tiffany behind.

“JESSICA WAIT!” Tiffany says while trying to catch up, but bumped into someone and tripped.

“Watch where you’re going!” The ahjussi screamed at Tiffany’s face, not even bothering to help her up.

Jessica witnessed the scene and rushed back to Tiffany’s side, ready to give the man hell for disrespecting Tiffany.

“YOU watch where YOU’RE going!” Jessica says while helping Tiffany get up.

“And who are you to tell me what to do?” The ahjussi says trying to grab Jessica’s arm.

Jessica shook his hand away from her arm viciously and sent him the death glare.

“I’m Jessica Jung” She says with pure coldness in her voice.

The man suddenly backs away and bows apologetically to the duo.

Tiffany was too shocked about what had happened to notice that the man had left. She was still thinking about how cool Jessica looked when she stood up for her, but the way Jessica’s voice was intimidated her a bit.

“Tiffany?” Jessica says with her angelic voice, breaking Tiffany’s train of thought.

Tiffany shook her head to bring herself back to reality.

“Ye-Yeah?”

“You okay?”

Tiffany nodded in response.

“Are you hurt anywhere? Any scratches?”

Tiffany shook her head.

--

The two girls made their way inside a Korean restaurant, it was small and cozy.  The two girls were the only customers of the restaurant and the silence was killing Jessica.

“Sorry about earlier”

Tiffany looked up at Jessica with confusion.

“I shouldn’t have walked off on you”

“It’s okay, you were only joking”

“But you got hurt because of it”

“It wasn’t your fault”

“Yea it was, if I stood by your side no one would’ve bumped into you”

“It’s okay Jessica, really.”

Jessica pouted, and Tiffany began to awe at the cute and adorable sight before her.

--

Jessica finished 3 bowls of naengmyun while Tiffany only finished 1. Tiffany was quite amazed with how much this little girl could eat. But Tiffany had no idea Jessica didn’t eat for about 15 hours straight.

After Tiffany paid the bill, the duo decided to take a walk in the nearby park.

--

It was around 5 o’clock and the sun was setting, the two were walking down hand in hand, just enjoying each other. It’s quite funny actually, how they’ve only known each other for somewhat days, but it feels like forever for the both of them.

“People say this park is what makes love spark” Tiffany says while gazing at the sunset.

The two have decided to settle down on a bench under the tree which still overlooked the sunset.

“What a cheesy slogan” Jessica commented while fixing her gaze on Tiffany.

“But it’s true!”

“Why are you in love?” Jessica eyed the latter suspiciously. Deep inside Jessica really wanted Tiffany to say no, for whatever reason she does not know why.

“Not yet” Tiffany admits while looking away. Jessica sighed in relief.

“That’s good!” Jessica says excitedly but calmed herself down when Tiffany looked at her weirdly.

“I-I mean like…”

“That I’m too good for people?” Tiffany says teasingly

“You’re so full of yourself” Jessica says while hitting Tiffany’s arm playfully.

“Says the one “Someone as beautiful as me needs that much sleep””

“You heard that…?”

“Of course, Gyuri’s voice is quite loud, ya know?”

Jessica nervously chuckled.

“Oh Jessi, I’m just kidding!” Tiffany says while playfully nudging into the latter.

“Jessi?” Jessica asked confusedly

“Yea! Don’t you like it?” Tiffany says proudly

“Eh..”

“You don’t like the nickname I gave you?” Tiffany says while looking disappointed

“ I LOVE it!”

“Yea right…”

“Really! You can call me Jessi from now on!” Jessica says while trying to cheer up the latter.

“REALLY?!” Tiffany exclaimed excitedly

“Yes really” Jessica says coolly.

The two have been conversing with one another comfortably. Asking questions, and answering questions. Playfully teasing one another, if any onlooker would’ve been near the two would’ve assumed they were best friends or maybe even lovers.  

But the irony here is that neither one notices the unusual feeling each is feeling. Like why Jessica feels like a different person when she’s with Tiffany or why Tiffany is suddenly so comfortable with being herself with someone she met just a few days ago.

Tiffany puts up a timid front, to push away anyone who tries to be near her.

Jessica puts up a cold front, because she doesn’t want anyone to see her as a weak individual.

It’s ironic isn’t it?