Chapter 10: Mean

Undercover Boss

 

Chapter 10: Mean

Today was the day both Jessica and Tiffany would start their “new” lives under Jung Corporation. What they both don’t know is that fate has decided to play a little game between the two.

Tiffany woke up an hour early before she had to arrive for her job. She brushed her teeth and took a shower, she wore the uniform required for the classy company; professional attire of a flawless women’s black suit with a white silk button up and sleek black slacks accompanied with her shining black heels.

Finishing all of her preparations for her first big day, Tiffany walked out of her apartment and locked her worn down door. She made her way out of the complex and headed down the street towards her bus stop. The bus arrived within minutes and the ride to the nearest stop was a 15 minute drive.

--

Tiffany stepped out of the old bus and walked towards the company on the opposite side of the street. She looked up and was awe struck with the magnificent architecture of the company building, the glass walls, the reflection of the city illuminating from the building was beautiful; the way the sun shined perfectly on the building gave the building a sparkle-like demeanor.

After being finished with staring at the beautifully constructed building Tiffany closed and brushed her uniform before making her way inside the building. The way the automatic glass doors glided across the white marble floor silently amused Tiffany. Tiffany was like a red dot in an all-white room, she stood out, she was an outsider and she could feel the stares coming from her new coworkers, they snickered at her; but she chose to ignore them.

Tiffany had her jet black hair pulled back in a tight, ponytail; it looked good on her. She made her way towards the glass-mirrored elevator, the way her heels clicked against the floor made her feel like she was on top of the world; she was no longer just Tiffany Hwang but Designer Tiffany Hwang.

Tiffany stepped into the elevator, she was once again amazed at how technologic the whole company was; the elevator was clear, she could see the outside, the way the buttons were clear as well; the outline of numbers lit up with a cool, neon blue light.

The dazed brunette stepped out of the elevator on the 5th floor; the designer’s floor. She made her way towards her boss’s office where she would be introduced to everyone on her floor. Tiffany found her boss’s office; Sa Yung Hee. Tiffany knocked on the door gently.

“Come in” an elegant voice says from inside the room.

Tiffany opened the door slightly poking her head through the crack.

The room was filled with other people. She had no idea who her boss was.

“I-uh”

“Are you Tiffany Hwang?” an elegant woman with black hair asks gingerly

“Y-yes”

“We’ve been waiting for you, come on in” the woman says while smiling warmly.

Tiffany smiled back in relief.

“Everyone this is Tiffany Hwang, she is new and will be under our department” the woman declares directly to the group of people.

“H-hi, I’m Tiffany Hwang. Please take care of me” Tiffany says while bowing a 90 degrees bow.

Everyone greeted Tiffany respectively. Tiffany was happy, she was glad that her department was filled with nice and caring souls. It was a relief, honestly.

--

“Hi, I’m Choi Sooyoung” the tall girl greeted Tiffany

“Hi, I’m Tiffany!”

“I guess we’ll see a lot of each other huh?” the girl Sooyoung says.

“I think, are you new here too?”

“Yes” Sooyoung says while smiling, crumbs could be seen on the sides of .

“This building is huge, I almost got lost” Tiffany admits cutely, earning a chuckle from Sooyoung.

“Yeah, all the walking makes me hungry”

“Oh”

“Girls! Get over here! We’re going to tour the company” Director Sa shouts over to Tiffany and Sooyoung.

The two girls looked at each other and shrugged and walked together following the rest of the group.

--

Director Sa went on every floor of the building; every floor was a different department. Director Sa carefully and thoroughly explained what department is responsible for. Finishing her tour, the director thought it would be great to have lunch with her new designers.

The department was now on the last floor; the administration/directing department. This floor was where all of the directors gathered for board meetings.

--

“Hi, my name is Jessica Jung. I’m the new Business and Finance director” Jessica says while greeting herself to her new coworkers.

Her coworkers were awe struck with the beautiful blonde before them.

“There’s no way someone that y could be our boss” a murmur from one of the guys was heard.

Jessica simply smiled at the compliment.

The girls stared at Jessica with mixed emotions; envy and jealously.

“Who does she think she is… marching in here like she owns the place” one of the girls whispered to her group of friends.

“But she’s pretty” another girl whispered back to the group.

“I bet she had plastic surgery done” another whisper was made.

“Actually I’m naturally this pretty, and it’s not very nice to talk bad about your boss on the first day, don’t you think?” Jessica says arrogantly while nearing the group of gossiping girls.

The group of girls rolled their eyes before scattering themselves back to work.

Jessica chuckled at the immaturity her workers.

--

Director Sa directed her team towards the lunch room. Tiffany trailed behind the group with SooYoung siding with her, the two were speechless. Tiffany was amazed at how professionally comfortable the lunch room was designed, the way the light mint walls complimented the orange border lines. The way the north wall wasn’t really a wall but a horrifically huge window that overlooked the view of Seoul. 

Sooyoung, on the other hand was amazed at you know… the diversity and quantity of food lying before her.

The group made their way towards the table that bordered the window. Tiffany was somewhat afraid of heights and decided to sit in the chair the farthest away from the window, Sooyoung sat next to her.

Tiffany is seen looking into space with her head plopped on her left hand while her right hand held a silver fork that was poking at her salad, absentmindedly.

Sooyoung could be seen stuffing with food at an astonishing pace.

--

Jessica walked into the cafeteria alone with her blonde hair swaying back in forth in a motion while her heels made a steady click across the marble floor.

Suddenly the atmosphere in the room turned dramatically when all of the attention was placed on the beautiful blonde before them.

“Yah Fany” Sooyoung nudged Tiffany.

“What?” Tiffany says while snapping back to reality.

“Look” Sooyoung says while pointing her finger towards Jessica.

Tiffany turns her head towards the direction of Sooyoung’s finger.

Her jaw dropped.

“She’s pretty huh?”Sooyoung asked innocently.

“Really…pretty” Tiffany says while admiring the blonde.

“Shes mine!” Sooyoung says before rushing her way towards Jessica.

“Wh-what?!” Tiffany says while gasping at Sooyoung’s sudden action.

Sooyoung is now pacing quickly towards the blonde.

Tiffany watches her attentively.

The tall monster was now behind the blonde, she slowly lifted her left arm with her index finger outstretched ready to tap the blonde on her shoulder.

--

Jessica was at the counter to receive her lunch. While she was busy deciding what she wanted to eat she couldn’t help but notice the strange presence that was behind her. She prayed that whatever or whoever was behind her would go away if she pretended to not notice it. When she lifted her tray with a salad on top she felt a tap on her shoulder, she froze immediately.

Sooyoung had an outrageous smile plastered on her face while she waited for the blonde to turn around.

Jessica turned around ready to glare at her intruder.

Sooyoung’s smile instantly faded. Her face was now disoriented with fear plastered on it.

“What?” the blonde said coldly

Sooyoung was speechless. How could someone that pretty, be so mean?

“I-I skfdjkfa” incoherent words were now flowing out of Sooyoung’s mouth.

Jessica looked at the tall monster with an amusing smirk before walking away.

Sooyoung had her jaw dropped, her eyes were now huge. She turned around, disappointed and walked back to the table with her coworkers.

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung confusedly, wondering what had happened.

Sooyoung slumped into her chair and pushed her food of tray away before facing Tiffany.

“She’s mean” Sooyoung said sternly.

“What?”

“You can have her”

“Soo, what happened?”

“She gave me the scariest look ever. Her voice was angelic but ice cold like the artic winds.”

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung dumbfounded, like she was joking.

“Seriously?” Tiffany says while holding in her laughter.

“Ice cold like the artic winds?” Tiffany says mockingly, earning a glare from her friend.

Tiffany kept mummed.

--

Tiffany and her coworkers all finished eating. They retreated back to their department. Tiffany was left behind because she felt bad about the mess they had made and decided to clean up after them.

“I’ll meet up with you guys later” Tiffany says while smiling to her fellow workers.

“Tiff, you don’t have to clean up. They have people who do that for us” a male worker said.

“It’s okay,  I’ll feel bad if I don’t”

“Suit yourself” with that the whole group walked off, chatting.

Tiffany placed all of the trash on the trays that were stacked neatly on top of one another.  The table was completely cleared off with a few stains here and there but that could be cleaned when the workers sprayed down the tables clean.  Tiffany clasped her hands together and eye smiled at the table before her.

Tiffany walked out of the cafeteria and headed towards the elevator. She heard the elevator ding, but she was a few meters away. Tiffany shouted for the people inside the elevator to wait for her.

--

Jessica was now inside the elevator waiting for the door to open. It soon dinged open and she entered. Jessica heard a scream saying for her to wait for that person before going up. Jessica rolled her eyes and waited for the person who screamed to enter.

Tiffany ran towards the elevator with her heels slamming against the floor. She was breathless; who knew the elevator could be so far.

Tiffany entered and stared at the blonde who was in the elevator with her.

Jessica felt a hard stare on her and decided to glare at whoever was staring. She lifted her head slowly ready to penetrate the victim with her fierce brown eyes, but when she met the latter’s face her whole face softened up.

Tiffany

--

TBC

Jeti is baaaaaaaaaack. *fangirl screams*

SMtown in California... I can't go because I'm two states away ! ONLY TWO! :(

This fic will somewhat be like City Hunter, maybe different? I don't even know anymore.

Chapter 11: Teaser

"No way! She smiled at you?!"

"You don't know who I am?"

"Sorry"