๋‚™๋‹ด (Dejection)

๋ณด๋”” ๊ฐ€๋“œ (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey everyone! I'm sorry for not updating two days ago. Life got busy, you know how it is. But here's the new chapter, and I'm grateful for all the love you've shown! ๐Ÿ˜Š

---

ย 

"Hey, you seem a bit off."

ย 

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me," Yoona replied with a soft smile, following Jessica around the store as she filled her cart with various groceries.

ย 

Jessica had decided to do some grocery shopping today, as she enjoyed the activity.

ย 

"Are you sure?" Jessica asked with concern, placing a hand on Yoona's shoulder. "If you ever need someone to talk to about your problems, I'm here to listen, okay?" Yoona smiled and nodded in gratitude.

ย 

Jennie... She always asks if I'm okay and offers comfort if I'm not.

ย 

"I suddenly have a craving for milk, don't know why. Do you want this brand?" Jessica held up a carton of milk.

ย 

It was the same brand that Jennie had brought last night. I should try it, just to see if it's good. Wait, why am I thinking like this?

ย 

"Uh, sure," Yoona replied.

ย 

Jessica smiled, and after finishing their shopping, they headed to the cashier to pay.

ย 

"So, how was the 'out of the country' trip?" Yoona asked, trying to start a conversation as they left the store and walked to the parking lot.

ย 

"It was fine. You know, the usual stuff," they both chuckled. Yoona opened the car door for Jessica.

ย 

"Now, where to, Ms. Jung?"

ย 

"Jessica."

ย 

Yoona furrowed her brows, looking a bit puzzled. "I didn't ask for your name. I was asking where you'd like to go next."

ย 

Jessica playfully rolled her eyes. "I want to go to the salon. I need to get my nails done."

ย 

Yoona nodded, setting the navigation to the salon.

ย 

"It's 'Jessica' from now on," Jessica repeated.

ย 

"Oh, okay. What's up?"

ย 

"No more formalities. Just call me Jessica," Jessica said, not entirely sure why she had made the request. Maybe she just didn't want to be addressed as 'Ms. Jung' anymore. It made her feel old, and that wasn't something she wanted.

ย 

After arriving at the destination and parking the car, Yoona opened the car door for Jessica.

ย 

As they entered the place, they were surprised by the people inside. Jessica observed Yoona, who seemed to be looking at them expressionlessly. Yoona didn't even greet them, which made Jessica wonder if something was wrong.

ย 

Jessica found her seat and pulled out her phone to reply to a message from Tyler.

ย 

Yoona stood by her side and chose to sit on the couch. Even bodyguards need breaks. She knew that the short brunette and her friends were taken aback by her presence. As if I planned this.

ย 

Yoona could sense the tension and awkwardness from the short brunette's friends, so she decided to pass the time by playing games on her phone.

ย 

"Jen, I'm back," a voice said. Yoona didn't need to look up to know who it was, but something compelled her to do so, and she immediately regretted it.

ย 

Their eyes locked for a moment, until the person looked away, causing a mental smirk from Yoona.

ย 

"Oh, Jessica Unnie," the person greeted Jessica, who returned the greeting.

ย 

"Hi Kai, didn't know you still have a crush on her," Jessica teased, earning an eye roll from Jennie.

ย 

Yoona couldn't explain why Jessica's comment irritated her.

ย 

"Because I love her," Yoona heard from Kai, gripping her phone to calm down, observed by Jisoo who had been keeping an eye on her.

ย 

"Alright, you little love-struck kid," Jessica and Jongin chuckled, going back to what they were doing.

ย 

Why is he here? Did he and Jennie get back together? Why am I so bothered by this?

ย 

Yoona told Jessica she was going to the restroom. Inside, she looked at herself in the mirror, trying to make sense of her emotions. Why are you suddenly getting worked up over this? You hurt her. She doesn't deserve you, and you don't deserve anyone.

ย 

Her phone rang, pulling her out of her thoughts. Seeing Chief Park's number, she answered without hesitation.

ย 

"You wouldn't believe this."

ย 

"What is it?"

ย 

"Son Na Eun. You knew her, don't you?"

ย 

Yoona closed her eyes and let out a heavy sigh. Massaging her temples with her left hand, she slowly opened her eyes.

ย 

"Tell me it's what I think it is."

ย 

She heard a sigh from the other end, fatigue evident in his voice. "She was rushed to the hospital earlier. No serious injuries, just a minor headache."

ย 

Yoona frowned slightly. "Same evidence, Chief?"

ย 

"Yes."

ย 

"Alright. Okay, I'll be there in an hour after I drop off Ms. Jung."

ย 

She hung up and put her phone in her pocket. She splashed water on her face and heard the restroom door open. Glancing at the mirror's reflection, she saw the cat-eyed girl walking towards her, applying lipstick.

ย 

Before Yoona could stare at her for too long, she averted her gaze back to her own reflection.

ย 

Who are you? And why do you have the audacity to do this to me? The three were in danger because of me. Shouldn't I blame myself for this? For my foolishness and for not doing my best to catch the suspects. Whyโ€”

ย 

"Hey."

ย 

Yoona snapped out of her thoughts, hearing the girl's voice. She turned her attention to her with a confused expression. "What?" She looked at the short brunette, who seemed about to speak but then decided against it.

ย 

"You look ," the short brunette remarked, before leaving the restroom, leaving Yoona dumbfounded.

ย 

Did she just call me ? The nerve of that woman.

ย 

Shaking her head, Yoona finished up and left the restroom. She was relieved to find that Jessica was also ready.

ย 

The Blackpink members were already outside, maintaining a distance. Tension still lingered between them, except for Jongin and Jessica.

ย 

Once Jessica got inside the car, Yoona found herself looking in their direction. Jongin was being a gentleman, opening the car door for the rest of the Blackpink members, especially the short brunette.

ย 

Why do you always smile at him like that, Jen? It's so frustrating.

ย 

Yoona sighed and frowned, not realizing that the short brunette had been watching her as well. She had noticed something off about the detective earlier and had done her best to hide her concern. While she had come to terms with her one-sided love and was attempting to move on, it was hard for her to ignore the Detective's sadness.

ย 

"You look sad," Jessica commented after getting out of the car.

ย 

Yoona managed a small smile, shaking her head. "How could you tell, Ms. Jung?"

ย 

Jessica rolled her eyes and glared at her. "I told you to call me Jessica."

ย 

"I'm just teasing, Sica. No offense intended." Jessica froze, staring at Yoona. "Hey? Are you okay there, Sica?" Jessica's heart raced, trying to regain her composure.

ย 

She didn't realize her cheeks were already blushing.

ย 

"I-I'm... I'm okay."

ย 

Yoona looked at her with amusement, noticing the older girl caught off guard by the nickname. "Good. For a moment, I thought you were blushing because of the nickname I gave you." Jessica playfully punched Yoona's stomach, causing both of them to laugh.

ย 

"You're so full of yourself. Seriously!" Yoona chuckled, enjoying teasing Jessica.

ย 

However, her laughter faded as she found herself wondering why she was thinking about the short brunette again. Jennie wasn't that important to her, so why did her thoughts keep drifting back to her? What's wrong with me?

ย 

"Hey? Are you really okay? You're not your usual self today," Jessica asked, noticing Yoona's distraction.

ย 

Jennie. It's like Jennie's worried face when I'm bothered keeps popping into my mind.

ย 

"I'm fine, like I said before. No need to worry about me." Yoona smiled softly, trying to push Jennie out of her thoughts once again.

ย 

Jessica didn't want to pry into Yoona's personal matters, so she let it be.

ย 

"Alright. Take care. I'll see you tomorrow," Jessica said, surprising Yoona by giving her a kiss on the cheek.

ย 

As Jessica walked away, Yoona stood there, dumbfounded, trying to process the unexpected gesture.

ย 

"Did she just kiss me on the cheek? Oh, Sherlock, what the hell! Well, it's normal, right?" Yoona shook her head, trying to shake off the unexpected gesture from Jessica.

ย 

She got into her car and drove to the precinct. After arriving, she parked and got out of the car. However, she found herself pausing at the passenger door, lost in thought.

ย 

Jennie. I used to open the car door for her, just because she wanted me to.

ย 

"Damn it! Did Jennie distract me again? What's happening to me? I've never been like this before!" Yoona ruffled her hair in frustration, muttering to herself. She didn't notice the officers passing by, giving her confused glances.

ย 

Staring ahead, her phone rang, and she widened her eyes at the caller ID. Jennie! Should I answer it? What if it's important? No, forget it!

ย 

"Hello?" Yoona answered nervously, leaning against the passenger door.

ย 

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'll be there in a minute."

ย 

"Wait, what?"

ย 

"You heard me. Five minutes."

ย 

"Wait, Jenโ€”" Before Yoona could finish, the call was abruptly ended.

ย 

So rude.

Yoona sighed, massaging her temples. Her heart raced, and she couldn't shake off the nervousness. It felt like she was about to meet an authoritative figure higher than her.

ย 

Calm down, self. It's not like you haven't met Jennie before.

ย 

"What are you doing?" A voice interrupted her thoughts, and she froze at the sight before her.

ย 

She blinked rapidly and even slapped her cheeks. "I'm going crazy!" she exclaimed, cupping her cheeks as if trying to regain her senses.

ย 

"What's going on with you, Yoona Unnie?" Seulgi asked with concern, gripping Yoona's shoulders.

ย 

"You're not acting like yourself," Yoona muttered, her voice low.

ย 

Seulgi's brows furrowed as she tried to figure out what was troubling her cousin. The phone call earlier had been odd, and the way Yoona was talking to herself outside the car was even more peculiar. Putting the pieces together, she reached a conclusion.

ย 

With a triumphant smirk, she teased, "You're missing Jennie."

ย 

Yoona's eyes widened at the accusation, denying it immediately. "No, I'm not!" she protested, shaking her head, but Seulgi's knowing smirk told her that her cousin had seen through her. "Ugh!" Yoona exclaimed in frustration before walking into the precinct, leaving Seulgi chuckling behind her.

ย 

Seulgi pulled out her phone and sent a message to Irene, sharing the victory of her accurate assessment.

ย 

I knew it all along.

ย 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter