첫 만남 (First Encounter)

보디 가드 (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon arriving at Incheon International Airport, their exit from the plane was met with a swarm of paparazzi, their cameras flashing relentlessly.

 

"Did you tip them off?" Yoona playfully quipped as they walked past the photographers.

 

"We're not celebrities to attract their attention, so I'm not sure why they're here snapping pictures of us." 

 

Managing to escape the airport chaos, they were en route to the car provided by Sergeant Kang when the reporters caught up with them.

 

"Ms. Lim and Ms. Kang, are you planning to stay here for an extended period?"

 

Seulgi nudged Yoona, causing her to glance at her in confusion. "What?" Yoona whispered.

 

"Respond to them," Seulgi whispered back.

 

"If I answer, they'll keep hounding us. You handle this," Yoona whispered, attempting to force a smile as they faced the reporters.

 

"That's why I wanted you to answer, Unnie. I'm not quick-witted enough to respond on the spot. If I were to answer, it would take me forever." Seulgi whispered again, her exasperation evident. 

 

"You're not just slow-witted, you're slow in general." Yoona retorted with a grin, prompting a glare from Seulgi. 

 

Unbeknownst to them, the reporters found their hushed conversation amusing, unsure why the renowned detective duo were huddling and whispering. Seolhyun, catching wind of their confusion, decided to step in and provide an answer.

 

"Yes, for now, we are here to stay and assist in resolving challenging cases faced by the Korean authorities. But it's uncertain whether this will be a permanent stay," Seolhyun offered with a smile, drawing the reporters' attention.

 

As the reporters redirected their focus to Seolhyun, Yoona and Seulgi exchanged glances and shook their heads.

 

Yoona chuckled, "They should keep snapping our photos. Once they realize we're here, the media will go wild. But right now, Seolhyun's in the spotlight, and she'll get even more attention later on."

 

"Are you feeling envious?" Seulgi teased, her eyes gleaming mischievously. 

 

Yoona blinked in surprise. "What on earth are you talking about?"

 

Seulgi grinned and simply replied, "Oh, nothing," before diverting her gaze.

 

Amused by Seulgi's cryptic remark, Yoona couldn't help but regard her with curiosity. What was the younger girl alluding to? Was there something she had missed?

 

As the reporters continued their interrogation, one of them asked Seolhyun. "What is your connection with these two?"

 

Seolhyun maintained her poise and humorously responded, "Let's just say I'm their manager."

 

"You're far too attractive to be a manager. Have you ever considered becoming an idol?" another reporter inquired.

 

Seolhyun chuckled softly and turned her gaze toward Yoona and Seulgi, who were now looking at her. With a soft smile, she returned her attention to the reporters, her cheeks tinted with a blush.

 

"I'll only respond to questions related to the two famous detectives here." Seolhyun clarified, as the barrage of questions continued to pour in.

 

"I feel bad for letting her handle it all. We should have been answering these." Seulgi lamented.

 

Yoona playfully draped her arm over Seulgi's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. "If you're feeling guilty, why don't you go over there and help her answer?"

 

Seulgi shot Yoona a pointed glare and gave her a playful shove. "I'm not falling for your tricks."

 

Yoona laughed. "I was just messing with you."

 

Amidst laughter, Seolhyun's ordeal with the reporters dragged on. Yoona and Seulgi turned their attention to a growing commotion behind them. A gathering crowd and the fervent requests for autographs indicated the presence of celebrities.

 

Curious, Yoona glanced back. "What's all that? Are there other celebrities here?"

 

"I think so," Seulgi replied.

 

Amidst the crowd's fervor, they overheard a conversation nearby. "They're so adorable together! I totally ship them!" a voice exclaimed, followed by agreement from another.

 

Security personnel formed a path for the emerging celebrities, grabbing Yoona and Seulgi's attention. Wide-eyed, they both realized who the celebrities were.

 

Yoona's gaze flickered to the woman she had bumped into earlier. Swiftly, she averted her eyes and turned to Seulgi, who seemed to be looking at someone else in the crowd. That's when it hit her—Seulhyun's earlier story about the woman she had bumped into. Their shared glance confirmed their realization.

 

Before Yoona could voice her thoughts, Seulgi turned her attention back to Seolhyun. "It's her, right? The one you bumped into?"

 

With a subtle nod, Seulgi confirmed her suspicion. "And the other girl is the one I bumped into. They seem to be together."

 

"Could they be related?" Yoona pondered aloud, drawing a connection between the pairs.

 

"You think so?"

 

"Nah, forget it. It doesn't matter to us," Yoona shrugged nonchalantly, her thoughts quickly moving on.

 

As the reporters finally released Seolhyun from their scrutiny, she joined Yoona and Seulgi, who had made their way to the car.

 

"How did it go? Did they drive you crazy?" Yoona asked as they settled into the vehicle.

 

"I think I'm developing a headache. Seriously, you both owe me." Seolhyun grumbled, casting an annoyed glare at them. Yoona and Seulgi exchanged glances and burst into laughter, causing Seolhyun's irritation to deepen. "Do you find this funny?"

 

As Yoona leaned in to dab Seolhyun's forehead with her handkerchief, Seolhyun's cheeks flushed at the sudden proximity. Yoona and Seolhyun occupied the backseat, with Seulgi opting for the front passenger seat.

 

"Are you genuinely mad? My apologies, I asked Seulgi to take over those questions, but she didn't listen." Yoona explained with a chuckle.

 

Seulgi swiveled in her seat to glare at Yoona, her frustration evident. "Unnie, seriously! I told you I'm not comfortable in those situations. You should have answered since you're more accustomed to it."

 

Yoona laughed heartily, sinking into her seat, leaving Seolhyun even more flustered. "Alright, alright. It's done now."

 

Seulgi slouched in her seat with an exasperated sigh. "I'm going to catch some sleep. Wake me up when we arrive."

 

Interrupting the silence, Yoona suddenly asked, "Where are we headed today?"

 

Seolhyun spared a quick glance at Yoona. "I thought we could go to the beach. Take a day and night to relax before you two dive into your new job."

 

"Why aren't you looking at me when you talk?"

 

Seolhyun's heartbeat quickened, and she slowly turned her head to face Yoona, only to find her gaze fixed upon her. Flustered, Seolhyun quickly averted her eyes, looking out the window instead.

 

"I was just kidding. I should probably take a nap too. How about you? You should get some rest." Yoona suggested, her tone carrying a note of concern.

 

Seolhyun's heart fluttered at the concern in Yoona's voice, and the idea of hugging her crossed her mind briefly, but she quickly dismissed it as too bold for the moment.

 

"Yeah, we should," Seolhyun stammered, trying to compose herself. "I'll set an alarm, and I'll wake you two up."

 

Yoona nodded and closed her eyes, settling in for a nap. Seolhyun, however, found herself unable to tear her gaze away from the peacefully sleeping Yoona.

 

You're incredibly beautiful, Yoona Lim. How am I going to survive if you keep affecting me like this? - Seolhyun's inner thoughts raced.

 

-

Arriving at the beach resort in the afternoon, they were warmly welcomed by the owner. While Seolhyun opted for some rest, Seulgi and Yoona decided to take a stroll along the beach.

 

As they walked, they noticed a gathering of people at the far end of the beach. Intrigued, they made their way towards the commotion to get a closer look. 

 

They arrived to see a man holding a woman hostage, his grip tight around her neck, and a knife dangerously close to her stomach. The girl trembled in fear.

 

"Unnie, isn't that the girl you bumped into?" Seulgi asked, attempting to peer through the crowd.

 

"Yes, it's her," Yoona confirmed, her gaze fixed on the terrified woman.

 

A deep voice interrupted the tense atmosphere. "Don't hurt her, or you'll have to deal with me! Let her go now!" The voice belonged to a man, filled with anger and determination.

 

The crowd around them pleaded with the man to release the girl. The resort's security personnel were present, guns ready, but approaching cautiously to avoid triggering a reckless action from the captor.

 

Amid the chaos, people began whispering that the famous Detective Duo was present. Seulgi and Yoona remained unaware of the attention drawn to them.

 

Seulgi turned to Yoona, a worried expression on her face. "Shouldn't we try to help her? We're detectives, it's our duty to protect people."

 

Yoona sighed and looked at Seulgi. "I understand how you feel, but this isn't our case. The police are on their way, and they're better equipped to handle this situation."

 

Seulgi kept her eyes fixed on Yoona, her concern evident. "But Unnie, it's our job to save people."

 

Yoona's gaze softened, understanding Seulgi's perspective. "I know, but sometimes, it's important to let others handle their responsibilities. We can't interfere with every situation."

 

"Come on, let's leave. After all, we're here to enjoy the day before our work starts. We wouldn't even remember this after some time." Yoona suggested, turning to walk away.

 

Seulgi lowered her shoulders with a resigned sigh and followed Yoona. However, their departure was halted by a shout.

 

"Wait!" The duo turned back to face the scene, and their eyes met the intense gaze of the man involved.

 

Pointing at them, Yoona and Seulgi exchanged a surprised glance before Yoona gestured to herself and Seulgi. The man nodded, his expression urgent. "You're the well-known Detective Duo who's solved many cases in America, right?

 

Yoona's brows furrowed as she addressed the man. "And if we are?"

 

The man's proclamation caught the attention of everyone present, their focus now on Yoona and Seulgi. "You have to help! I know who you are, you can defuse this situation!"

 

As the weight of the situation settled in, Yoona felt the woman's gaze locked onto her, her desperation evident.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter