아시아 아티스트 상 (ASIAN ARTIST AWARD 2019)

보디 가드 (THE BODYGUARDS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey there, I know I promised an update for tomorrow, but guess what? I couldn't wait, so here it is! First things first, a huge thank you to all you lovely people for showing love to this creation of mine (not that serious though). Seriously though, thanks a ton. I wouldn't be here typing this if it weren't for all of you. You've played a special role in my life, and words can't describe how grateful I am. Okay, enough of that cheesy stuff, go ahead and scroll down to enjoy this chapter. Thanks once again! :))

---

 

Yoona's eyes fluttered open, her body aching. There was a weight on top of her, and as she blinked, she realized that Jennie was peacefully asleep on her.

 

She wondered what time it was and reached for her phone on the bedside table. Still wrapped around Jennie, they seemed quite at ease with each other. The time read 7:30 in the morning.

 

"Jen, wake up," Yoona murmured in a husky voice, feeling the added weight of Jennie.

 

"As much as I'd love to hear your y, raspy voice, can you give me five more minutes, please?" She smiled as she heard Jennie respond with a cute voice, secretly finding it endearing.

 

Something felt strange though. Why did she find Jennie so adorable whenever she tried to be cute? It was driving her crazy.

 

"Fine," Jennie mumbled, seemingly pleased that Yoona had given in.

 

She snuggled closer to Yoona's neck, making Yoona shiver. "Stop doing that," Yoona protested.

 

"Doing what?" Jennie asked, her eyes still closed.

 

"Tickling me."

 

"I didn't tickle you."

 

Rolling her eyes, Yoona sighed, "But your breath is."

 

"Like this?" Jennie teased, playfully blowing air onto Yoona's neck. Yoona tried to hold back her laughter, but Jennie's teasing got the best of her. She burst into uncontrollable laughter, struggling to push Jennie away. 

 

Amidst the laughter, Yoona flipped the situation around. She managed to sit on Jennie's lap, pinning her down while holding onto Jennie's hands tightly to protect herself from the tickles.

 

"Stop!" Yoona warned, her playful tone evident. Jennie bit her lip, feeling a sudden warmth spreading through her.

 

Their current position would definitely raise eyebrows if anyone walked in on them.

 

"Stop what?" She asked with a seductive tone.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes, familiar with the game. She knew that continuing to tease Jennie would lead to complications. "Get up, I'm starving." She stood up from the bed, stretching her arms and legs.

 

Jennie groaned and slowly sat up, observing her beloved. "You're such a jerk."

 

Yoona nearly stumbled if she had turned around too quickly, but she managed to avoid it. "What are you talking about?"

 

Jennie crossed her arms, frustration evident. "I thought we were about to get all heated up and then get down to business, but you ruined it before we even started. You're a total buzzkill."

 

Yoona found amusement in her words. "Oh, Jennie, you should know me better. I'm not one to spoil the fun. In fact, I'm better at dancing around your family."

 

Jennie pretended to be shocked. "Really? I didn't know you could dance."

 

Yoona smirked and shrugged. "Trust me, I dance way better than your ex."

 

"Prove it, babe," Jennie said, giving her a sultry look along with her sultry voice.

 

Yoona playfully pointed her index finger at her. "Not today."

 

Jennie growled in frustration and pouted, unable to believe that Yoona had turned down the second option. "."

 

Yoona genuinely gasped, her eyes widening. "Excuse me?"

 

Jennie wore an expression of frustration, her desire building up. She was so close to bursting, and Yoona's rejections were just adding to her tension. "I think you're more of a than Jongin,"

 

"Quit mentioning that name, ugh, I hate it!"

 

Jennie got up and slowly walked toward Yoona. "Maybe that's the only way for you to take action," she said, rubbing Yoona's arm in a seductive manner, causing Yoona to almost gulp.

 

"Jen, please keep your horses in check. You mentioned you need to leave early, remember?" Yoona tried to bring reason to the situation.

 

Jennie pouted momentarily, then replaced it with a gummy smile. "You can make an exception."

 

As much as Yoona was getting aroused, she knew the timing wasn't right. There's a time and place for everything. "As tempting as that sounds, and believe me, you look incredibly attractive right now, my decision remains a no," Yoona stated firmly.

 

Jennie blushed at being called attractive. "But why?" she growled, frustration bubbling within her.

 

"Because we both know that if we give in to our desires right now, it will consume the entire morning, and you won't make it to your schedule. Plus, even if you begged me for just a few minutes, my answer would still be no. So, calm your raging hormones." Yoona patted Jennie's head, then turned and walked out of the room.

 

"COME TO THE KITCHEN AND LET'S HAVE BREAKFAST!" Yoona's voice echoed from afar.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes and bit her lip, thoughts of their position on the bed still fresh in her mind. She was angry, genuinely upset. Yoona was going to pay for this, to make up for leaving her ually frustrated. Revenge was on her mind; she was determined to turn the tables and make Yoona beg for her.

 

She walked lazily to the kitchen and found Yoona there, along with... Seulgi asleep on the couch.

 

"Seulgi came home last night?" Jennie asked curiously as she sat down, observing Yoona gathering ingredients from the refrigerator.

 

"Probably," Yoona replied, handing her a glass of milk.

 

Jennie thanked her with a smile and took a sip, clearly enjoying it. "Oh, crap! I slept next to you, which is why she ended up on the couch. I'll apologize when she wakes up," Jennie said with a hint of guilt in her voice.

 

Jennie walked over to Yoona, kissed her cheek, and then made her way to the balcony.

 

Yoona felt her cheek become wet and turned to find Jennie taking selfies at the balcony. She shook her head at Jennie's playful antics and continued cooking.

 

Jennie's joyful selfies continued until suddenly, Yoona called out, "JENNIE!"

 

"AHHHHH!!" Jennie jumped in surprise, closing her eyes and trying to catch her breath.

 

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I never thought you could be such a scaredy-cat," Yoona chuckled, clearly amused.

 

Jennie opened her eyes, watching Yoona laugh, and her annoyance turned into laughter as well. Yoona's infectious laugh was hard to resist. Still, she couldn't let Yoona get away with scaring her like that. "Do you think that's funny?" Jennie asked, rolling her eyes.

 

"Ah-huh, that's why I laughed," Yoona replied playfully.

 

Rolling her eyes again, Jennie handed her phone to Yoona. "Here, film me."

 

Yoona accepted the phone, looking a bit confused, but followed Jennie's request. She started filming Jennie's smiling face. As Yoona watched Jennie through the camera, she was captivated by the sincerity in Jennie's smile. It was the kind of smile that could melt anyone's heart, and Yoona couldn't deny its effect on her.

 

Jennie happily took her phone back and posted the video on Instagram, captioning it: "Captured by a special 🦌 in my life. I love you, my deer ❣️"

 

---

 

"Did he punch you hard?"

 

"Isn't it obvious?"

 

"Do you want to get revenge?"

 

"No need. He's already a loser."

 

"What was that?"

 

"What do you mean, what was that?"

 

"Uhh...I just saw you and Jennie Kim cuddling last night."

 

"What you saw stays in there, Seul. That's it."

 

Seulgi eyed her cousin teasingly, "Geez, I'm so exhausted! That's how I always feel when I try to get you to spill some juicy gossip."

 

What could Yoona confess? There's really nothing to confess anyway. "Because I don't have anything to confess, my dear cousin. I think it's you who should do some confessing today."

 

"Huh? What do you mean?"

 

Yoona smirked, wiggling her eyebrows as she grabbed a beer from the refrigerator, looking at Seulgi who was leaning against the sink with a confused expression.

 

"Your eyes say it all." Yoona popped open her beer can and took a sip. "And you know, I've always known... you." She said it seriously, shrugging her shoulders casually.

 

Seulgi nervously chuckled, waving her hand to dismiss Yoona's assertion. "I-it's not what you think."

 

"You just stuttered, Seul. Spill the details, my friend. Oh, did something happen earlier? Because if I recall correctly, we had a talk not too long ago about you moving on from your feelings for her. And now you're acting..." Yoona paused, searching for the right word, while Seulgi watched, realizing she couldn't hide anything from a detective. Yoona already knew everything; there was no use in avoiding the topic. She just needed to gather her courage to discuss it openly.

 

"In love? I am," Seulgi confessed, and Yoona fist-bumped her.

 

"That's what I'm talking about! You've got it!" They shared a chuckle before Yoona's expression turned serious. "You're feeling it for real this time, huh?"

 

Seulgi nodded in response. "Yes. It's just... I can't really explain what I'm feeling. It just happened. I never forced anything from the start. I simply found myself liking her so much that I even planned on confessing to her. And I never expected that we both felt the same way."

 

"You're happy," Yoona commented. They locked eyes and burst into laughter. "I knew from the start that the two of you would become a thing," she said, making Seulgi smile with a sense of relief. "Judging by your aura now, I can tell that her group members are supportive of this. The important thing is that you're happy, and as long as you're not hurting anyone with your actions, then do whatever makes you happy."

 

Seulgi laughed and shook her head; her cousin was still the same as ever. "Enough about me. What happened last night?"

 

Yoona then recounted the events of the previous night while Seulgi listened attentively. "Damn! Three women in a single day, oh wait, we have the ginger girl there too."

 

Yoona couldn't help but roll her eyes. "I don't like any part of it, okay?"

 

"Did you really follow the rules in the contract? Is that why you decided to leave at her place instead of staying there?"

 

"Yup, rule number 3. And I realized afterward that I shouldn't have cared so much about her. My purpose was to protect her, and when she told me to stop, I did. Rule number 3. I should have let her make her own choices because it's her life, not mine. Part of it is my fault, though. I interfered in their relationship and made a fool of myself. It's her relationship, so ultimately, it's her decision whether she wants to keep hurting herself or not. So, yeah."

 

It's true. Why should she care? She doesn't care. The only thing she cares about is Jessica's safety. That's it. The contract. That's what's on her mind.

 

"Do you have any background on that guy? Is he like that with other girls he's been with?"

 

Yoona shrugged in response, "I don't have any plans, and I don't know. Obviously, Ms. Jung is the only one who knows about him. She told me that she and he have been in a relationship for five years."

 

"Wow! How can someone last in a relationship that long?"

 

"I know, right? I'm pretty sure I'd feel suffocated if I experienced that. And since I don't have anyone, I'm thankful for that..." Yoona tossed the beer can into the trash as she walked over to Seulgi, patting her back. "...not for you, though, because you have someone now."

 

Seulgi didn't respond to that because Yoona was right. Absolutely right.

 

"What about that Kim?" Seulgi followed Yoona as they headed to their room, where Yoona was grabbing her coat.

 

"Should I try a different color for my coat? I think I'm getting tired of wearing black all the time."

 

Yoona always avoided any mention of her, radiating a strong sense of dislike.

 

"Yeah, you should totally try something different, but I'm sticking with my color. Black it is."

 

"Hmmm," Yoona muttered as she turned around, smiling and revealing a maroon velvet coat. "This is what I love!" She grabbed her keys and wallet, tucking them into her pocket.

 

"Stop ignoring my questions whenever I bring her up."

 

"Okay, what question is that again?"

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes but continued, "I asked about what happened between you and Jennie Kim last night."

 

Yoona shrugged, "Well...we cuddled. That's all."

 

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

 

"It can mean whatever you want it to be."

 

"Damn, Unnie! Why can't you just give me a straight answer sometimes?!"

 

"Alright, calm down. I just missed cuddling, and I wasn't in a good mood yesterday, like I said earlier. She came out of nowhere and insisted on spending the night with me. I was surprised that she actually fits in my cuddling list."

 

Seulgi started to smile at that answer. "So she fits the bill, huh?" she teased. 

 

"Yeah, she fits my cuddling list. Weren't you listening to what I said earlier? Is your hearing okay?"

 

Ignoring her sarcasm, Seulgi asked, "Has she stolen your heart this time?"

 

Yoona playfully punched her in the stomach, pretending to be hurt. "Stop infecting me with your lovey-dovey nonsense, please! It makes me want to gag!"

 

Seulgi laughed and shook her head. "Oh dude, one day I'm going to enjoy watching you head over heels for someone you love."

 

Yoona made a disgusted face and shook her head. "Ewww! That will never happen."

 

Seulgi smiled secretly, thinking to herself, If I fell in love unexpectedly, I'm pretty sure you will too, Yoona Unnie. Maybe not now, but eventually.

 

---

 

Fans were cheering and screaming loudly as their favorite idols walked the red carpet, heading to their designated tables.

 

Red Velvet and BLACKPINK decided to sit together, enjoying each other's company. Seulgi stood behind Irene, happy to be with her fellow members.

 

They were seated at a round table with the following arrangement: Jennie, Irene, Wendy, Joy, Yeri, Rosé (Chaeyoung), Jisoo, and Lisa.

 

The girls chatted and interacted, but Jennie couldn't contain her excitement when she caught a glimpse of Yoona in her maroon velvet coat earlier at the parking lot. She silently praised herself for maintaining professionalism, as she knew she'd have leaped at Yoona otherwise.

 

"Did you all see her?! OH MY, SHE LOOKS SO HOT IN THAT VELVET MAROON COAT!" The other girls chuckled at Jennie's girlish excitement over seeing her crush.

 

"Watch your language, Jennie Kim," Irene scolded, prompting Jennie to sheepishly smile.

 

Seulrene shared a secret laugh, shaking her head, anticipating the teasing she had in store for Yoona later.

 

"I'm sorry, Unnie, but am I right?! We're a couple now! Look at what I'm wearing, this y fitted red dress. We're totally a matching pair!" Jennie beamed with happiness.

 

"Jennie, you're truly in love!" Irene teased.

 

"If you all only knew, she talks about Detective Lim every single day. 'Detective Lim likes this,' 'Detective Lim likes that.' It's getting annoying, honestly," Jisoo added, rolling her eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter